Boob Job and Tummy Tuck

Options

Replies

• andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Simple answer. It is a trend. Like cells and tablets. Sooner or later everybody that gets it contacts with them becomes "infected".It will pass.
    In the other hand I can tell you how I see this like a man. He wants his piece to be the best of the best. Do you really blame him for that? Yes it should be also some rationality involved but hey there is always a middle way.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I hear what you're saying but I wouldn't mind if my boobs were back on my chest where they belong - not bigger, NOT silicone, just up
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    I agree and disagree. I personally have never thought about having surgery to look better but now that I have lost alot of weight and still loosing I have thought about getting my flap cut off and a breast lift. I feel it is a persons choice and if it makes you feel good then go for it. I will only be able to do this when I have the funds so it will be a long time. :smile:
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    surgery is an individual choice, and as long as it does not risk their health, I see nothing wrong with it. In a few years, I plan on having the twins lifted a bit and see nothing wrong with it. However, OP as you are only 18, I would say give your body a chance to mature just a little before you even consider it. I know that might sound condescending but truly your body is still changing and after having two kids, it needs some recovery time. Also, I assume hubby is young as well so try not to be too hard on him. Guys that age sometimes have a very skewed image of what the ideal body should be
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When we complain to men about things (including our body parts) they think it is their job to offer solutions. To them it isn't an insult but a suggestion.
    If we tell them we are upset about a certain body part, it also gives then sort of a subconscious permission to think there is something wrong with us and that they too can talk about it.
    They really need to educate themselves better about how to speak our language : )
    Do what makes you happy and comfortable but IF you decide on ANY procedure, make sure you have done all the physical and nutritional work necessary so that it isn't a crutch but just the final adjustment to all your physical accomplishments.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Simple answer. It is a trend. Like cells and tablets. Sooner or later everybody that get it contacts with them gets "infected".It will pass.
    In the other hand I can tell you how I see this like a man. He wants his piece to be the best of the best. Do you really blame him for that?

Ugh. This "piece" in question is 18 and just had a baby 4mo ago.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I think people should do whatever makes them happy and feel good about themselves.

^^^this

My mother suggested I get a tummy tuck and my ex is offering to pay full price for a boob job. I'm like HELLZ YEAH! But that's mean. Judge all you want, doesn't hurt me one bit
  • andrejjorje
    Options
    I liked this part. It is the completion to my post.
    When we complain to men about things (including our body parts) they think it is their job to offer solutions. To them it isn't an insult but a suggestion.
    If we tell them we are upset about a certain body part, it also gives then sort of a subconscious permission to think there is something wrong with us and that they too can talk about it.
  • petergalvin
    Options
    It is certianly each to their own.

I have lost over 100lb and I probably want to lose another 40lb. I am 90% certain that I will get my man boobs removed. I have a hang up about. I have had them since my teens. People would think nothing of walking upto me and grabbing them, making fun of them. Girls would say 'Oh I would love your boobs!' I found the reply of 'you are welcome to them' was the best response.

Anyone who loses weight will no doubt love to tuck a bit there, suck a bit here etc. So it is each to their own.

Good Luck!
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That would hurt my feelings as well. I, like you, don't necessarily believe in surgically altering my body. I have three children and two are girls. To me, it seems almost hypocritical to preach to them to love themselves as God made them and then to turn around and have surgery. However, I can also see why people do these things and more power to them, if that's what makes them feel good. It's just not for me.
    I would explain to your hubby how that has hurt your feelings. I'm sure he wasn't thinking straight when he made the comment. Guys can be dumb sometimes!
  • andrejjorje
    Options
    I really don't see your point here. He's thinking like a man hit by the trend. It doesn't mean that he's not thoughtful . Obviously we don't understand women but the opposite is also true.
    Simple answer. It is a trend. Like cells and tablets. Sooner or later everybody that get it contacts with them gets "infected".It will pass.
    In the other hand I can tell you how I see this like a man. He wants his piece to be the best of the best. Do you really blame him for that?

Ugh. This "piece" in question is 18 and just had a baby 4mo ago.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Everyone should do what makes them feel best about themselves, but I, like you, would have been very hurt and I, like you, don't plan on surgically altering my body... ever. I resonate with you 100%.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something very different than previous posters. Maybe he thought you would be happy to hear he has money saved up for this surgery. I had a tummy tuck at age 25 after losing 90 lbs. Twelve years later I had my first child, but it was a nice 12 years! I am sure if I had been in a relationship at that time and my partner had offered to pay for the procedure, it would have felt like stinging criticism, but with time I'd probably have grabbed the money and felt good about it! (Maybe months or years later, though).

I agree it's too soon to contemplate surgery at all. I was impatient when I had my tummy tuck--I should have waited a year after losing my weight, and maybe it would have given the pooch time to tighten up. Also, the motivation, as well as the timing, should be yours, too.

I can well understand the hurt and shock you must feel. Obviously, your partner should have picked a better time to discuss it, perhaps when you were discussing fitness goals with him. But, people (even your partner) can misspeak. He may just be happy that you are losing weight and getting fit, and wanted to lend support, albeit in a clumsy way. He's showing you he wants to spend money on you, not go out and buy a luxury car for himself. I would nurse my wounds and forgive his awkward way of bringing this up.
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just let him know that if you ever did go that route it would be because you wanted to and ask him not to mention it again because right now it offends you.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    My point is the OP is young, and given that she just gave birth, cannot expect her body to be perky and taut. But because she's young, it is quite likely that with a little time, her body will return to it's prepregnancy state (perkier boobs, flatter stomach). Exercise and eating right will certainly help that. Surgery just seems to premature and wreckless at this juncture.
  • Savora
    Savora Posts: 25
    Options
    This was a great topic and really good responses, I'm not gonna lie a few made me giggle, some made me sad and others made perfect sense. With that being said I have had a tummy tuck in 98 after losing 100 lbs and I would do it all over again, there's nothing like busting your butt to create the body you want and never being able to achieve it because of extra skin that I was responsible for stretching out. Maybe we grow as people and turn our lives to a different path of health and fitness instead of junk food and couches, when that happens we are left with the aftermath of our sedentary lifestyles, but on our bodies : ( If you have the $ and want to fix a couple things, shoot go for it. You get one life and one body do what makes you happy!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I think people should do whatever makes them happy and feel good about themselves.

agreed! I received a breast augmentation and am getting a lift next month and am happy I did! The shape and size of mine was something that really bothered me and who wouldn't want live happy with their body?! If I could, I'd get lipo too!
  • andrejjorje
    Options
    Very wise answer. I bow before you.:flowerforyou:
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something very different than previous posters. Maybe he thought you would be happy to hear he has money saved up for this surgery. I had a tummy tuck at age 25 after losing 90 lbs. Twelve years later I had my first child, but it was a nice 12 years! I am sure if I had been in a relationship at that time and my partner had offered to pay for the procedure, it would have felt like stinging criticism, but with time I'd probably have grabbed the money and felt good about it! (Maybe months or years later, though).

I agree it's too soon to contemplate surgery at all. I was impatient when I had my tummy tuck--I should have waited a year after losing my weight, and maybe it would have given the pooch time to tighten up. Also, the motivation, as well as the timing, should be yours, too.

I can well understand the hurt and shock you must feel. Obviously, your partner should have picked a better time to discuss it, perhaps when you were discussing fitness goals with him. But, people (even your partner) can misspeak. He may just be happy that you are losing weight and getting fit, and wanted to lend support, albeit in a clumsy way. He's showing you he wants to spend money on you, not go out and buy a luxury car for himself. I would nurse my wounds and forgive his awkward way of bringing this up.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    As a flat-chested, less than an A-cup woman non-surgically enhanced, may I just say that I love you! :) Have a wonderful day and be proud of your body.

And for those who have chosen to have surgery, I can understand that too because up until the past year or so, I always wanted to get bigger boobs. I think it should be the person's individual choice as to what he/she can live with.
  • FitnessGirlie16
    Options
    If you want to do it for YOU, and only for YOU, to be more comfortable in your own skin, and you can afford it, more power to you. I don't think there's anything wrong with it but personally, I also think it depends on the situation.

If you went in for surgery just to please him, well of course I'd discourage you. If you went in and got huge foam bags to seek attention, again, I'd discourage it. If your boobs sagged in such a way that you were uncomfortable in a tshirt and your bras pinched you, and they were incredibly disproportionate, well that's an entirely different story. But you know, sometimes the greatest gift you can give to your children is to take care of yourself and to have pride in yourself. You're not teaching them to change their body, but that they need to do whatever way feels right for them, because their body is their temple. If this feels right for you, that's perfectly fine!

But! I could also never advocate dating or marrying someone who didn't love you just the way you are. I mean, I don't know you, and maybe this was just a spastic verbal moment for him. Only you would know that.

You'll have your body forever—the husband? I'm thinking not so much. To be supportive of someone's choice for surgery is kind and loving, to encourage it is selfish... just my 2 cents. He seems like an incredibly insensitive person, but if he is in your age bracket, trust me, he's got MUCH growing up to do.

And P.S. if he's walking around with a tic-tac in his jean pocket, if you know what I mean, and isn't the male equivalent of what he expects you to be after surgery... Well my gosh. Someone who expects something of their partner they themselves can't deliver on? Red flag to me.

*small boobies and proud of it!*

P.S. If there's any chance of your having MORE children in the future (since you're still very young), I'd wait until you're all done before making surgical changes.