P90X living up to its claim

Options
2»

Replies

• Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I followed the menu guide but it did say I needed to consume 3000 calories a day, which I don't think I can even do when I am eating properly ...

When you're trying to lose weight, you're supposed to do the calculations based on your goal weight, not your current weight.

Could you expand a bit more on that?

There's a formula that they give you to determine how much you should eat while doing the program. Men might want to use their current weight so they can gain muscle mass or replace their current mass with muscle. Women, on the other hand, would use their goal weight which often comes to an 1800-calorie-diet.

There's also a form on teambeachbody that you can fill out and it will give you a more individualized calorie intake based on the information you give them.

I see....very interesting..thank u
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    oh well that makes much more sense. so I am right on track ....woo hooo:happy:

P90X was not designed as a weight loss program, so there is no calorie deficit built into the program. Women normally need to consume about 1800 calories to lose weight while doing P90X. 3000 is way too high.

I agree, there should be a section in the food guide all about this.

Yes, the very first page in the Nutrition Plan explains it well.

Set your goals here in MFP to reflect the nutrition phase you are on (Fat Shredder or Energy Booster), and do your best to stay within those percentages. It helps to plan your meals the night before so you can play around with your food choices and serving sizes to meet your goals.
  • roccopico
    roccopico Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes, I have found that planning my meals and then getting them ready the night before really helps.
    I have everything portioned out and I bring it in my lunch bag to work. That way there is no guessing and it helps me avoid Chik fil A outings...
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Come join us over on this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54895-p90x-starting-a-new-thread

We're a fun group! :happy: