Please help me get this cottage cheese down :)

Options

Replies

• jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    when I was trying atkins, I would put cinnamon in it. I got so burnt out on cottage cheese even now I can't eat.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Pineapple or strawberries.

No matter how good a food is for you, if you have to choke it down it's probably not going to be a part of your nutritional intake long term. Feel the same way about Quinoa, horrible. MAybe be good for me but won't eat something that tastes that awful.

Tim
  • stacyengle
    Options
    If you hate it that much...don't eat it.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i use it in lasagne - make a healthy version with cottage cheese and parmesean - and eggplant instead of noodles -
    very tasty -
  • Olblueiiii
    Olblueiiii Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel a need to eat cottage cheese, especially if you don't like it? Is it protein?Try chicken breast. You can season it any way you like, and it's cheaper.
  • seaoftears
    seaoftears Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1 cup Cottage cheese
    1 cup yogurt
    3 cups berries (I used a thawed bag of frozen berries including raspberries and blackberries for the color)
    2 cup chopped pineapple
    2 bananas
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    berries and pumpkin spice
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it with salt and pepper. Or with bacon bits and sunflower seeds if It is at a salad bar.
    Have you tried small curd cottage cheese? Perhaps the slightly less "chunky" texture will help.

Mmmmmm, I love bacon bits............will have to try with those and the sunflower seeds...........
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You can put it in the blender with plain yogurt, Worchester sauce, garlic, onion flakes and parsley for a great dressing or dip. My mother used to do this 50 years ago.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    1 cup Cottage cheese
    1 cup yogurt
    3 cups berries (I used a thawed bag of frozen berries including raspberries and blackberries for the color)
    2 cup chopped pineapple
    2 bananas

Ooooh.......this one sounds yummy as well:bigsmile:
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1 diced apple
    1 package stevia
    cinnamon to taste
    roasted plain almonds
    all mixed into 3/4 c cottage cheese--yum!
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Eat it with hot salsa! It is so good.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ha-ha, I was trying to choke down plain yogurt with blueberries this morning. Must get more fruit....

Cottage cheese, I love and I don't eat it. Off to check numbers now. I would think it would be too fatty.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese and pineapple- YUMMY!!!

Also- Try this...my family calls it a "Cloud Salad"

Fat Free Cottage Cheese-
    Fat Free Cool Whip - thawed
    Sugar Free Jell-O (small packet- Usually Lime or Orange)
    No Sugar added fruit - drain (With Lime Jello (my fave) I put Pineapple. With Orange- I do Mandrin Oranges)

Directions: Mix cottage cheese, jello and thawed cool whip, let set. A few hours before serving add toughly drained fruit, chill again.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump....some of these sound good, I have never been a cottage cheese fan, but i think i will try it.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people do what I'm about to do...which is to answer a question not asked, but...

Why do you want to choke down cottage cheese if you don't like it? Particularly if its the texture you don't like, what about yogurt? Or a dairy based smoothie?

What this fruit-helmeted cat just said. Why force yourself? There's nothing magical or super-nutritious about cottage cheese that you can't get elsewhere. I love it, but I get why people don't. If it's a texture thing, you may want to try Greek yogurt. Yum!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well, imagine my surprise it is 90 calories for a 1/2 c. I know what I am adding to my snack list.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I hated cottage cheese. It took me over year to get to like it and I just had to keep trying it. What worked for me is to eat it with strawberry preserves. It makes it sweet enough to get past what I saw as questionable texture.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheeses with jalapeno slices!!!

My friend loves to scoop it up with nacho cheese Doritos.
  • AMaro215
    AMaro215 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I get the cottage cheese doubles, they are only 100 calories. They have blueberry,strawberry and peach fruit to eat the cottage cheese with. I wasnt a big fan of cottage cheese either until I started buying these. Its just the right amount, not too much to make you sick of it.