What is your favorite breakfast food?

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    i eat 4 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of multi grain toast topped with peanut butter and sugar free grape jelly with added fiber! i LOVE breakfest. mine is about 560 calories
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    1/2 CUP Egg Whites with 2 whole eggs, crushed garlic, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, hot sauce and ketchup... I like hot sauce and ketchup!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Eggs! Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and steel cut oats after eggs.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    I love instant cheese grits, chopped up hard boiled egg and a tbls. of bacon bits.- 205 calories and sticks to your ribs.
  • :bigsmile: 1/2 cup oatmeal 1tsp brown sugar, and hot tea or coffee witih vanilla almond milk and 2 sweet n low , going to try and switch it up some
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,900 Member
    2 fried eggs sunny side up.
    2 salmon patties
    2 home made crapes (with 1 part mung bean flower, 1 part rice flower/powder)
    a stir fry of:
    turnips, mushroom, spinach, onion and garlic with sundries tomato
    with sour cream on top

Yummm!
  • Emellon
    Emellon Posts: 36 Member
    Depends on if I slept in or not. LOL.

When I'm in a hurry: 2 Eggo wheat waffles with 1 tablespoon of light peanut butter and 1 cup Bolthouse Farms Strawberry/Banana smoothie. Gets me going and when I get to work I'll snack on healthy food I keep in my desk to ward off bad cravings.

When I have time: 1 cup egg whites with tomatoes or mushrooms seasoned with Greek/Italian spice and cooked with Olive Oil Pam spray, 2 turkey sausages, 1 piece whole wheat toast and 1 90-cal Cheddar snack. Keeps me full for at least 3.5 hrs and gives me a bit of everything.

I tried the oatmeal/cottage cheese route and just. can't. do it. Blech :P
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Leslie: Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?
    Ron: People are idiots, Leslie.

---(Parks and Rec)
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    low carb tortilla stuffed with 1/4c of egg beaters, slice of fat free cheese, and 1tbsp salsa, the best! I have it 99% of the time> So easy to make great to wrap in papertowel if low on time and eat on my way to work! and OF COURSE COFFEE w/coffemate and sugar. Can't give up the creamer and sugar.:noway:
  • MFPLynne
    MFPLynne Posts: 39 Member
    2 egg whites and one egg scrambled with 2 tbsp 2% cottage cheese with pepper and basil---scrambled--on 2 slices of 35 cal/slice bread. I spread bread with 1/4 of an avocado. 280 calories WITH the avocado

To die for !!

I am like @swankytomato I usually go for the protein and savory. Eggs with veggies or cottage cheese and v8. This morning it was 2 eggs, kale, and some sweet onion with a glass of v8. Oh and my coffee. When I do have cereal its always Bob's Red Mill 7 or 10 grain.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    I love breakfast!

I eat lots of different varieties of oatmeal, eggs, etc. but my FAVORITE breakfast is a piece of whole wheat toast with some avocado spread on it and an over medium egg on top of that.

Deeeelicious and the healthy fat keeps me full longer than any other breakfast.
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    I love instant cheese grits, chopped up hard boiled egg and a tbls. of bacon bits.- 205 calories and sticks to your ribs.

OMG I SOOOO LOVE GRITS!!!:love:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    I have a crazy schedule in the mornings, so during the week it is usually a maple and brown sugar high fiber oatmeal packet made with almond milk, a high fiber cold cereal and almond milk or greek yogurt and a piece of fruit.. On the weekends when I have more time, it is often an egg and two egg whites on a half of a high fiber english muffin with a slice of cheese or turkey sausage or homemade oatmeal with almond milk and brown sugar.

I have a hard time eating very much in the morning as far as volume because I get queezy, but I have to eat something or I get a headache so I have always been a small breakfast eater unless I can wait an hour or so after I get up. Generally my breakfast is between 170-220 calories and then I have a morning snack about two hours later when I can tolerate food a little better.
  • grod45
    grod45 Posts: 20
    Jimmy Dean D-lights - turkey sausage, egg white, cheese, on a croissant. Less than 300 calories and A LOT of protein. LOVE

That's my exact favorite too! keeps me full and satisfied, not to mention it's delicious! just bought another box today.
  • MFPLynne
    I love breakfast!

Me too!
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    2 egg whites and one egg scrambled with 2 tbsp 2% cottage cheese with pepper and basil---scrambled--on 2 slices of 35 cal/slice bread. I spread bread with 1/4 of an avocado. 280 calories WITH the avocado

To die for !!

I am like @swankytomato I usually go for the protein and savory. Eggs with veggies or cottage cheese and v8. This morning it was 2 eggs, kale, and some sweet onion with a glass of v8. Oh and my coffee. When I do have cereal its always Bob's Red Mill 7 or 10 grain.

UMM what's Bob's Red Mill?
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    my favorite breakfast is a souvlaki breakfast ..what do i eat now?? usually plain oatmeal with cinnamon and egg whites on the side
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    My absolute fav has always been French Toast! *nom nom nom! :smooched: * But since that's a calories explosion just waiting to happen, I very rarely have it anymore. One of my NEW faves, is my chocolate protein pancake with a dab of either natural pb, or Nutella (the hazelnut spread of the gods!) on top. And a piece of fruit on the side... super yummy combo with strawberries! :smile:
  • MFPLynne
    [/quote]

UMM what's Bob's Red Mill?
    [/quote]

Bob's Red Mill is brand that's main focus is whole grains. http://www.bobsredmill.com/
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    16 oz. Coffee with 1/4 cup almond milk
    Omelet - 2 egg whites, 1 egg, 1 cup baby spinach, 3 slices Canadian bacon, 1 slice pepper jack cheese
    1 pack of regular oatmeal with cinnamon added
    1 clementine orange

Have it at 6:30 AM and I am good all the way up to 9:30 AM for my mid morning snack.