Please help me get this cottage cheese down :)

Options

Replies

• Bitterbeauty
    Bitterbeauty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people do what I'm about to do...which is to answer a question not asked, but...

Why do you want to choke down cottage cheese if you don't like it? Particularly if its the texture you don't like, what about yogurt? Or a dairy based smoothie?

Several Reasons:

I am trying to expand my food options. I am slowly adding things that I considered "gross" to things I eat. For example I used to hate tuna...I ate it for lunch today with rice and enjoyed it. Cottage cheese is very versatile....wanted to see if I can give it another try.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    sorry, I can't get that stuff down
  • Bitterbeauty
    Bitterbeauty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions :) Just what I was looking for.
  • kyoules
    kyoules Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you like the texture of pudding? If so, whip the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and add a few stawberries.
    I was also going to suggest this. I have used my food processor before to blend cottage cheese for a spinach artichoke dip and it worked great! It's more of a sour cream/cream cheese texture that way, and you can use it to substitute for these items as well.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    if you don't like it then don't eat it. surely there are 100 other things out there that you enjoy AND are good for your body
  • LinBin2012
    Options
    blend it till smooth !!
    and maybe add a touch of honey
  • Eshta
    Eshta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sriracha sauce!
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't make yourself eat it if you hate it! :huh:
  • crazylil1
    Options
    cottage cheese on a low calorie cracker with cucumber and tomatoe ect..
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    on a potato, salt and pepper, with some tomatos
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I mixed it in yogurt!!

I 2nd this suggestion! For some reason blueberry yogurt is great with cottage cheese.

Also, I had a can of whole berry cranberry sauce and decided to try it with cottage cheese. It was actually really good, too!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My question is, why are you trying to force yourself to eat something that you don't like?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Try PRESSED DRY cottage cheese.. it's not that slimey kind. It's dry and the appearance reminds me of feta in that it crumbles.
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I really like sliced up tomatoes, or grape tomatoes cut in half with heavy pepper in mine.
  • gabesgrandma
    Options
    I also am not a fan of cottage cheese, but it is absolutely delicious with some cantaloupe, sliced almonds and sliced grapes! And it is so satisfying. I prefer the small curd too, it's much better! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people do what I'm about to do...which is to answer a question not asked, but...

Why do you want to choke down cottage cheese if you don't like it? Particularly if its the texture you don't like, what about yogurt? Or a dairy based smoothie?

Several Reasons:

I am trying to expand my food options. I am slowly adding things that I considered "gross" to things I eat. For example I used to hate tuna...I ate it for lunch today with rice and enjoyed it. Cottage cheese is very versatile....wanted to see if I can give it another try.
    I was going to say the same thing ("Why force yourself?") but I do applaud you wanting to expand your food options and give things a second try. I, for one, can't stand fat-free or low-fat cottage cheese, but I LOVE full-fat cottage cheese. Of course, this is pretty much the case for all dairy with me. Fat makes things tasty, so maybe try that if you haven't already? Also, I have found that different brands seem to vary quite a bit in how they taste, so I would try a few different brands.
  • olson_s
    olson_s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese plain but sometimes i mix mandarin oranges and some of the powder from orange sugar free jello!!
  • hollyinPR
    hollyinPR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Use it as a dip with fresh cut veggies (ie - bell peppers, carrots, celery, etc.). I had it today on top of cucumber rounds with a bit of pepper for a snack.

Once upon a time I didn't like cottage cheese, mostly for the texture. But after trying it out "one more time" myself, I began to like it. Now I crave it!

Best wishes!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Come on guys, lets give her some credit for trying out something healthy. There is no reason to give up on it right away, try mixing things into it like fruit or yogurt. I like mine with a little black pepper or with pineapple. If all of that fails then you can try something different, like greek yogurt.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I love it plain... or with just about anything. Like tofu, it's sort of bland and takes on the taste of whatever you put with it. But... recently I tried it with some mandarin orange slices and it was GREAT!