Not showering after the gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I go to class all the time after the gym! Just make sure you bring some deodorant with you!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes at work. I clean up with baby wipes, dry shampoo for my hair, deoderant and a touch of new makeup and I am good to go.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Baby wipes etc might work but I sweat too much and care too much about how I look and smell so I couldn't get away with it but we are all different. My hair would be dripping...ugh....I think if you are comfortable with it, go for it! :glasses:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't be a problem but I suggest baby wipes and change of clothes. Wipe off as well as you can and change everything (especially underwear) and you should be good. I try to shower afterwards but sometimes I don't and if I don't get out of my workout shirt right away i get a lot of bacne from all the sweat drying onto my back.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If you don't stink it's not offensive. Beware of body sprays, they do stink and could be offensive, just like perfume. I HATE it when coworkers wear perfume to the office. What smells good to you is often offensive to others.

Bring some type of wet wipes with you to the gym and make sure you wipe off the sweat. Even if you don't stink, the sweat can cause skin irritation or blotches. A wet washcloth would work too.
  • kbee784
    kbee784 Posts: 27
    Options
    I cannot imagine doing that... I sweat so much, it would be totally uncomfortable for me to go anywhere after I work out. I don't think that I smell, but I work so hard that I'm disgusting by the time I'm finished. I have to shower to feel human.
  • kbee784
    kbee784 Posts: 27
    Options
    But that being said... To sit through an hour long class after, I think that's fine. Use some wipes and a little body splash and shower after :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If you were clean when you went in, you're probably going to be ok. If you have a friend in the class, ask them to clue you in if things aren't cool.