First Day! Already Cheated! Aah!

Options
2»

Replies

• ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i had a BBQ chicken melt WITH chips and a full bag of popcorn if that makes u feel better??? i was 500 calories over my 1200 intake - WHOOOOPS (no gunna lie - was worth it)
    BUTTTTTT yesterday was good as gold and was 600 claories under my goal so hoping that will balance it out for weigh in 2morrow :) x
  • roshart
    roshart Posts: 18
    Options
    Wow that's really inspiring! I am struggling a bit at the moment to keep on track, but your words have motivated me! thank you :wink:
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! I hope you find all the support and motivation that you need to help you reach your weightloss goal.
    I have been on this site since June and there are so many people that are here to help eachother stay motivated so we can all reach our health and fitness goals. If you are seeking friends you can add me. I am 40yrs old and trying to get in the best shape of my life. I workout 2x a day for approx. 1 1/2 to 2 hrs a day. I have more motivation now than ever since my sister will be getting married in may of 2013 and I am in the wedding. I keep telling myself I am already the oldest in the wedding party I cannot be the biggest.LOL. If you have any? just ask that is why we are all here.
    I hope you have a very blessed day!
  • m_nicole29
    Options
    Be careful about going too overboard with the "diet" mentality. In my opinion, it's better to think of this as changing the way you eat forever, not a diet. This means eating realistically. By all means have a chicken breast and beans, but don't be afraid to have "bad" foods too. The only thing that matters is that you stay within your calorie allowance most days. I know that personally, trying to "diet" is just unsustainable. If I crave a cheeseburger, I'll have one, but I'll make it myself from lean beef with a wholemeal bun for example. Even getting a fast food burger would be fine though, if otherwise I was within my calorie allowance. To me, this is more realistic than going for an all out diet. Even if I stuck to that for long enough to lose the weight, then what? I'd have learned nothing about how to eat well when not dieting!

The other thing is, don't get hung up on "cheating". It's not cheating to go over your calorie allowance now and then. Don't let it get you down and don't beat yourself up about it, because then it becomes easy to see the whole thing as "ruined" and give up completely. If you have a bad day, no problem, just keep on going. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and if you just keep going as best you can you will soon learn the habits you need to reach your goals.

Totally 100% agree!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Keeping a food diary for me is key. But, perfection is not what I strive for. I figure if I can eat healthy 80% of the time I am golden. FYI
    I love M&M's found out that 28 of them is 100 calories Thank You God.

Have a great day and remember life is what you make of it, don't take it too seriously.
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The first week I didn't bother to try cut down, I just logged what I ate so I got a better idea of what I ate when. It really helped me to see how much I ate, and what were the foods I needed to exchange or cut down on. but I still have a rule that if I'm hungry I eat, it's just different things now!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Look at the positive you were good most of the day.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself! For me, the first 2 weeks was all about learning! I logged in all my food and made adjustments as I went. This is a learning journey and you don't need to be perfect on day 1.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You can't fix the past. You can only forgive yourself and move on. See my signature line, the quote from Winston Churchill? That speaks volumes about what it takes for long term success.

Vancouver WA or Vancouver Canada?

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone, girl. Don't let it ruin your motivation. We all have those days. I tend to save those days for when I'm going to a mexican restaurant! Haha!
    Feel free to friend me! I log and post a lot, and I'm always happy to give support! :)
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I didn't read every reply so if this is a repeat I apologize but for me logging in foods/meals/snacks before I ate them really really helped. I was craving a pbj sandwich a while back, so I logged it in and decided I could live with 1/2 a sandwich instead, craving cured and calories saved. Log everything that you eat/drink and making your diary public helps keep you more accountable too, but you have to be honest with yourself first and know that you will have off days now and then, just don't let the one over-indulgent day take over your whole week. Good luck & you can do it!
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My name is Berlynn and I am a food-a-holic. Day one on this site and trying to be healthy, need to lose this extra weight!! I had a nice healthy dinner, one chicken breast, grilled. some stir-fried veggies and a half a cup of black beans. was feeling awesome! then caved and made my self a sandwich. (Its 1am) hopefully tomorrow will be better.. I am 21, and live in Vancouver. would love to have some friends on here for help when i need a fix :) So excited to join this journey with everyone!!

EVERYDAY IS NEW!
    You can do it!
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    You can't fix the past. You can only forgive yourself and move on. See my signature line, the quote from Winston Churchill? That speaks volumes about what it takes for long term success.

Vancouver WA or Vancouver Canada?

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Vancouver Canada!
  • mchotiner
    mchotiner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi -today is my first day trying myfitnesspal. So far so good - I guess I'm a little worried that during the week I'll have trouble finding time to actually enter the different foods / exercise into the diary. Any thoughts?