One size doesn't fit all

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    im 5'6, 243(ish - havent weighed for a while) and i wear some 18s, and some 20s, depending on the cut
    Same x
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and around 135 and I wear a size 4 (US) even though I have a big butt and thighs
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    What's a "paint" size?
  • franklinsmom
    franklinsmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea, because we all are so very different! I'm 5'3", 188 pounds and size 12, sometimes 10.
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    5'5", 157
    (Started at 185)

I have used a belt and just wore the baggie pants, so I don't know pant sizes, but I will when I finally decide to get new pants! My pants are scrunching up on my waist awkwardly. ;~;
  • _magnolias
    Options
    5'3, 145, and average in about a pant size of 12.
    Child bearing hips...Damn these thighs.:3

Similar over here. 5'3, 156 and usually wear a 12 or 14 depending on the jean brand.
  • oodlesnoodles
    oodlesnoodles Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 199 and I wear between a 16-18 depending. My highest weight was 251 and I wore a tight 24.
  • nataliemae2011
    nataliemae2011 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh 238 and i am 5'6 size 16 rarley size 18.

I have always said that even though i weigh a lot i have a lot of muscule. I am very strong too.
    I am working on losing the fat and gaining lean muscule. : )
  • pattys1054
    Options
    When I started dieting I weighed 207 and wore a 16-18, I am 5"6". I am now 173 and I bought a pair of 12 jeans which are getting a little baggy in the legs and I bought some dress slacks that are an 8. All depends on brand, and cut. I have skinny legs and don't have a large butt. I'm all middle.So, if I can find a little stretch in the waist I can fit in the 8. My top was a 1x 18-20 and now I am in a large in some things. 12-14. However, if I buy some brands at certain stores I am still an XL and some I am a medium. It's crazy. You're right one size does not fit all. And from one brand to the next it changes.

All I know is I want to be healthy.

Anyone have some good ideas for losing the upper body? Arms, and waist mostly.
  • melissammundy
    Options
    5'1 129lbs I wear a size 7/8 pants (us)

In 2009 I was 125lbs & wore a size 3/4 ( I had just got out of navy bootcamp so I was really fit)
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    5'2.5", 144 lbs and wear size 8 petite in dress pants & 10 petite in jeans. Mostly M tops.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8. I weigh between 165-173 (I fluctuate a lot more than a normal person so I don't feel comfortable giving a set weight) but I wear either a 6 or an 8 in jeans depending on the brand.

* also, I used to weigh between 200-210 and wore either a 13 or 15
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am 5' and 127 pounds wearing size 7/8, although I did try on a 6 at Target that fit the other day.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Interesting little factoid. I weigh exactly 15 lb more right now than I did this time last year. But wear the exact same clothing. The biggest thing I changed is I started weight lifting heavy and doing the stair climber. So for me, the scale is no longer my gauge. It's all about the pants.

yea the funny thing for me is I weigh like 40 pounds more then I did the last time I was big but then I had to wear a 20 now I wear a lose 18, thats crazy I guess its the years of hard work
  • 1Timothy4v8
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 150lbs. My pant size varies from store to store between a size 10 - 14 UK size (which would be 6 - 10 USA size). There really is no consistency with sizes, I have tops ranging from a 10 - 18 ( 6 - 14)!! All of them fit :/ I'd say on average I'm a 12uk bottom / 14uk top.
    I'm used to it, I don't even care what the size says anymore... the one thing that really bugs me though is when I go to a store, pick up a top in XL and it's too small!!! that's just not right! I don't care if it says XXXXXXXL as long as it fits, but when XL is the largest one and is the equivalent of a 12uk / 8usa... who the hell are they catering for???

yea I swear they reduced the size XL I swear, cuz I dont remember them being so small
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Here's a good example of how one size doesn't fit all:

My sister is an inch taller than me. When she got married she weighed 117. A few years later I got married. I wore her old dress in the exact same size (no alterations) as she did but I was an inch shorter and weighed 130. Yet our bodies were in the exact same proportions (it was a mermaid style dress so there was no hiding thighs.)
  • 1Timothy4v8
    Options
    5'4" weighing in at 150 and im an 8-10 depending on the maker
    i ordered a body shaper the other day and based on the measurement chart, it said i needed a medium. i received my size medium and it would fit my 6 year old. sent it back and im waiting for the XL now :ohwell:

yea this is the problem with fashion no one has the same type body, the thing that really makes me made is because of my hieght they say I am supposed to be 140 in which would be impossible for me the skinniest I think I would be able to go is 160 but then I know I would have rib cage showing
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-baffling-things-about-womens-clothes/

This is a great article for those who do not understand this concept, I sold women's clothes for years. I can tell you that I would sent people with a size up and down when they went to change.

Mens are not much better, old navy calls a mens 42 a 38 according to the article
  • 1Timothy4v8
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and around 135 and I wear a size 4 (US) even though I have a big butt and thighs

Go away size 4 :grumble: hahaha just kidding :tongue:
  • 1Timothy4v8
    Options
    I weigh 238 and i am 5'6 size 16 rarley size 18.

I have always said that even though i weigh a lot i have a lot of muscule. I am very strong too.
    I am working on losing the fat and gaining lean muscule. : )

you should try out palates great for lean muscle in the stomach