MOTIVATION ON WEEKENDS

2»

Replies

• FoodFamilyFitness
    FoodFamilyFitness Posts: 17 Member
    Weekends can be really tough, but I'm so sick of losing during the week only to pack it back on over the weekend! So, I allow myself one cheat meal, no questions asked, just whatever I want. I try and drink extra water and track everything, no matter what. Good luck!!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Mix fiber with your (warm)beverages... You will feel full

I carry around a big mug of tea! And for sweetner, I use a little fruit juice.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Good idea. But, for me it is more a whole cheat day. UGGGGG
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    why should weekends be any different though? We make excuses why we can't but what if we CHANGED things that we do on the weekend to make it so that we do this every day?
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Weekends should be even easier than the rest of the week. You can make extra time for a bigger/second workout!
  • I try to think of the weekend as just a normal week days Try to follow the plan that you have made for yourself throughout the week
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    I continuously struggle with this as well. I do SO GOOD all week because I have a set schedule for work & whatnot, but once Saturday and Sunday hit it's like everything goes out the window. Or into my mouth. I can lose a few pounds Monday through Friday, but put those few pounds back on Saturday and Sunday. And thaaaaat's why I'm maintaining. :embarassed:
  • On weekends i gol ti walk and imagine on my mind my nue body that keep me motivated.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Seconding some of the suggestions. Use your extra time to work out more, not less. You are doing this for YOU, don't let yourself down on the weekend! Log, log, log and preplan those meals out. Logging helps me remember what I am doing and why. I actually enjoy meals out now MORE, because I plan it and know that I am within my plan and so I enjoy every single bite. If you are going to have a splurge meal (ie, go over) then make it a MEAL, not a whole day or the whole weekend. Of course, if you can do that and still lose weight, more power to you, I can't. I weigh weekly on Sunday mornings so that helps keep me on as well.

This is a new thing for me. I would previously go off on the weekends and just say what the heck if I blew up. Probably one way I got so fat! I am finally to the point that I can plan a treat and stick to it. I also cannot eat so much as I could and sweets are getting too sweet.

Whatever your issue, if you look for SOLUTIONS, not excuses, you will find them.
  • I try to look at weekends just another day!! If it's nice out get some outdoor activitys in. Do your best as you would durning the week!!! How well you did on the weekend will give you something to talk about during the week!!!! I hope this helps! Have fun with it !! Try not to get stressed out.ALL Aboard !!! Let's keep this traine a going!!!!:smile:
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    I weigh in on Mondays!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    weekends are hard! I always try to do an extra hard morning workout, especially if I know we have plans, such as going to dinner or a party. I also make a long to-do list that keeps me busy and gets me out of the house. Plus I always plan something fun to do with my kids so they aren't sitting around the house watching TV!
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    I make going to the gym part of my weekend routine. its always a lot quieter in the pool and gym area so I prefer to go then. it then allows me a few extra calories to play with if i need them
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Workout at least one day on the weekend if not both. Too easy to fall off the wagon on weekends but can do damage control by continuing to workout.

^^This. I always make sure to work out at least one day on the weekend. Fridays are usually my day off from exercise. So I often work out on Saturdays. Then weigh-in on Sundays. Works for me-- well at least most of the time! :laugh: