5' 8" Whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 160. I do have DDD's and I need to look proportionate. Unless they tend to drop as I lose weight... then I would say around 140.
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was almost 400 lbs. Currently down to 296-300. Aiming for 180 because for some reason that number is in my head. We'll see what happens.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    My goal right NOW is 150lbs. If I am still flabby or fat at that point maybe another 10lbs but I'll probably stop around 135-140lbs. My frame is big boned/wide hips so anything smaller and I look anorexic.
  • mattiematilda
    Options
    I'm not 5'8", I'm 5'6", and my goal weight is 120. Right now I weigh 135. At the beginning of last summer, I weighed almost 150, but got down to about 122 before I started gaining weight again. So now I'm trying to nip this weight gain in the bud, lol. I have to say, I don't think there's anything wrong with the weight I'm at right now, but after being so small for so long, I'm just yearning to have that confidence back again. I loved the way I felt. :)
  • melissa97
    melissa97 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im 5' 9.5" and currently at 203...i am aiming for 150 but its just a base to work from...may be less or more depending on how i look and feel when i get there!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My goal is 145, but I can't promise I won't go for 135.
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    I'm 5'7" give or take a little....I have a large frame and my goal is around 165. :)
  • terirocks
    Options
    I think you can start with your 140 goal and as you get closer to it, you may need/want to adjust it. I'm 5'9" and have lost 20+ pounds, but I have discovered that it really boils down to when you start to be comfortable with yourself. I still have some fat to lose, but it isn't about a number anymore, just losing a little more fat so that I can see the muscles that are under there!
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and currently weight 147...my goal is 145! But I wont stop at 145, my ultimate goal has changed from # on the scale to Body Fat %

I have very similar stats. I am currently 145 and 5'8. I changed my goals from # to Body Fat %. If I have it figured correctly, I want to get to 23% and that should be around 141-142lbs. So I am real close. The closest I have ever gotten. It has only taken 14 months.
  • rac401
    rac401 Posts: 8
    Options
    I think where you should stop is dependent on what you look like at the end goal. I had a goal of reaching 155lbs, I am currently 165lbs. I am smaller than I was pre-pregnancy but I am now doing a lot more exercise and weight training. I don't think I need to lose anymore right now, if I do by maintaining my fitness regime so be it, but I am happy as I am. I am not trying to reach size zero, never was. I looked awful at my smallest size post pregnancy. I personally am happier slightly heavier than trying to get to a very low BMI, for my frame it just doesn't work.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My new goal isn't on the scale. My goal is to first fit into a size 8 again, then a size 6 again. I'm currently in 10/12. My other goals are to be able to do a pull up bythe end of the year and run a half marathon in September.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and when I started MFP in Feb 2008 I was weighing in at 230. I got down to 164 at my smallest, and I had a lot of muscle tone and I felt great! I've gained back about 20-25 lbs due to a car accident injury that left me incapacitated for a while and unable to work out, but I'd really like to get down to 165 again. 155 was always my original goal, but I realized that I don't want to be skinny, I want to be fit and I like having some muscle tone and still have my butt an boobs and I think 155 would honestly be too skinny for my body. When I hit 170 people told me to stop losing weight!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    5'7" will be happy at 170lbs
  • ckapes
    ckapes Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you. I am 5 71/2" and am 53 years old. That is the goal I am also aiming for. Your weight goals do change according to your age:-)
  • XtinaHayden
    Options
    I'm 5'8, my goal weight is 125lbs.
  • monalirog
    Options
    I'm currently 5'9" and 173 pound my goal weight is 145. The smallest that I went down in my weight was 155.
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8", 56yo, large framed and had a start weight of 312, started on the site 3 weeks ago and am now 304. Goal weight is 200 as a start and review at that point. 12 months to achieve it is also the goal.

It was a red letter day today. At weigh in (our electronic scales only reads to 308 lb. and my first goal was to stand on the scales and not get an error message and for it show show a weight) it happened. The scales showed my proper weight and NO ERROR MESSAGE!!! :bigsmile: I am fair chuffed.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    5'8 1/2"- my weight a month ago was 185 lbs. My goal weight is around 160 lbs. I want to have a decent body fat percentage, healthy, strong, be able to do pushups and pull-ups, so if I can do all that at 160 I will be very happy, but if I can't then I will go down to 155 lbs. I always thought 130 would be nice, but that is too skinny for me. I would lose most of my boobs and my husband would be very sad.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    My initial goal for being 5'8 is 160...that is just to get me down to out of the obese and overweight category. After I reach 160 I am going to make a new goal based on what I think I should be at that point.
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 31 years old with 3 kids and my original goal was 150, but now 140. I'm currently 142 and thinking maybe 135.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!