Oh the Irony……. Paula Dean

Options
2»

Replies

• Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I''m really sorry to hear this......

I enjoy her show, and I like taking her recipes and adapting them.

I hadn't wondered about her glucose levels, but often thought she surely can't be passing her cholesterol tests with flying colors......

Diabetes runs in my family......I toed the line @ my blood work up last year....and that was MY wake-up call....

I have yet to hear of ANYONE who, after being diagnosed with it,
    doesn't later say
    " I wished- when I had the chance to do something about it- BEFORE I was on insulin...that I would have done it."

Certainly hope she finds a lifestyle change....
    Who knows? We may see her here on MFP!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Sad? Yes.

Predictable? Yes.

Ironic? No.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love her son's new show...he takes Paula's recipes and modifies them so they are a lot healthier!

I saw an episode. It was entertaining. I wouldn't cook what he does though, I'll stick with the OTHER Georgia boy, Alton Brown!

I've done his stuff many times.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love her son's new show...he takes Paula's recipes and modifies them so they are a lot healthier!

I saw an episode. It was entertaining. I wouldn't cook what he does though, I'll stick with the OTHER Georgia boy, Alton Brown!

Alton Brown rocks I wish he would do another Feasting On Blacktop series combine motorcycles and small town dinner's instant winner in my book
  • lboogie188
    Options
    people are really being a**holes about this. the fact that she's like 65 and JUST now developing diabetes goes to show that her daily diet isnt horrible. her show demonstrate how to cook things that you would have occasionally. if i was miss deen i'd say FU to all my naysayers. reversing diabetes at her age with her family history, isnt impossible per se, but its up to her to decide if thats what she wants to do. quite frankly if i make it to that age, accomplish all that she has, and only then develop diabetes with my family history i will be quite proud
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Same here. Give me Alton anyday.