Deleting friends?

Options

Replies

• driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If they didn't log in or post I wouldn't notice, so the only way I would delete someone is if they were abusive.

this

Yeah, same. Or if they clogged up my news feed with irrelevant things waay too much.

One girl deleted me once because I think she thought I was developing an eating disorder. Instead of warning me or trying to help me before I got worse, she just deleted me. It was probably for the best though, her 800 calorie diet was influencing me to do the same, so good riddance!
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted inactive ones but I am gonna go thru and delete those who always post but never reply or support others.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    hrm ... i'm in the middle of a deleting period right now.

~ i support as many as i can in my news feed who's posted within the past two hours of me logging in. So I obviously don't get everyone, which means I don't expect for every single person to support me - BUT, if I don't see some type of participation - pm/response/support/hell, anything - what's the point of being on my friends list? Just so I can have a high number? I find that utterly stupid. If I don't even recognize your name - delete.

~ the MEMEMEs. The ones who post all the time about this and that but ~never~ respond or ever take a moment to reciprocate. - delete.

~ the overachieving undereaters. The ones who don't listen to good advice about their unhealthy eating habit. Not the ones who are trying - the ones who think drinking a bottle of OJ in the morning is awesome and then they complain about feeling sick. - delete

~ the immature. No, not in the funny kind of way. The real way. I'm too old to deal with it. - delete

If you make me laugh and we either pass ways on the boards, private messages, news feeds - you have a place in my heart.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Long periods of absence
    i dont like their views on weightloss
    they are rude to others in the forums
    i dont remember anything about them because
    they never support me/ i haven't talked to them since last year (meaning a year ago not a month ago lol)
    I start with oldest friends first then go through the pages that way
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I havent deleted anyone. I'm afraid they may come back and not have friends on their list and give up again. I dont see the problem keeping them as friends as they dont log in and post stuff so they arent any problems
  • ahunkofmexican
    Options
    It will always be a personal choice as to who and why. I prefer to keep a small list of friends for a few reasons. For one, i cannot keep up on 50-100 plus friends and really give them my attention, so 15-20 is enough for me ! Some friends i like to laugh with:laugh: and some because they need some kinda support :ohwell: and some because they achieved their goals and maintaining like they should and are a good example to follow :drinker: . I keep a few who haven't logged in for months cause i miss them and you never know whats going on in their life for them to not log in for a month or so. One of my favorites just disappeared off the face of the Earth and i fear that This person might of died. :cry: I'm hoping This person will come back safe and sound.:heart: Dont always be 2 quick to delete unless your sure 4 yourself. Good luck on your journey. :drinker:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Usually a friend will be deleted if they haven't logged in for over 15 days. If I don't recognize your name (aka you never post) then I'll also delete them. If they don't post then I can't support them so no point being friends. Usually I just sort through for people who haven't logged in for a long time. It's to the point that last time I checked my friends everybody except for 2 or 3 people had logged in that day or day before.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted inactive ones but I am gonna go thru and delete those who always post but never reply or support others.

And I second all those who are starving themselves or having pity parties all the time. I also delete if I continually see you put up big absences-- a week here, couple days there, etc, etc. I'm kind of heavy handed with the delete button. :)

I should add that I spend a lot of time actually viewing my friends' diaries, making comments, talking about exercise, recipes, and the like. I feel I am worth at least a little support from my friends, so if I check your profile and you haven't commented on any of your hundreds of friends' updates in weeks, then good riddance.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone who was out and out abusive and swearing at me when I voiced my opinions and they were in contrast to his. it was nasty. I blocked him. I still have friends who are 'pals' with him though (?).....
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    > 3 Days absense - Delete.
    > Abusve - Delete.
    > Annoying 'I'm going for a poop' type updates - Delete.
    > Eating under a healthy amount and not willing to listen - Delete.
    > Struggling for a couple of days - Keep.
    > Occasionally being glum - Keep.
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Days absent - generally if they are in the red and haven't posted a reason on their wall I will delete
    If they are here to cause drama - delete
    If I start to think they are disingenuous - delete
    If they don't encourage me or return my support - delete
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I will usually delete them if they haven't logged in for 2+ months.
  • spottedlee
    Options

~ the MEMEMEs. The ones who post all the time about this and that but ~never~ respond or ever take a moment to reciprocate. - delete.
    I have one of those and I hate it,,, this person would go on and on and on about this and that,,, so what!
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    If they haven't been online for 3 days or more, if they do not make an effort to encourage friends, thats the point of being friends!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i recently cleared my friends list by half - got rid of some that hadnt logged in for a while (weeks to months), some i had nothing in common with, some who ate too little and wouldnt listen to reason (im sorry, 0 calorie net a day is not good). others i just had no interaction with.
    i still have kind of a hard time keeping up with all the posts on my feed, but 27ish is much easier to deal with than 40+
    i might clean it up some more in the future, but in the mean time im being more picky about who i accept as friends.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I deleted someone that was constantly complaining about their weight...starving for a day....then binge eating the next and would cry about binge eating. I could only be so supportive and try to help for so long before I found it discourging.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Whats up with the three days crap? So, if I choose to take a vacation and not bring my smart phone I will come back to no friends?
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options

And I second all those who are starving themselves or having pity parties all the time. I also delete if I continually see you put up big absences-- a week here, couple days there, etc, etc. I'm kind of heavy handed with the delete button. :)

I should add that I spend a lot of time actually viewing my friends' diaries, making comments, talking about exercise, recipes, and the like. I feel I am worth at least a little support from my friends, so if I check your profile and you haven't commented on any of your hundreds of friends' updates in weeks, then good riddance.

All of the above for me!
  • brianpride
    brianpride Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The only time I've deleted friends is after 3 months of being absent. If they're still checking in, even intermittently I try to give what support I can.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Whats up with the three days crap? So, if I choose to take a vacation and not bring my smart phone I will come back to no friends?

I agree. There are all sorts of reasons that someone may not be able to log for even a week or so. I would rather delete someone that hasn't logged in for a couple of months.