OATMEAL IDEAS!!! to you lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I like to put a little fat free french vanilla coffee creamer on mine..omg so good!
    I like the steel cut too, but the calories are really high..I understand its good for me though.
    //////not like fake creamer..lol:blushing:
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and I have it every morning. If I'm making it fast in the microwave, I love it with a tablespoon of simply fruit: blueberry and a 1/4 cup of raisins. However, I also really enjoy slow cooker oatmeal. Steel cut oats with apples, cinnamon, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and walnuts. Amazing!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    Almond Joy Oatmeal

Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 cup steel cut oats
    2 cups flaxmilk or other non-dairy milk
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    2 tablespoons cacao chips
    1/2 cup organic shaved coconut
    1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped

Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine oats and milk together. Refrigerate overnight.
    Transfer oatmeal to a saucepan and heat, stirring, until heated through.
    Stir in coconut oil, cocoa nibs, and shaved coconut.
    Divide mixture among 2 bowls and top with almonds and extra milk, if desired.

Yep. Tastes just like an Almond Joy. When I make it I omit the coconut oil. Cuts down on added fats. This is really good oatmeal, and I know oatmeal.

I could also talk about my dark chocolate/peanut butter oatmeal...but I'll save that one for another time. :)
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    unsweetened applesauce for the liquid, (add a bit of water if needed) apple pie spice, walnuts
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    banana and a little bit of coconut with cinnamon. Sometimes some almonds or pecans. SOOOO delicious.

Also, unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon.

I also put 1/3 cup of pure pumpkin in with the oatmeal and some pumpkin pie spice. SO delish. :)
  • nal816
    nal816 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love adding a sliced banana, cinnamon and chopped walnuts to my oatmeal. Sometimes I slice up an apple and add cinnamon and sliced almonds :) I love sweetness and crunch in my oatmeal.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If i'm not having eggs then I'm having oatmeal. I usually put precooked "apple smush" I make baking apples in the oven or honey.
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mix some with eggs and fry in just a teaspoon full of oil - delicious
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I really love cottage cheese in my oatmeal. Amps up the protein too! I almost always pair that with a fruit - bananas and blueberries are my favorite. One packet of truvia makes it plenty sweet for me.
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    I add protien powder to mine most of the time
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me this recipe for a yummy baked pumpkin protein oatmeal:

1/3c dry oats
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    2 tsp baking powder
    a pinch of nunaturals stevia extract
    cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice (I use 1/4-1/2 tsp of each)
    1/3c canned pumpkin
    2 extra large egg whites
    1/4c unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 375. Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix well. Bake for 25 minutes.

Calories: 230
    Net Carbs: 22
    Protein: 19
    Fat: 4

Tasty and very, very filling! I have trouble finishing my bowl every time I make it (which is 2-4 times per week)! I'm going to ditch the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, replace the pumpkin with natural applesauce, and add some strawberries and/or blueberries this week to change it up.
  • OKfreebird
    OKfreebird Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I truly love oatmeal. Lately, steel cut oats has become my favorite kind of oatmeal. Well, what I put in mine depends on my mood. I like to add peanut butter, bananas, brown sugar, blueberries, plain yogurt, almonds, sweeteners like truvia or splenda. I found a recipe from one of the biggest losers books that has become an instant favorite of mine. It has unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, truvia, almond slices, and peach slices. I just added cinnamon to mine this morning since I like cinnamon and it does give it a good taste.
  • QueenRee
    QueenRee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im in love with the Lavish dark chocolate oatmeal with flax seed... YUMMM

OMGosh, is this not the best thing ever done to oatmeal!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love it sweet, but I also recently started eating it with savory things! This morning I made it with mushrooms garlic and salt. It was to die for!

Wow, this really peaks my interest! I might have to try that one day.

I usually have a flavored oatmeal (I like better oats strawberry or blueberry muffin) and put in dried cherries after I cook it. I found some awesome ones from Travers Bay on Amazon and they are so delish!
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This morning I added skim milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, splenda and raisins. Sometimes I add some crasins and maple syrup (the real stuff!).. Brown sugar, cinnamon and apple slices are excellent!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love it too! My dad is big on eating healthy and taught me another way of having it: 1/8 cup of Mrs Butterworth sugar free syrup and a teaspoon of brown sugar. So good!
  • cvillmill
    Options
    Oatmeal is great for dessert! Mix 1 c. oatmeal, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1/4 teas. cinnamon and 1/4 c. butter. Set aside.
    Measure 6 cups blueberries into an 8 x 8 glass dish. Stir together 1/4 c. brown sugar, 2 tablespoons, and 1/2 teas.
    cinnamon. Toss this mixture with berries. Top with oatmeal mixture. Bake at 350 for 40 45 minutes , or until juices
    bubble around the edges. 9 servings / cal = 182 (Use Truvia, Agave Nectar or Splenda and reduce thecalories!)
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    I add non fat greek plain or vanilla yogurt with cinnamon and frozen raspberries! Quick and easy!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    I just tried a new way this morning. Nuked a serving of frozen strawberries and added 1 tsp sugar. Cut back water on oatmeal to make it thicker, then added the strawberries after oatmeal was done. To die for!