OATMEAL IDEAS!!! to you lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    my new favorite oatmeal idea is Strawberries & Creme oatmeal (not that bad for you) with a handful of dried cranberries and about 10 glazed pecans. It makes it thick, slightly sweet and much more hearty and fortified. Love it that way.

Sometimes I also add some sliced bananas on top of the oatmeal when i make it like i mentioned above.
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I love it sweet, but I also recently started eating it with savory things! This morning I made it with mushrooms garlic and salt. It was to die for!

I've always wondered about that.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    What do you guys/gals use for the liquid? I use soymilk but I'm thinking about switching to water to I can free up some calories for flavoring.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Fresh blueberries, strawberries, coconut, almonds, flax, whey, chia seeds and golden raisins. Yummy ! :)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Almond butter, pumpkin, and berries are my favorite toppings. So good!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    what in the world does bump mean

It bumps the thread back up, usually to keep it trending. Plus people use it to bookmark because whenever you post on a topic it shows on your profile.
  • cassblue21
    Options
    bump
  • stablesong
    Options
    Raisins and honey are my favorite. I usually put tons and tons of honey in it, I've got to start practicing moderation.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal with raisins, chopped walnuts, 2 Splendas, 1 tsp of maple extract and light vanilla almond milk! So totally delish!
  • coachtruder
    coachtruder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Pampered Chef 'Sweeten it Up Set' along with the 'Sweet Apple Sprinkle' to add to my oatmeal. :) I am hoping they are good. I add a few chocolate chips and the chocolate/peanut butter mix. I put the chips in before I microwave it so they melt. I have used peanut butter and fresh fruit and I add these in after it is done. :)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    what in the world does bump mean

It bumps the thread back up, usually to keep it trending. Plus people use it to bookmark because whenever you post on a topic it shows on your profile.

Thank you very much! I was to embarrassed to ask! :blushing:
  • coachtruder
    coachtruder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The vanilla rice milk or vanilla coconut milk is really good. Not sure how many calories that compares to the soy milk since I don't like that stuff. ;)
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll add some vanilla and cinnamon .....lately I've been adding Smuckers sugar free strawberry, raspberry, or blackberry Jam with a splash of fat free milk
  • TiMoPhat
    TiMoPhat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I usually add raisins and dried cranberries and a little cinnamon. But I also switch up my breakfast on weekends. I also get fat free vanilla yogurt and sprinkle oatmeal on top along with raisins and cinnamon as well. Sometimes I add fruit like mixed berries or strawberries. It tastes amazing!!! A cool way to do oatmeal and its not hot. Sometimes the hot oatmeal can get boring. The "cold oats" are just as filling and hold me over just as great!!! It is good to have fun with your food!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I eat Better Oats Oat Revolution Maple and Brown Sugar instant. I love that stuff and usually get it for $1 a box and it has 6 pkgs. Does not even need anything added to it!
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal !!! Bump for later!
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First you have to make the basic Oatmeal Mix which makes about 4 cups and can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.

Oatmeal Mix

3 cups quick-cooking oats

1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp nonfat dry milk

2 Tbsp brown sugar

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal

1/2 Oatmeal Mix (see recipe above)

2 Tbsp dried cranberries

1 Tbsp chopped walnuts

1 cup fat-free milk, divided

1) Combine the Oatmeal Mix, cranberries, walnuts, and 1/2 cup of the milk in a medium microwaveable bowl.

2) Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave at 30-second intervals until it reaches the desired consistency. (I did 1 30-second intervals for a total of 1.5 minutes but your microwave may vary and I like mine thick.) Serve with the remaining 1/2 cup milk
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First you have to make the basic Oatmeal Mix which makes about 4 cups and can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.

Oatmeal Mix

3 cups quick-cooking oats

1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp nonfat dry milk

2 Tbsp brown sugar

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.

Banana-Maple-Walnut Oatmeal

1/2 Oatmeal Mix (see recipe above)

1/2 small banana, chopped

1 Tbsp maple syrup (I used 100% pure maple syrup)

1 Tbsp chopped walnuts

1 cup fat-free milk, divided

1) Combine the Oatmeal Mix, banana, syrup, walnuts, and 1/2 cup of the milk in a medium microwaveable bowl.

2) Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave at 30-second intervals until it reaches the desired consistency. (I did 2 30-second intervals for a total of 2 minutes but your microwave may vary and I like mine thick.) Serve with the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    OATMEAL BARS
    2 cups old fashion oats
    1 snack size box of raisins
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
    1 square Ghiradelli Intense dark Midnight chocolate chopped
    1 1/2 cups sweetened almond milk
    cinnamon

Mix together in a bowl. Put into a 6x6 pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 mins.
    Makes 9 bars
    126 calories each

I ususally put these in the fridge and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds in the morning.

OMG I have all those ingredients! I need to try that!