Pizza help!

Options
2»

Replies

• maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i love pizza but dont make it.. i just eat it if and when i am at a party and account for it . i cant make pizza at home cuz ill eat the whole thing
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Google Dr.Dow's pizza recipe saw him on the Dr Oz show and made it . Tastes delicious and is only 228 calories per whole pizza. The ingredients are booster foods which help us lose the lbs. hope this is helpful to you !

Awesome! Thanks!
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use fajita wheat flour tortillas. They make a fantastic crusts and you get two for 80 calories. Then use light sauce and cheese and load with veggies =)
  • jammie300
    Options
    I like wholewheat tortillas, the small ones from ASDA. With Passata (Sieved Tomatoes) and herbs with a little garlic. Toppings vary from smoked sausage or ham, to veggie ones with mushroom, onion and pepper. I do like strong cheese instead of mozzarella. I tend to put it under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.

James
  • ladydazy1
    Options
    I need healthy pizza recipes, too! My kids like it and so do my husband and I.
  • Goal_HourGlass
    Goal_HourGlass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, I know. Pizza is probably the worst possible thing I could have for dinner. However, I'm cooking it for my parents and decided I could do a half and half. However, I've never made "healthy" pizza before! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I love pizza!! Pizza is why I ended up on MFP haha but I've found some healthy alternatives. Make sure you have a healthy portion! Also using lots of veggie toppings like onions, spinach, tomatoes, etc. You could also use turkey sausage instead of other more fatty meats. I hope it turns out well!! ENJOY!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bunnybeth14
    bunnybeth14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I made pizza for my family this week, we rolled the dough out really thin, topped with a small amount of mozzerella, chicken, peppers and onion. We all had that with potato salad and salad and it tasted sooo good and even better without the guilt!!! Even my 7 year and 1 yr old twins scoffed the lot! Pizza doesnt have to be greasy and fattening!! :-)
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This veggie pizza is a little different, but omg, it is yummy:

http://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe_search/recipe.jsp?id=9658
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use fajita wheat flour tortillas. They make a fantastic crusts and you get two for 80 calories. Then use light sauce and cheese and load with veggies =)

If you can't find flatout bread, this is an excellent alternative. Spray the tortilla with a little cooking spray, slip in the oven for 5-8 minutes, then cover with your favorite low cal toppings and slide back in til the cheese melts. You get to have the WHOLE thing for under 400 calories.
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    1. on light english muffins.
    2. on large portabella caps (bake a little first to rid them of excess water)
    3. on lefse (which is a norwegian "bread" that is VERY thin, made of potatoe, and low in calorie (if you can find it....we have it in Wisconsin)

Light on the sauce and cheese, heavy on the onion, green peppers, tomatoes.

For to go: Papa Murphys deLite with garlic sauce and ALL the veggies (onion, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, artichoke hearts,....mmmmm, mouth is watering right now! LOL)
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We do English Muffin pizzas at our house. Light muffins, reduced fat cheese, sauce in a squirt bottle so the kids can make their own & a selection of toppings. The nice thing about this is that while they are amazingly filling & delicious, since the surface area is on the small side, you can use less toppings but still have it taste decadent & calorie laden, without the guilt.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Pizza weakness here for sure. My nutritionist suggested making them on tortillas. I havent tried it yet but going to give it a shot. Gonna use a light sauce, roma tomatoes, may be bit of ground turkey browned and some bits and pieces of veggies. Here is a tortilla recipe I found online:

3/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/2 cup minced red onion
    1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
    1/4 cup minced sweet red pepper
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 teaspoons dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    4 flour tortillas (7 inches)

Directions

1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well. Place tortillas on greased baking sheets; spread with cheese mixture. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges.

Footnotes: Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat mozzarella and fat-free tortillas) equals 146 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 meat.