Anyone Else Feeling the COLD More since Losing?

Options
Hi,

I've lost 10-11lbs since a few weeks before Xmas, which is great, but I was bl**dy FREEZING outside today!!

Anyone else noticed this?? (I don;t have a massive amount left to loose, but probably a stone or so could come off).

Maybe I'll need to wear an extra layer to make up for the layer of body fat I've lost? (Also, prob only eating enough to burn fat, rather than keep warm).

Replies

• brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I keep my electric blanket turned on high all the time so I can climb into bed and get warm as needed. I am always cold now!
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I was 320lb I wore sleeveless shirts and shorts even during the winter, now I wear up to 3 layers and then put a coat on to go outside lol
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    YES!! I constantly have to wear a fleece now just to be comfy - and I live in PHOENIX, ARIZONA!

When I'm eating at my calorie goal, I'm always cold. No extra calories churning up heat!!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, no matter how much I weigh!!! I swear I should live in Florida instead of Pennsylvania!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • dreiley
    Options
    I have noticed that I freeze more too. I am usually a hot natured person and live in Tx, so even now it is in the 70's, I have been bundling up....lol
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    YES!! I constantly have to wear a fleece now just to be comfy - and I live in PHOENIX, ARIZONA!

When I'm eating at my calorie goal, I'm always cold. No extra calories churning up heat!!

I'm in sweatpants right now!!! AND in Phoenix LOL
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Haha, for me, it's more like I feel colder when I haven't eaten in a while. Yesterday, I didn't eat for like 6 hours, and I was freezing while wearing jeans and a sweater. Oh, did I mention I live in Hawaii? lol
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I've even been wearing PJs lately.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Yes!!
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I've lost 17kg since October, and have gone from being northernly resistant to constantly FREEZING. I felt a bit silly when my favorite Christmas present was thermal socks and underwear, but I was just so happy at the idea of being warm! (not sure if that is partly living in a student house where heating bills have to be kept to a minimum though)!

I just wear more clothes- doubling up on vests and socks- and layer up jumpers and cardis. At night I wear thermal PJS with normal thick ones on top, 2 pears of thermal socks and a vest, with a duvet and 2 blankets. Star jumps really warm you up- as do hot drinks!
  • Ritchiewoo
    Options
    Oh my god yes I was just saying this,I suppose its down to less 'blubber' x
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm cold alllllllllll the time!!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I freeze so easily! I actually am the worst right after I finish a good workout...give me about 5 minutes after a cooldown and I am frozen. But overall, my extremities like fingers and toes get it the worst and I can only shower or put on a heating pad, etc to warm them. layers of clothes don't seem to even help!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am COLD all. the. time. I drink hot green tea, diet cocoa, coffee, soup,etc just to keep warm!!! I've lost 25 ish pounds and think maybe I should gain it back so I'm not cold...NOT!!!1
  • ogmama12
    ogmama12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing! I just can't get warm without layers on! I only lost about 20 lbs, I didn't think it would make that much difference
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I started running....when I run, I feel good...but 5 minutes after I stop running, I'm freezing again!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! Yes! 58lb lighter and the difference is amazing. I used to be always warm, but now I'm ALWAYS cold! X
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am cold too, I live in a very cold place though too. The thing I've noticed is that it's not how much I weigh that makes me cold, it's how much I'm eating. If I have gone over my calories significantly, I am really warm (even at the same weight). If I am eating at a deficit I am very cold. I guess when my body is burning more calories it's nice and warm (and gaining weight!), but when I eat at maintenance or over, it stays much more comfortable. Makes me want to get to maintenance!
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid feeling the cold will always be a part of becoming smaller... But you get used to it, it's a small price to pay for your health.