Anyone Else Feeling the COLD More since Losing?

Options

Replies

• liesl78
    liesl78 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm always cold, no matter how much I weigh!!! I swear I should live in Florida instead of Pennsylvania!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Ditto. Except I live in the DC metro area
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It seems like I'm cold all the time now, but I guess its just a fact of life that we just have to get use to. I for one am perfectly fine with that :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Yes! You lose insulation so you feel colder. This is the one and only downside I have found to losing weight.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely. I lost 40 lb a few years back and it took a couple years for my body to balance itself out. I used to joke that I lost my "40 lb built-in sweater." :)
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt. I have lost 79lbs now, and most of it has happened since last winter. Even though I know it was incredibly cold where I live last winter, I can't remember being cold to the extent where I was uncomfortable/miserable. This year has been a completely different story, despite the fact that it is actually a lot warmer this year where I am, and I know that it's to do with my weight.

Luckily, I've learned how to warm myself up now. If I'm walking somewhere I'll power walk instead of strolling. If I'm in the house, I'll put on a fitness DVD and this will keep me nice and warm (even sweating sometimes) for around an hour after I do it. All good!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit always leaves me feeling cold, whatever weight I am.

It's rather a concern of mine right now because I'm about to spend February in Canada, and it's regularly getting down to -25 during the daytime. I may simply have to eat more to stay warm, fortunately I'm below maintenance weight right now, but it's not ideal.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    We have a treadmill at home. When I'm chilly, I get on it until I warm up. If I can drive off the cold with exercise, it means I'm burning calories (literally!). Then I add back layers one at a time until I'm chilly in a sweater under a throw blanket, and I get back on again and strip down to a t-shirt to exercise.

Feeling colder seems to be a pretty universal experience here.
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, but my hubby has noticed a difference (he's lost 22 pounds now, so proud of him), now he wants to snuggle a lot more where before he got too hot!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    YES. I seem to be acclimatising now though - the first two weeks I was freezing!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yup i'm wearing my forever lazy right now. Ive come to freakin love this thing.
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Soooo cold this winter! I used to go outside with a tshirt, I'd be cold but fine. I wish I could put the fat lost in a fat-sweatshirt to keep me warm!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    glad to see this! I thought I was crazy the other day! I kept adding layers of clothes and still couldn't seem to get warm. I even slept in long pj pants and socks last night!

After a good run on the treadmill I will come upstairs and literally shiver after about 5-10min. the only way to warm up is a nice hot bath and a cup of tea..snuggling by the fireplace!

All that shivering burns more cals too right??
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    YES!! :(
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Since I had the surgery (lap band) my blood pressure is down and my body temperature is also down. I live in the south and have been freezing, but it has been cold and rainy in Middle Tennessee.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Oh yes, used a blanket for the first time in AGES last night... Which is funny living in Phoenix, but hey...
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! At 200 pounds I was always hot. I live near Chicago and never owned a winter coat cuz I was too hot!! This winter I'm freezing!!! Time to buy a coat!!!! My family thinks it's funny because I now wear layers of clothes. I don't mind I'd rather be cold and healthy than hot and fat!!! :love:
  • Pmadsen04
    Options
    After my first major weight-loss and still now I cannot get warm to save my life. I live in Wisconsin so staying warm is pretty important. But my wife will tell you that my hands can be down right chilly.
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    Yep, that would be my situation!! At the restaurant today, I had to keep my coat on to keep warm!:drinker:

Joyful in the Journey,
    song2sing
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I certainly felt the cold more WHILE losing, but now I am maintaining I am fine.
  • jeclpi
    jeclpi Posts: 28
    Options
    Ah - but the upside is...think how lovely and cool we'll be in the summer - instead of sweating miserably! :wink: