Anyone Else Feeling the COLD More since Losing?

Options

Replies

• sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have really bad circulation, so my fat doesn't keep me warm - it doesn't heat up at all. It means I'm walking about inside a big layer of freezing fat, so even when I exercise I'm still cold. I have no climate control! I'll maybe be baking in the sun, but the second I sit under the shade of a tree I'm suddenly freezing.

I'm hoping losing weight will improve this :P I mean I won't have any extra insulation, but my insulation doesn't work anyway and actually makes matters worse xD
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Always cold.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Just coincidence I think.
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well I live in Maine so today was freezing anyway....but yeah, losing weight causes me to get colder easier. Usually I'm not cold until it's below zero lol But now I get cold at about 20 degrees F.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Definitely, I'm cold all the time, unless I'm exercising. And I live in San Francisco, CA, so it's not like I have to deal with weather extremes like people in other parts of the country do.

And I can't find thermals in my size--they're all too big!

So at work I drink coffee and green tea to keep warm :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Sure! It's a sign of success!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Less blubber, more shivers.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Since I live in FL, I don't really have this problem. But, I am saving on my electric bill. When in the 300's, I used to set the A/C on 73 degrees. Hubby would ask where the ice cream was. Now, I am comfortable at around 78. It has cut our electric bill by about 1/3. A nice benefit!
  • dragonladywendy
    Options
    Great post! :smile:

I lost 2 stone before winter officially set in, here in England and I was blumming FREEZING all day and all night.
    I have never had this problem before. Husband always said I had my own internal radiator as I was regularly warm/hot, day or night.
    To be able to cope and not be miserable, I wear up to 4 layers, top and bottom and walk as fast as possible - it has taken a good three months to acclimatise and am now down to 3 layers top and 2 bottom!
    A friend of mine has said that by winter 2012 I should be able to cope as before - here's hoping :bigsmile:
  • mcrae006
    mcrae006 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, I thought it was just me. I guess since I've lost, I'm feeling the cold breeze now. The fat was keeping me warm!!! LOL
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    I sure do! I am 53 and still waiting for the dang Hot Flashes everyone keeps telling me about! I get the most cold in the summer and go into a restraunt with air conditioning. FREEZE!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm always shivering, especially my hands. But I just bundle up more these days :p
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I have definetly noticed a big difference. But its a good thing.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't the fat keeping me warm, it was the food. Now I'm below target weight, I've noticed that on days when I eat at maintenance, I'm nowhere near as cold.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I experienced that feeling of coldness too, years ago when I lost 90 pounds. I don't remember if this proved to be a summer advantage though. Anyone able to comment on that?
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, no matter how much I weigh!!! I swear I should live in Florida instead of Pennsylvania!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Oh, man. I bet Pennsylvania is a nightmare this time of year!
  • kfunkyfresh
    kfunkyfresh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I especially find my fingertips & toes... it's annoying. I take more hot baths & hot showers to try & get the chill out.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yeah. Same here, i am always cold. I am down from 108kg to 95kg.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I've always gotten cold easily, but it definitely seems to be more noticeable now that I am losing weight.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    dear lord YES. i am always cold.