Anyone interested in a Wii Active Challenge?

Options

Replies

• emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    How do you want us to check in? Should we post our weight, calories, etc here or send you a personal message on Mondays?
    My start weight is 210.8.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Lol, oh yea, my start weight is 180 :laugh:

Do you guys want to make it a Wed check in weight? That way it will give us a few days to work off the weekend (lol, ok, so I have gone on a binge on the weekend occasionally) ....? So....have everyone's start weight by Wednesday? You can either post it or pm me...whichever you prefer.

Suzanne, great job!!! 5am is soooo early!!!

Chica, that's fine...it's 20 workouts in 30 days so there's plenty of time. And it's not exact...we're just aiming to support and motivate each other. We'll be glad to have you.

Emmie...lol, I wish I had started out at the easy level. Ohh, I'm sore!

Now that's scary!! You were posting answers to my questions as I was typing my post. I like Wednesday check in day MUCH better.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    How do you want us to check in? Should we post our weight, calories, etc here or send you a personal message on Mondays?
    My start weight is 210.8.

Either one is fine. You can pm me or post it. Personally, I would post your workout and calories burned....then pm your weight once a week.
  • annaliza
    Options
    Lol, oh yea, my start weight is 180 :laugh:

Do you guys want to make it a Wed check in weight? That way it will give us a few days to work off the weekend (lol, ok, so I have gone on a binge on the weekend occasionally) ....? So....have everyone's start weight by Wednesday? You can either post it or pm me...whichever you prefer.

Suzanne, great job!!! 5am is soooo early!!!

Chica, that's fine...it's 20 workouts in 30 days so there's plenty of time. And it's not exact...we're just aiming to support and motivate each other. We'll be glad to have you.

Emmie...lol, I wish I had started out at the easy level. Ohh, I'm sore!

Now that's scary!! You were posting answers to my questions as I was typing my post. I like Wednesday check in day MUCH better.

LOL!!!
  • annaliza
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!

No workout for me today as it is a scheduled rest day for me. I'll be working on workout 2 tomorrow and look forward to it.

I'm still kind of sore today so I'm grateful for the rest day. Next time I am trying the workout on medium intensity rather than high lol
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Good Morning Wii Team,

I started the challenge yesterday and started out on level one (low intensity). Quite a workout. Had a few problems getting my controller to work but overall I enjoyed the workout tremendously. The variety of exercises is great. I really liked the inline skating segment. Too much fun and makes working out something to look forward to.

How did everyone else do on their 1st day?

Keep up the good work ladies (and gents if we have any)!!!
  • queen3510
    Options
    Question?

How do we track the workout in the exercise log for MFP? Thanks!
  • SuzanneM
    SuzanneM Posts: 9
    Options
    Just add "Wii Active" and add in the calories burned...

I havent looked at mine, but hoping its a REST day...I am SoRe!!!:sad:
  • annaliza
    Options
    I add it under strength training and just put in my calories. I use my HRM and have noticed that I burn more calories than the Active list...but it's not that far off.

Suzanne, I just made it a rest day for me :laugh: (it's a normal one for me anyways) Active will let you work every single day of the whole challege all in a row - lol, I'm not asking for that kind of pain!! If you don't do anything today, it will just put "rest day" on your calendar tomorrow...

Good luck with thier workouts, everyone!!
  • queen3510
    Options
    Thanks Anna and Suzzane!

:smile:
  • queen3510
    Options
    Good Morning Wii Team

weigh in: 166.5

Did day 2 on the 30 day challenge last night and what a great workout. The suspense of not knowing what exercises will be performed that day makes it really exciting for me. Still having problems with my controller though on the bicep curls. Any tips on which way the controller should be facing when doing the curls would be appreciated.

Hope you all had a great workout!
  • annaliza
    Options
    Good Morning Wii Team (thanks, queen, for that title, I like it!)!!

I haven't done day 2 yet today, will do that tonight. I usually run in the evenings and do my strength training in the mornings, but today I switched it around (and did my run this morning). Can't wait to get on it and see what the new exercise is. I agree with queen...the suspense makes it exciting.

I have trouble with the bicep curls as well. I know that you should have the two tips (on your remote and nunchuck) facing each other at the top of the curl. The Wii is pretty picky about that and doesnt work for me if I don't have them facing each other just right. Also, I use a wireless remote and notice that it gets worse when I need to recharge it. I would look at the way you are holding your nunchuck. If I don't have it just right the bicep curls don't work as well.

Today my weight was 179.

Good luck on everyone's workout today!!!!
  • queen3510
    Options
    Thanks Anna for that advice. I'll try it tonight. Today is my rest day according to the calendar so I'll probably do the Wii fit so I can keep up my appearances there :laugh:

Oh, and I'm hooked on the bowling from the Wii Sport!!!

Be blessed everyone and keep up the good work.
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    before you get your hands into "curl position" grip the controller like this:
    Wii-Remote-and-Nunchucks.jpg

note that the nunchuck is positioned so your thumb goes along the curve of the top so it can access the thumb stick (my wife has the hardest time holding the nunchuck correctly). Then, once correct, turn your hands so they are palm up. This is the position i use when i do the bicep curls and it hasn't missed a single one yet.
  • queen3510
    Options
    Hey Fausttt,

I couldn't see your example. I'm having problems with the controller in the right hand. It doesn't log my movement. I turn it every which way and it catches sometimes and sometimes it don't. I'll just keep practicing until I get it right. Thanks for your help.
  • queen3510
    Options
    Yesterday was my rest day but I did the Wii Fit and I must say my balance is way out of wack. How many calories can you burn from laughing?

Here's wishing everyone a blessed day today and a successful journey in this challenge.
  • annaliza
    Options
    Queen, they say that laughter is the best medicine. And I read somewhere that laughing burns a good bit of calories. I heard that 10 to 15 minutes of laughter could increase energy expenditure by 10 to 40 calories per day, which could translate into about four pounds a year. Hey, I'll take that!

Also, my balance always seems to be out of whack on the balance board.

Ok, I missed my workout yesterday. Darn husband and taking me and the kids to the movies! (we saw UP in 3d).

So...I gotta be on track tonight and get it done! LOL, now I'm going to have to workout for several days straight to make it up.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    so i finally got my game in the mail tonight and did my first workout and absolutly loved it!!!! i burned alot more calories then the game said though. i burned 341 calories on my heart rate monitor and only 190 something on the active game.
    btw im starting this game at the weight 215.8
    cant wait to see what i weight in 30 days. whats our challange for the week anyway?
  • queen3510
    Options
    Hey Wii Team

Day 4 complete. Great workout. Learned that I'm not good at tennis. Rated couch potato status. LOL

How is every one doing?
  • SuzanneM
    SuzanneM Posts: 9
    Options
    Ack! I totally blew it! Monday was greAt, but tuesday my BF showed up unexpectedly right after i strapped on the leg gear on tuesday, so i didnt get that one in...(he did though, wanted to see how it worked)

I wont even go into wednesday...

I want a do-over......

:(