Options

Replies

• godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    ALLONS-Y!

Love Doctor Who! The TARDIS is actually my iPhone case :3

15dkwuh.jpg

PS - Feel free to add me by the way! The more the merrier.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Did any of you see the Tom Baker episode where he somehow manages to sneak away a crucial piece of technology from an alien craft by trailing his scarf along the ground?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite lines:

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” (classic - I say this to my daughter all the time)
    "I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it.” (can certainly explain our present status)
    "Your arrogance is nearly as great as your ignorance" (can be used to describe sooooo many people)
    "I know what I need! I need... I need... I need... fish fingers and custard!" (who doesn't need fish fingers and custard?)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Oh, and "You're Scottish. Fry something."
  • purseus
    purseus Posts: 54
    Options
    bow ties are cool
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Shakes head. You're all so young. I've been a Dr Who fan since Dr number 3, I'm that old.:laugh:

I thought this years Chrismas special was a bit................meh. Last years was far better, floating fish & all.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Shakes head. You're all so young. I've been a Dr Who fan since Dr number 3, I'm that old.:laugh:

I thought this years Chrismas special was a bit................meh. Last years was far better, floating fish & all.

This year definitely pales in comparison to last year! I loved the fish.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    @lyssa - they will very soon!!! this year is DW's 50th anniversary (can you imagine??) and they are planning a special with past doctors. I am so so so excited. you can find the trailer online. it's awesome.

You'll have to wait a little longer I'm afraid, show started in Nov 1963 - so the 50th anniversary will be in 2013 :grumble:

Multi Doctor stories are traditional for these sort of landmarks, but I'm sure Steven Moffat will revel in putting a twist on that just to break the mould somewhat from previous stories. Most of the surviving Docs, pre-2005, are considerabley older than their last appearences in the role so don't know how that'd be squared. Paul McGann is still close to his No 8 portrayal, and I'd love to see him get another crack at it. Apart from David Tennant, I think McGann is the only actor to nail the role from first scene.

Should be great though, I suspect one of the reasons for a late start screening the 2012 series is for filiming to include some of the content of 2013, which is supposed to be a bumper year script wise.

(Btw - dislike the term 'Whovian'. It ws coined by the British tabloid press in the 70's when the word 'Trekkie' drifted over the Atlantic. Dr Who fans never liked it).
  • pepermin
    Options
    In response to the old Doctor Who episodes:
    Yes - the episodes are different and very good! Last summer we watched quite a few of the very first doctor and the second doctor. It was much more of a children's show. The doctor had a granddaughter. There was one in particular I really liked featuring the race that lives under the earth. It helped put the newest episode featuring them in perspective. I highly recommend them. Netflix has almost all of them, but only about half are instant watch, unfortunately, and we just downgraded our account.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Shakes head. You're all so young. I've been a Dr Who fan since Dr number 3, I'm that old.

I hear that a lot lol. My uncles 50 now.. or 50 something.. I honestly have no idea actually. When it comes to the age of my family, I'm usually off.. My mom's been 42 for 4 years.. :P
    I forgot what I was saying.. Oh right.
    He always talks about the old doctors.. followed by facts. Like the girl that played the doctor's cloned daughter, is actually a daughter of a doctor.. & is married w/ baby to the 10.. blah blah blah.
    (Btw - dislike the term 'Whovian'. It ws coined by the British tabloid press in the 70's when the word 'Trekkie' drifted over the Atlantic. Dr Who fans never liked it).
    Saying "Dr Who fans never liked it" means all Doctor Who fans. I know Doctor who fans that are older, & have cold themselves that for years. So obviously some don't mind the term. Just pointing that out.
    I personally think the word is fun. Haha.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Allons-y!

My first Doctor was 4 and I don't mind being a Trekkie or a Whovian.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Allons-y!
    OMG You're a little fat alien baby O:
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You know, we had a Doctor/Donna meta-crisis ( BTW, I LOVE Donna, she rocked the T.A.R.D.I.S!), and the writers were kind of sneaky keeping a Tennant copy in the alternate universe. Could it be that they did that in case Matt Smith wanted to go...He could somehow redirect his regenerative energy back into #10, and voila, heeeeees baaaaack! What a cool plot line, or is that just me daydreaming, lol?
  • _Sonia_
    _Sonia_ Posts: 40
    Options
    Another Whovian (and all around nerd/SF geek) checking in! :) Feel free to add me.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Sonia - I LOVE your progress bar!
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Found these while I was hunting for gif for this thread, and thought if anyone would appreciate them, you guys would. :smile:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79168443/any-3-doctor-who-poster-collection

I neeeeed these!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Allons-y!
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Me me me!

I knit my husband the 4th Doctor's scarf a few years ago -- he wears it every day in the winter. Baker was his first Doctor :) Of the current crop, he prefers Smith because his style is similar to Baker's.

I, on the other hand, will forever be a 10 girl. Swoon! If you haven't seen him in the BBC "Casanova" yet... well... he's *Casanova*, for all that entails. That was 2005, and Russell Davies was producing the series; he pretty much had Tennant play the same character in Doctor Who, right down to some of his lines. It is completely awesome :D Plus, as Casanova... he's far more unclothed than as the Doctor, if you know what I mean :)

David-as-Giacomo-Casanova-david-tennant-21924921-1000-968.jpg
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh that picture of Tennant. Perfect.

I love Doctor Who and while I like Rory and Amy, I actually really miss the Rose and 10 ship.
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh that picture of Tennant. Perfect.
    Do a Google image search for "david tennant casanova" and oh, revel in the results :D
    I love Doctor Who and while I like Rory and Amy, I actually really miss the Rose and 10 ship.
    Yeah, although it took me two watchings (of the series) to "get" why he fell for Rose, and Donna took two tries for me to appreciate her. I really liked Martha, though. And the one towards the end of the series where she gives him that *look* and Captain Jack says, "You, too?" That was wonderful on so many levels <3