almost 5 weeks in no results will take advice

Options
2»

Replies

• beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    sodium intake is overrated. i never pay attention to sodium and my weight loss has been constant for 15 weeks and im always WAAAAYYYY over what is recommended.

Maybe it varies person to person. I didn't start seeing a difference in weight and water weight till AFTER I started monitoring my sodium.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    sodium intake is overrated. i never pay attention to sodium and my weight loss has been constant for 15 weeks and im always WAAAAYYYY over what is recommended.

Maybe it varies person to person. I didn't start seeing a difference in weight and water weight till AFTER I started monitoring my sodium.

except water weight is easily lost, you should be focused on fat loss, not scale weight or water weight
  • beautifulbeast11
    Options

except water weight is easily lost, you should be focused on fat loss, not scale weight or water weight

Yep, pretty sure I never said I wasn't focused on fat loss.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Processed foods = high sodium count

The best 'weight loss' foods are fresh. Your food should have expiration dates. If they don't, you shouldn't eat them.

You are mistaken, is there high sodium in flash frozen fruits and veggies? What about protein powder? What about milk?

I'm talking about canned fruits and veggies, frozen dinners, etc. I'm sorry, I should have clarified.

Not to argue but you can loose weight on processed foods. Maybe because I have so much to loose but my house had no processed food for many months prior to me starting MFP now I have protein shakes 2 times a day and many frozen meals when I need easy of course fruits and vegies that may be fresh or frozen just depends. And tracking calories has been the key I have lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks and my eating was NOTout to eat hamburgers and fries junk. I am not saying it is healthier now but loosing weight at my size is for sure healthier.
  • raylenebrooks
    Options
    ughh double post
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this was a post already but have you measured your arms,waist,thighs,neck for loss in inches? That maybe the reason your scales not budging. IDK good luck with your journey :happy:
  • beautifulbeast11
    Options

The best 'weight loss' foods are fresh. Your food should have expiration dates. If they don't, you shouldn't eat them.

You are mistaken, is there high sodium in flash frozen fruits and veggies? What about protein powder? What about milk?

I'm talking about canned fruits and veggies, frozen dinners, etc. I'm sorry, I should have clarified.

Not to argue but you can loose weight on processed foods. Maybe because I have so much to loose but my house had no processed food for many months prior to me starting MFP now I have protein shakes 2 times a day and many frozen meals when I need easy of course fruits and vegies that may be fresh or frozen just depends. And tracking calories has been the key I have lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks and my eating was NOTout to eat hamburgers and fries junk. I am not saying it is healthier now but loosing weight at my size is for sure healthier.

Again, maybe it's a person to person thing. I NEVER saw any improvement on frozen meals, I ended up starved and bloated an hour later. I DO however eat frozen veggies and fruit. I don't have the money nor the time to prepare anything else, and quite frankly chewing on raw broccoli is just... eck. And I don't know your 'size' but maybe these things are different between us. My whole system goes haywire on frozen meals, and the only time I've seen a noticeable difference (scale and measurements) is going as close to raw as I can.

Plus, it's late. I'm rambling, and there is no way I'm going to explain everything I mean on here. Pretty sure, despite any argument with what I've said, I'm going to stick with what my trainer says and what has worked for me.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Without the log, there isn't really a way to give good advice. You could underestimating your calorie intake, you could be killing yourself with P90X and not eating enough... too many variables.

My advice would be for you to start logging daily, trying to be as close to "true" as is possible. That alone might help you. Don't quit. GOOD LUCK!
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this was a post already but have you measured your arms,waist,thighs,neck for loss in inches? That maybe the reason your scales not budging. IDK good luck with your journey :happy:

Sorry didn't see where you had said you lost few inches. Also, try bumping up your exercise for a day or two you may be just in a plateau.
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    weigh in duing your recvery week you should se the scale move downward
  • raylenebrooks
    Options
    Cmarieleep pretty much saying the same I just was pointing out it isnt one way for everyone :) Protein seems to help me the most and of course counting everything I eat.

And back on topic like everyone said if you do not track you can not tell what the issue is. Good luck we all can succeed if we stick with it
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You cannot gain muscle when eating a caloric deficit.

If you are not losing weight, then you are not burning more calories than you are eating.
    Weigh and measure your food. Get a HRM to measure your calories burned.
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options

yeah, I was thinking sodium too...

Chipotle is a better choice than some, but you'd be amazed at the sodium content of their food. Feel free to correct me, but I heard that high-sodium levels = extra water retention?