I Am A Failure - Get Over It

Options

Replies

• Guatamellon
    Guatamellon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow I love this post. Perfect wording. Thats how I feel everyday but your right I am going to keep on trying and not give up. 250LBS freaking AWESOME!!!!
  • aallison0507
    Options
    Wow !! You are such an inspiration to all of us. Keep up the great work !! :happy:

13842054.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • zelzega
    Options
    I really love this post! This is the same mindset that I have, I may have setbacks, but everything will work out as long as I keep trying. I don't expect to drop the weight overnight, my goal is for the end of the year. Like you said, some days you're going to be bad, but as long as you're not bad ALL the time, it's not that big of a deal, eventually the cravings will change and the habits will change. There will be failures and there will be triumphs, it comes with the lifestyle.

2 years ago I got up to the speed of walking 3 mph comfortably, I'm working on making it 3.5 now. I think it's an achievement to be able to walk 3.0 comfortably (not everyone is tip-top shape after all!)

Every little perk is a big achievement in my eyes, and based on this post, you're chock full of them!

<3
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you are soooooooooooooo not a failure....
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Ride the wave of confidence. You have earned it. Be Strong, Be Persistent, Be Committed. Sharing your success is a beautiful thing!!
  • caehudson
    caehudson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! That was a great post. I think everyone has had the same feeling at some point in there weight loss journey. We all go through the ups and downs. As long as we can get back on track we are not failures.Our hard work and dedication will help us to become successful in reaching our ultimate goal. Good luck to everyone.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I've been having a "I just want to give up" day and reading inspirational posts puts things back into perspective. Great job on your amazing loss!
  • msminkee
    msminkee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing & inspirational. Very thought provoking and wise indeed.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    How could anyone look you in the face and say you're a failure? You're a down right inspiration! I loved your post :)
  • MzGreedii
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    What a great post. Congrats on your success! That truly is a wonderful success story and helps people like me who've always tended toward an all-or-nothing, perfectionistic... and ultimately sort of self-sabotaging mindset. Slow and steady (and patient) really is one way to "win" the race!
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    great post, you are awesome!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    It looks like we have a lot in common...you go girl!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You rock.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks for sharing.:smile:
  • 25kyla
    25kyla Posts: 7
    Options
    Amazing.....uve just put into words our everyday feelings, fab well worth the read xxxx
  • CaliSweden
    Options
    Amazing and congratulations on your weightloss! You're an inspiration!
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Many people might say I’m a failure.

I buy every new workout DVD that hits the market. I rarely complete them more than twice in a row. But sometimes… I randomly put one in and do it. Sometimes I do one for 20 minutes, watch for 20 minutes, then do the cool down. Sometimes I fast forward through the hard parts.

I jump on the bandwagon for every new fitness craze. (30 Day Shred, p90x, Turbo Fire, Bootcamp). I never do the entire, prescribed program. But sometimes… I will put in a good effort for a day, then skip and put in a good effort on some other program. For the most part, I just like to walk.

I’ve tried every diet trick you can imagine. I've found bunches that don't work. I’ve discovered simply eating healthfully more often than not works pretty well.

I’ve tried to climb lots of mountains. I’ve given up on more than a few. Sometimes, I start up one, and have to keep trying to go just a bit higher each day. It may take me 3 months to get to the top, trying little bits at a time. Maybe I’ll get there, maybe I won’t.

Some weeks, I’m off track. Some days, I’m WAY off track. Most days, I do pretty well. I wake up every morning and have to say to myself, “TODAY I will make smart choices.”

Today, I ate a bag of veggie chips. I did not eat THREE bags of veggie chips. I *almost* ate 2. I actually got the 2nd bag out, sat down.. then put it away and got a stick of string cheese instead.

Sometimes, I eat 4 times my sodium level. Many days, I eat under my sodium goal.

I can’t run a mile in under 15 minutes. But I can walk 3 miles in an hour. Comfortably. Without paying for it the next day.

I weighed over 500 pounds for many years. I’ll weigh less than that for many more.

Some people would say I’m a failure.

I say I’ve lost 250 pounds. Sometimes I fail, but I keep trying. Sometimes I fall, but I get up. Sometimes I’m so far off track, I doubt I can ever get back. But I do.

So – for all those people who think this journey is long… it is.

For those who feel defeated and like they’ve lost their way… it’s never too late.

For those who believe you have to be perfect to have success… you’re wrong. ☺

I will have to read this over and over and over. What a wonderful reminder that it's the sticking with it that works, not doing it perfectly. Thank you!
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie...I totally choked up when I read that...it's kind of what I needed to read today. I need to read it every time I feel bad for not being perfect on a particular day. Excellent.
  • beeceezee
    beeceezee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    that was a beautiful post & i dont think you're a failure at all!!! it's not about how many times you fall down, it's about how many times you get back up!!

Love this post and love this comment!!
    Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!