Protein powder recipes, please!

Options

Replies

• superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun is soooo delicious just mixed with milk but I have to say a lot of these
    Recipes sound delicious. Can't wait to try some :)
  • polly_polly
    polly_polly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Agirl329
    Options
    I use a chocolate protein powder, ice, water and blend it with a table spoon of instant coffee instead of having iced coffee in the morning. I also like to put in a table spoon of peanut butter and 1/2 a banana with some icecubes for an mid afternoon snack. I use my drink blender always for this. With Vanilla protein powder I like to mix it with fruits and a little yogurt for a smoothie mid morning or mid afternoon.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Protein waffles!
  • ravikrishna
    ravikrishna Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Adding more and more stuff to Protein powder will eventually increase the overall calories that you intake.

So, usually I try alternatively mixing Protein powder with Water or Soya Milk which doesnt add more extra calories.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I use coconut milk, almond butter, chocolate whey, raspberries, vanilla extract and some splenda..mmm!
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I mix one scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup Almond Milk, 1/2 Sunny D, and some ice in the blender. Taste like and dream-cicle.
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon a nice little website

http://www.proteinpowderrecipes.com/

haven't looked around but I figure it will have some stuff lol
  • KrzyRiver
    KrzyRiver Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usually use it as a meal replacement, so if you don't mind the extra calories, this is the recipe I use everyday.

Pumpkin Protein Shake:

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
    1 cup skim milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
    1/4 cup Cool Whip (or NSA Vanilla yogurt)
    1 cup ice cubes
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    http://samishealthy.tumblr.com/post/12966626039/mini-protein-breakfast-cake-chocolate-peanut
    I usually just do a half scoop of protein powder, 1T cocoa powder, 3T egg whites, 1T milk, and a mashed banana. It's soo yummy!!

Yumm, this sounds delish.

I use chocolate peanut butter protein powder 1 scoop with a tablespoon of peanut butter, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup non fat milk, and ice. I love this in the morning and keeps me satisfied till lunch.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I usually use it as a meal replacement, so if you don't mind the extra calories, this is the recipe I use everyday.

Pumpkin Protein Shake:

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
    1 cup skim milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
    1/4 cup Cool Whip (or NSA Vanilla yogurt)
    1 cup ice cubes

That sounds fabulous I love pumpkin
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking protein powder drinks in the morning on days that I have to work double. I know Im going to miss my dinner....and so I dont mind the extra calories added. It is very good! But, by adding a whole banana....that adds an extra 100 calories....etc. Anyway, this is the drink .....very good and keeps me full for for 5-6 hours!

PRotein Shake
    1 whole banana
    2 T. oatmeal
    1 T. Peanut Butter
    1 scoop of Chocolate whey protein (I use Body Fortress)
    1/4 cup lite plain yogurt
    1/2 cup of skim milk or fat free
    1 cup of ICE!
    Put in blender....and yummo! Just realize the calories are close to 500! IF you work out .....that probably isnt a problem though. Im liking the other recipes others are posting!!!! : ) Im going to try some of them out as well!!! Thanks for posting! : )
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OH yea....that IS a meal replacement for me! : )
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have two standard smoothies I make with my protein powder; just blend 'em up and enjoy!

1) 1 scoop powder, 1 medium banana, 4 large strawberries, 0.25 cup frozen blueberries, and 1 cup light vanilla soymilk

2) 1 scoop powder, 1 medium banana, 2 tbsp.natural peanut butter, 1 cup light chocolate soymilk, 3-4 ice cubes
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    add a little water to your protein powder, freeze it -- yum!!
    you can also make brownies with protein powder, and I made pumpkin spice muffins with protein powder over the holidays!
    Also, I'm thinking you could make hot chocolate with protein powder but I haven't put it to the test yet.

My normal smoothie is....
    1 scoop protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
    some dry instant coffee
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    cinnamon.... YUM

or try this.
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1/8-1/4 frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
    1 cup silk unsweetened almond milk
    DElish!!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! I don't think I've read one recipe yet that doesn't appeal to me. I love smoothies - I also use them as a meal replacement generally. My fave in the morning on a day I know I can handle the extra calories:

1 cup OJ (I like with pulp)
    1/3 c +/- frozen raspberries
    1 banana
    1 scoop whey protein - I use Whey Gourmet Vanilla Ice cream flavor

Cal count: ~ 120 for oj, 105 for banana, 20-25 for raspberries, 120 for the pwd = 365 -370 cal
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump

(yall's ideas are brilliant!)
  • hooty006
    hooty006 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    8 oz orange powerade and one scoop of vanilla whey protein..taste like orange cremcicle