Food Diary - Private or Public?

Options

Replies

• mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    It's food, not my private thoughts. Therefore, mine is public. It also keeps me accountable as I know others may be looking at it.
  • aimeercole
    Options
    I had it said to "friends only" at first... But I often pre-log my calories for the next day, and I didn't want people thinking I was eating the next day's food at midnight, so I just made mine private for now. LOL
    Ha! I never thought of that. Mine is set to friends only, but I pre-log mine a day out. I hope people don't think I am eating a day in advance! haha.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Public! It helps me to know that if i eat a whole bag of chips... someone is gonna see.
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    Mine is set to Public. I think that what I'm doing at this point is good and I would like others to see what I'm eating. I have had many years of good and (bad) eating habits. I know what it takes to make the work pay off... it's applying those rules that takes hard work and dedication.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Mine is public :)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Mine's set to friends only otherwise I ind that you post on here and get people looking and giving advice that you didn't ask for nor want.

agreed ...that is why mine is set to friends only
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Mine is public. Just because I don't really care who sees what I'm eating. Also, makes it easier if you ask for help on the forums.

agreed... I recently switched mine to public for that reason as well
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only. It hols me accountable to my friends, but doesn't put me out there for random criticism by strangers.
  • mirrim666
    Options
    Mine is public. I know I'm eating well, so it might help someone else who is looking for ideas. Also I don' t mind constructive criticism :)

This.
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. I'm a pre-planner. I sit w/morning coffee and entre all that I plan on having for the day including snacks. If I need to change coz to much cal I'll know before it hits my lips. I recently started the public thing coz I needed accountablity too!:flowerforyou:
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Public. Call me out on my bad choices or send me suggestions!!!

Same here!

I'm also celiac (gluten free) and let people know that if they need ideas to just look at my diary and see what I'm eating. I'd love to help others if I can. Also helps to keep me accountable as I lead by example :)
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only. It hols me accountable to my friends, but doesn't put me out there for random criticism by strangers.

THIS!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Friends only. I love having the support from my MFP friends. It's awesome. Never thought about Public. Wouldn't matter to me... something to try I guess.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Mine is locked with a code that I've given to one of my friends and to another MFP member who wanted to see a gluten-free diary. I use the note section to record the adventures of my GI tract, and I'm pretty sure that would be TMI for the average MFPer!
  • rebecca_chess
    rebecca_chess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Public but would change it to friends only if I were receiving nasty comments by someone not on my friend list. "Open food diary" is one way to mentally hold myself accountable for what I eat. I also like looking at other's as well because if they are eating something that sounds yummy I can ask for the recipe and have something new!!! :smile:
  • MamaLuvsDJ
    Options
    I have it set to Public, I really don't care who sees it. I am looking for support, but with that I understand that people will always add their 2 cents. I usually brush off comments that don't suit me too well. Or just take it as constructive criticism. It all depends how you take things. So far....yes I have had people want to say something about the way I eat...but I know in the end they probably say it because they want the best for me and that is their way of being supportive.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Mine's public and as far as I can remember, it has always been.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is the age old MFP question. It comes down to your personality and motivation.

If having your diary public and knowing that people will comment on your diary motivates you into eating healthier, do it.

If having an open food diary will cause you to NOT log, then definitely don't do it.

If you want others to help tweak your menu, do it because THEY WILL:-)
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    Set it to public it's just food, come on now really, what's there to hide about food? You can look at other people log and maybe see something on the log that might help you out and the same goes for them......smh my log has always been open and will never change.
  • JulesKilvo
    JulesKilvo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Friends only - I get a lot of support and guidance off the people on my friends list and they keep me accountable :-)