How do you handle days when you have little to no energy?

Options
13»

Replies

• ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough iron and b-vitamins? Something to think about as far as zapped energy. I mean along with the bad sleep...
    Working out will help with that. Try some melatonin, a soothing shower, or some guided meditation?

I know recently my iron was a TEENY TINY bit low...I mean they wouldn't let me give blood because it was like point something off. Very close. So, I dunno if maybe that's contributing.

I just miss when I was young...I had sooooooooo much energy! I mean it was crazy the amount of energy I had, and now I feel like I can barely function at times. I hate feeling this way (when I do cause it's not ALWAYS, but it is fairly often) I mean it causes me to feel physically and mentally drained. :(
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Working out...not an option. If you are fueling your body properly and working out, it should help sleeping issues. I sleep so much better when I have a good workout. BUT, make sure not to workout a couple hours before you are supposed to be going to sleep, that will cause you to stay awake.

It has the opposite effect on me. It makes me sleepy and I sleep like a baby.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I usually just force myself to go and afterwards I usually feel better and glad that I did go.
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just Do It!

Don't talk yourself out of it, don't use it as an excuse, get up and move! Once you stop mind-f***ing yourself out of exercising, it's much easier.
  • JansterL
    JansterL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    First.... Why do you have trouble sleeping? Is there something preventing you from falling asleep OR is there something preventing you from getting a good deep sleep?
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If you are able, have your doctor check out your energy issues. Test blood for iron levels, b12 levels, vitamin D levels, and maybe test your thyroid. But the exercise will definitely help. Increase leafy greens and as much whole foods as possible, and take a multivitamin. I have fibromyalgia and struggle with fatigue issues. All those things helped me, but staying on my exercise helped the most. Hard at first, but love it now. And I do sleep better in the end also.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!