what types of healthy burgers do you make?

Options
13»

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    bump, great ideas
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I use bison. It's much leaner than beef. I prefer the taste actually.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    The Official Abs Diet Burger (Powerfoods: 5)

1 egg

1 pound lean ground beef

1/2 cup oats

1/3 cup diced onion

1/2 cup chopped spinach

2 tablespoons reduced-fat shredded Mexican-blend cheese

Salt and pepper

In a large bowl, whisk egg. Add everything else, mixing it--your hands are the best tool--until well blended. Form into four patties. Place burgers in a grill pan or nonstick skillet that's heated over medium-high. Cook 6 minutes per side or to desired level of doneness.

Serves 4 (Wrap any extra burgers in plastic and freeze them for later.)

Per serving: 263 calories, 27 g protein, 8 g carbohydrates, 13 g fat (5 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 416 mg sodium
  • rosssport
    rosssport Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee makes 80 cal buns
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Homemad black bean burgers with green chiles. Only 90 cal for 1 burger!
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lean Ground Turkey filled with roasted red peppers and just a tad of mozzarella...grilled...yum.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I like to take a turkey burger from Costco, grill it in my George Foreman. Then take some light Asian Ginger Garlic salad dressing and make a reduction of it, and drizze that over the turkey burger, with a slice of gouda and spinach on an onion chiabatta roll
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big hamburger fan, but if I had to eat a burger, it has to be made from 100% grassfed ground beef. It's a lot less fatty and it has the good nutrients (omega-3) that my body needs. It doesn't have the ammonia that nasty grocery store hamburger meat comes with.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Rachel Ray has a couple DELICIOUS turkey burger recipes:

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/rachael-ray-burger-recipes/apple-cheddar-turkey-burgers

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/buffalo-turkey-burgers-blue-cheese-gravy-chili-fries/

They are both EXCELLENT --especially the buffalo turkey burger. My beef-loving fiance raved about these! And I made the chili fries with sweet potatoes instead and he asked for it to be a regular in our meal rotation!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I use either lean ground beef or lean ground turkey. My grocery never seems to have lean ground chicken. I use whole grain buns or sandwich thins and 2% milk cheese and whatever toppings suits my mood.

I also make "burgers" using a portabella cap instead of meat. These are declicious with grilled onions and horseradish mustard.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe from the food network for turkey burgers

Ingredients
    For Maple-Dijon Sauce:
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons real maple syrup
    For Burgers:
    1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
    1/4 cup real bacon bits
    1/2 cup chunky applesauce
    1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
    2 tablespoons real maple syrup
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    Hamburger Buns
    Hamburger condiments
    Directions
    Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.

For Maple-Dijon Sauce: In a small bowl, stir to combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons maple syrup; set aside.

For Turkey Burgers: In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients for burgers. Wet hands to prevent sticking and shape into 4 patties.

Place burgers on hot oiled grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until done.

Serve on buns with traditional burger condiments and a dollop of maple-Dijon sauce.

Note - Indoor: Prepare burgers as directed. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot add burgers and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side or until done.

They are amazing!!

I entered all the stuff in here and the burger is only 13g of carbs, low fat, and only 277 calories with the bun
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Bison Burger!!! High in protein and LOW in sodium.

1 "Great Range" Bison Pattie - (found in freezer section at Whole Foods)
    1 Strip Jennie-O Turkey Bacon
    .5 oz. Crumbled Goat Cheese
    1 tsp Horseradish Mustard
    1 tsp Ketchup (Heinz - No Salt Added kind)

I eat this with no bun and add lettuce and tomato every once in a while.

TOTAL: 260 calories, 25 protein, 15 fat, 6 carbs, 425 sodium