What do you give your man for Valentine's?

Options

Replies

• luckybunny84
    Options
    This year he is going to be in Vegas with his buddies and us women will be hanging out cooking and getting our nails done and the such. As for a gift I am trying to find him a tie he likes but he is hard to buy for.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Six years ago (Valentine's Day 2006), I gave him our daughter. She's the gift that keeps on giving... that's all he gets. LOL
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    To paraphrase Castle: Get him something he indicated he wanted when he didn't know you were listening. :)
  • whatthefitz
    Options
    We keep it easy...one year as a joke I got us matching footie pajamas! This year I'm making him a venison steak dinner and crocheting something nerdy. And doing other things wink wink.
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    One year I filled our bedroom with red and white baloons with reasons why I love him in each one, than took paper hearts and wrote I love you in 50 languages all over the room, wrote him a poem and gave him some silky boxers...

Another year I put hershey kisses over every square inch of the floor except a path leading to the bed which had rose petals on it and made a sign that said "I KISS the ground you walk on!" (So corny and cute!) Gave him a fog machine that year b/c he'd really been wanting one.

Last year I rented a hotel room the night before and decorated it, than early the next morning pretended to go to work and had him meet me there since he was off work that day too, and we spent the whole day alone without the kids having some much needed adult time, ordered in lunch. Gave him some silk ties and fuzzy handcuffs! ;)

This year I am giving him a "Date of the Month" package... which is a manilla envelope for each month that I've hand decorated, and inside each one will be a different gift certificate for dates we will do together one night each month such as a concert one month, ziplining another month, etc... I hope he will like it, I have put a lot of thought into picking out stuff I think he'd enjoy! :)

We celebrate 10 years this June and are still as in love as ever :):heart:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    This year? I have no clue yet... I better start thinking. :ohwell:

I think I'll probably end up cooking him a nice dinner though, give him a back massage with body oil, and all that jazz... :laugh:
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Gonna make him some lasagna and have a nice candle bistro dinner out on our deck (provided it's not too cold) and if I'm down a few sizes maybe something sexy for dessert =D
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Show up naked.......
    Bring beer

Haha that would please my man. lol and he ALWAYS wants a big piece of unsliced biltong (similar to jerky but a whole piece).
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    We always go ice fishing every Valentine's (or the weekend near it) rent a heated hut, It's so much fun!

But this Canadian winter has been strangely mild.....so unless we have a deep freeze soon there will be no ice to fish on :frown:

So I'm planning to make a Steak & Lobster dinner at home.....and cheesecake in my heart shaped springform pan! :heart:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Well...I always make his favorite Prime Rib dinner - very classy...
    He loves my Cherry Cheesecake - so dessert is now set... a few lit candles and a movie together on the couch, just spending time together....

My favorite color roses are peach - which were the first dozen of roses that he gave me 12 years ago... he always gives me a beautiful bouquet of them....

He always tells me he appreciates the romantic dinner I make for him with his favorites...

Sometimes 'simple' is just right.... and where we have an empty nest, simple is the best way to go!
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bf already knows what he's getting, because we decided my gift for Christmas was going to be our Valentines day celebration. He was just starting a job and needed clothing for it, so we just decided no to Christmas gifts (but I had already gotten him some). So he got tickets to a Leafs hockey game for Sundin's number retiring celebration (I may even wear blue, as I actually loathe the Leafs and can't actually wear a jersey). Also booked a hotel for the weekend in Toronto.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Can not post here :tongue:

and I know he'll be super happy about it :happy:
    Are you sure you'll be in the mood after the Giants wipe the floor with the Patriots again?
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I did hockey tickets last year . He really loved it.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My theory to men is you don't buy anything you wouldn't want thrown at your head.

Appliances, potted plants.....not good

Cut flowers, diamonds....don't hurt so much
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Another woman with you in the bedroom!! hey just being honest LOL
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Can not post here :tongue:

and I know he'll be super happy about it :happy:

^^^this! lol...i'd suggest some new lingerie and take him by surprise (could be before valentines day too) or you could wear the lingerie under your regular clothes and show him a little bit when you are out so he knows what's in store for him later...or take him by surprise when you are undressing and he sees that! ;)

Other than sexualness....maybe tickets to something he would enjoy doing and you could go with him, or if he likes a sports team maybe something to do with that, etc.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    cooking a fancy 3 course dinner, bottle of southern comfort and whatever he wants later :wink:
  • Skyoctober
    Skyoctober Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am getting a new nightie for him, making a good dinner (not too heavy, need energy for nookie) and a bottle of wine......

He wears a nightie???

Lmao!!
  • 13Natty
    13Natty Posts: 57
    Options
    an hour of total and complete silence....

If there's silence *you're doing it wrong*

lol love it hehehe the more noise the better ;-)
  • lil_ztar1989
    Options
    valentines day is just another money making date in the calendar.