Options
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    LOL loved it.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Strong bones, tendons, and muscles that also look and perform better; what woman would want that…?
    Simply put, a weight trained woman will look better, feel better, and be better prepared for life — always!

Someone clearly didn't bother reading the article or any comments in this thread.

Shocking.

I was thinking the same thing. :bigsmile:
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :laugh: nice,,,
  • bahaiyyih
    Options
    :tongue:
  • Jessie_Dawn
    Options
    can't read it yet, but based on the comments, I want to! :)
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Lol, I went into this thread - planning to verbally punch the poster.. but then it ended up being pretty friggin hilarious! Thanks man! :D Nothing like a good giggle in the AM.

I thought the same thing !! This was a great article I bookmarked it :-)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha! Hilarious! Made my day- :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Love that, especially the bit about male egos.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    #5 is concerning... if Jar opening and carrying heavy things is taken off of the list of things I do what do I have left?

I'm not sure what you have left, but I can say that my husband has found ways to make himself useful...oh, and does housework too...
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I actually think some women do want to genuinely be 'model skinny' because they think its more attractive than being athletic and toned. I really don't understand why.

As a man, I don't understand that mentality either. It's pretty odd, men don't want runway model bony, scrawny women, yet women seem to insist on trying to go for that look. The only people who find runway model scrawny attractive are fashion designers, and that's just because putting a clothing rack with wheels on the runway is impractical. Models aren't skinny to be attractive, they are skinny because it's easier for a designer to show off clothes without having to worry about any of those pesky curves hiding something.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I actually think some women do want to genuinely be 'model skinny' because they think its more attractive than being athletic and toned. I really don't understand why.

As a man, I don't understand that mentality either. It's pretty odd, men don't want runway model bony, scrawny women, yet women seem to insist on trying to go for that look. The only people who find runway model scrawny attractive are fashion designers, and that's just because putting a clothing rack with wheels on the runway is impractical. Models aren't skinny to be attractive, they are skinny because it's easier for a designer to show off clothes without having to worry about any of those pesky curves hiding something.

I don't get it, either, but it's nothing new. Even in the 1950s, pretty much the golden age of hourglass curves, fashion models were rail thin. Check the hip bones jutting out in this one:

http://www.condenaststore.com/-sp/Vogue-September-1955-Prints_i8486201_.htm
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i read the title of this and was about to have a hissy fit like the other lady.. then i thought.. no i best read it.. and i absolutley LOVED it!!

cheered me right up!!

thank you!!:happy: :laugh:

Me the same. I hit it hard at the gym! :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

I don't get it, either, but it's nothing new. Even in the 1950s, pretty much the golden age of hourglass curves, fashion models were rail thin. Check the hip bones jutting out in this one:

http://www.condenaststore.com/-sp/Vogue-September-1955-Prints_i8486201_.htm

That's because it makes sense for a fashion model, like I say, they are essentially just walking clothing racks.
  • Freya7777
    Options
    Bwahahah! Love it, thanks for the laugh ;)
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    LOVE
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    love it lol :)
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...love this!