I'm afraid when I lose weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Im afraid of not liking who I will see. I liked how my face looked even if it had too much fat. Already Ive gained a second dimply- no longer making me as unique and gained a dimple in my chin. Also Im afraid of bones sticking out. I think that is so ugly. Im looking forward to my new shape though. I've seen glimpses of it and like it :) lol
    ah well shall simply have to adjust.
    Kimmy
  • kokkovirsi
    Options
    looose skin :sad:

This! Which is why I am trying to get into lifting.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    For all those concerned with buying new clothes a thought would be to try your local thrift and consignment shops for transitional clothing. Some people will change sizes multiple times until you reach your goal weight. So thrift shopping is pretty convient and most places will even give you trade offs for your old clothes that are now to big!

Hope that helps!
    good luck on your journies!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll have to go the surgical route to get my chest to shrink with the rest of me... 6 years ago I lost 125 lbs and my chest GREW 2 cup sizes!! While that sounds cool and all, it's uncomfortable and at this point I don't think I could find a bra in a 28DDDD LOL (not to mention the freaking things get in the way...)

not to worry--as you get older you will probably find that they shrink more when you lose weight instead of grown. Seems like that's the first place I shrink, unfortunately. Used to have a much bigger "rack" but now I console myself with knowing they are more in proportion to my body size.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll have too much loose skin. I have some now, but I am not doing a lot of strength training yet. I'm hoping that once I do, I'll tone up more and not be so saggy. I also think my face is starting to look older...
  • a_robinson86
    a_robinson86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As I've had 2 boys, I'm worried that when my stomach isn't so big I'll be left with the saggy baby pouch! Not only that but stretch marks, I don't even like the ones I have left over from my pregnancies! I'm hoping that if I lose weight slow but steady it might give my skin a chance to catch up, I guess I'll have to wait and see! :ohwell:
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll get attention. I'm super friendly and outgoing, but I feel so uncomfortable when people compliment me--especially men. I'm kinda awkward that way. :( Last time I lost weight I got hit on a few times and even though twice it was by men who looked vaguely like Santa (smily, chunky, white hair) I felt so ridiculous and unsure of what was happening. I don't know how I ever got married.
  • JenGrape
    JenGrape Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll get attention. I'm super friendly and outgoing, but I feel so uncomfortable when people compliment me--especially men. I'm kinda awkward that way. :( Last time I lost weight I got hit on a few times and even though twice it was by men who looked vaguely like Santa (smily, chunky, white hair) I felt so ridiculous and unsure of what was happening. I don't know how I ever got married.

I know the feeling! Since I've lost 92 lbs I have been hit on several times and it's a bit uncomfortable. I've been married 18+ years and that's a new thing... I'm not sure How I got married either! LOL --- I'm really shy and easily embarassed with stuff like that!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

I know the feeling! Since I've lost 92 lbs I have been hit on several times and it's a bit uncomfortable. I've been married 18+ years and that's a new thing... I'm not sure How I got married either! LOL --- I'm really shy and easily embarassed with stuff like that!

I think when you've been married for a long time, you sort of forget how to flirt and how to appreciate men (or women) flirting with you. I know that there's a nice looking man at the gym who has been trying to flirt with me for months and I always freeze up and feel like I'm 14 all over again! LOL

That's my fear. That now that I am attractive, men will flirt with me and I'll act like a total dork!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That I'll start to look my age! I've always been told I look a lot younger than I am (41). Someone I know just lost nearly 40 pounds after starting at my starting weight and although her body looks great, her face has aged. Having said this. most people who post success photos on here look amazingly younger, but I think that could be because people often start wearing more fashionable clothes and have more confidence.

Same for me! I'm 39, hubby is 40 and right now everyone I meet says he's robbing the cradle. I also get asked if my girls (18 & 21) are my sisters because we look alike. I'm a little worried that the "fat" is filling wrinkles and when it's gone I'll look a lot older!
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am worried about everything...Lose skin...having to have the lose skin tightened...not being happy with what I have accomplished...gaining the weight back...saggy boobs...looking older...but at least I will be healthier...
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I worry about excess skin around my belly and muffin top area, that in tandem with the stretch marks I got from being fat and being prone to get stretch marks all my life (I had stretch marks on my knees when I was nine, then puberty I got them in every girly part, then lifting heavy I got them on my biceps... ) those normal ones on top of my "FAT" ones are NOT going to be pretty!

My boobs already shrank and I already don't have much clothes that fit anymore (luckily my stingy butt never got rid of most of my smaller clothes!).

Its okay, really my BIGGEST WORRY is that I wont be able to bench nearly as much. I currently bench around 250lbs and know that will be really hard to maintain 50lbs smaller :/
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Exactly this! I've had 2 girls and right now my stomach appears okay but not as small & toned as I'd like.. I'm afraid of the saggy baby pouch :(

As I've had 2 boys, I'm worried that when my stomach isn't so big I'll be left with the saggy baby pouch! Not only that but stretch marks, I don't even like the ones I have left over from my pregnancies! I'm hoping that if I lose weight slow but steady it might give my skin a chance to catch up, I guess I'll have to wait and see! :ohwell:
  • robertmcalaster
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll look like Drew Carey.
  • meparker56
    Options
    All the loose skin, and the wrinkles that my face will get when there is no fat left in my face to fill them out!! :ohwell:
  • meparker56
    Options
    Not gonna happen, Robert! You are much better looking than Drew Carey! (and no, I am not flirting, just saying it like it is!)
  • robertmcalaster
    Options
    Aww thanks! Though to be fair, in my picture I'm not wearing my glasses LOL