Help! Looking for something easy and fast for breakfast!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Lately I have oatmeal everyday, before that I was eating eggs.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani non fat Greek yogurt with chia seeds mixed into it. It is very filling with the chia seeds and they really do not alter the flavor of the yogurt, just add a bit of texture and a heck of a lot of nutrition.
  • tinkerpuppet
    tinkerpuppet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have tried to like oatmeal but just can't acquire the taste for it. But if you like it, that would be my suggestion. I found an idea where you make oatmeal, freeze it in muffin tins, then can just pop one in the microwave for a minute or two. That way you can make it at night or when you have more time.

I like a half bagel with a small bowl of yogurt (under 200cal).

I also like slicing a banana, 1/2c granola and some yogurt (can't remember what it works out to, 250-300cal maybe?).

I crave carbs in the morning, i need something heavy, which is why I think oatmeal would be so good for me. I'm going to give steel cut oats a try next, apparently they're a different texture and taste, maybe I'll like them better!
  • ssp1977
    ssp1977 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A toaster waffle with peanut butter is one of my favorites too. Like you said, it's very satisfying. I like Van's 8 grain waffles from the natural foods section of the grocery. They are more expensive than Eggos but still very reasonable. The package lists two waffles as a serving but I only have one per breakfast so I get six mornings for about $4. (90 calories per waffle)
  • Laf300
    Laf300 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have 2 slices whole wheat toast with 1 laughing cow cheese and I microwave an egg for about 45 seconds (scrambled) - add a little salt - yummy and takes 3 minutes to prepare total! I give myself minimal time to get ready in the morning, so i too need FAST breakfasts!! yummmmmm.
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    i have a range of things from greek yogart, oats so simple with skimmed milk, belvita brekky biscuits, eggs in all forms ie scrambled poached boiled or omelet and smoothies x
  • PJcc1205
    PJcc1205 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Jimmy Dean Delights they are scrambled eggs with either sausage or ham with potatoes. Only 260 calories and filling. Also Weight Watchers the smart ones have a great breakfast variety, and if you go on the website for Weight Watchers smart ones you can get coupons.:smile:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about preparation. I often make stuff the night before or prepare some things a few days ahead.

For example:
    - Hard boiled eggs: I do 4-5 at a time, pop them with me in my bag when I go
    - Bulgar wheat cooked with dried cranberries: I make these the night or two nights before, put them in individual sized containers and take them with me (can do the same with oatmeal)
    - Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana
    - Cottage cheese with fruit: cut up fruit the night before
    - Greek yogurt with granola: pack a little ziplock with granola and grab a greek yogurt - great protein!

If you know you don't have time in the morning, do it the night before while you're making dinner. It's all about having a plan.

Good luck!
  • pajoley
    Options
    I make steel cut oats in the crockpot and then put it in individual containers in the fridge for the rest of the week. Today I had them with peaches and cinnamon. I used to get bored fast with breakfast, but since I started eating steel cut oats, I look forward to the morning! Also... you can throw them into a blender with banana and chocolate almond milk and a few ice cubes and have a great smoothie to go!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    On the nut butter - and I'm in the UK!

I mean peanut butter type spreads, but I like to ring the changes - almond butter is lovely and I've just finished a jar of hazelnut butter, which had a really earthy taste, but with a tiny smear of raspberry jam over the top - delicious!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I make breakfasts in the am since we get up wicked early and I get ready faster than the lady does.

She has a toasted honey wheat english muffin with a two slices of turkey and pepper jack cheese. I add a little bit of margarine so it's not too dry and then microwave it for 15 seconds to melt the cheese some. It takes me about 2 minutes to make, start to finish. It's about 300 cals.

Right now I have 16 ounces of plain non-fat greek yogurt (chobani) with a few packets of splenda. It's about 240 cals I believe. Takes 10 seconds to pull out of the fridge and toss in my lunch box.

I used to have a protein shake: 2 scoops of chocolate peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and 16 oz of milk blended with ice. It was like 700-800 cals, but it kept me full all day (I was eating my lunches at like 4PM when I was doing that, and mind you I would drink my shake at 5AM). Takes about 3-4 minutes if you're trying to be careful not to spill protein powder and want to blend it up good.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    oat bran is easy and really good for you. 1/3 cup of oat bran + 1 cup of water and dash of salt, in a microwaveable bowl. Nuke for 1.5 to 2 minutes, add flax seed, fruit, dash of milk. YUM!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i pre-make all my breakfasts. hard boiled eggs and oatmeal mixed with peanut butter.
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I go for my vi-shape shake every morning. You can't have much faster to prepare and drink down. 12g of proteins and not much carbs and fat. Tastes awesome and I can either have it warm or cold, with almond milk, extract, a few small fruits (watch out to not add too much sugar to it) etc. It's yummy :)
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one!! This does help alot!.
  • brookeg20
    Options
    I like eggo low fat multi grain waffles, topped with 1T peanut butter and 1/2 banana and sugar free syrup

it is tasty and stays with you until lunch my husband likes this as well it is from weight watchers

This is one of the breakfasts I ALWAYS have minus the banana and syrup. I have tried to change some things up lately. :)

This is usually what I have too. I put some blueberries or something on top, and I can eat it in my car.
  • janicesue1126
    janicesue1126 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bake a bunch of eggs in muffin tins and I keep them in the fridge, then before I go to bed I make me a bag with my egg, english muffin and 1 piece of canadian bacon. When I get to work I through the english muffin in the toaster and the egg and canadian bacon in the microwave and I'm ready to eat. Be sure to pierce your egg before you heat it or else it will blow up in the microwave. I have gotten my husband to start eating breakfast with those too.