I don't understand the whole eating back calorie's that you'

Options
2»

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone I'm being honest - I'm really upset by all of this - I've just looked at my last 7 days and my BMR is 1,747 and daily allowance is 1,230.
    Goal
    1,230 x 7 = 8,610 - Actually Ate 6,403 means I was -2,207 BUT that is not including my exercise which for last 7 days was 4,084.
    So in the last 7 days where I only consumed 6,403 Calorie's it should have been nearly double that 12,694.

If I ate all of that I would have in theory still lost 1lb last week - but I want to lose more than 1lb a week anyway but I can't believe what I've been doing to my body - I've been thinking doing more exercise has been benefiting me but I've actually been damaging my body because I havent been eating enough. :sad:

If you've only been at this for a short time you haven't done any damage to your body. You'll be just fine if you start eating more. I was eating 400-700 net calories a day (without realizing I was eating so little) for about 6 months and didn't lose a single pound. Once I started eating around 1500 net calories I started losing immediately. I didn't do any long term damage to my body and even though I still have 30-40 pounds to lose I'm healthier than I've ever been.
  • Cathnger
    Options
    I've been losing weight I lost 3lb last week I weigh on a Sunday so with my figures quoted only the Wed-Sat were included in that loss, I had done barely any exercise on the Sun, Mon, Tue of last week well I walked 18.5k in total nearly 4 hours of about 3mph.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone I'm being honest - I'm really upset by all of this - I've just looked at my last 7 days and my BMR is 1,747 and daily allowance is 1,230.
    Goal
    1,230 x 7 = 8,610 - Actually Ate 6,403 means I was -2,207 BUT that is not including my exercise which for last 7 days was 4,084.
    So in the last 7 days where I only consumed 6,403 Calorie's it should have been nearly double that 12,694.

If I ate all of that I would have in theory still lost 1lb last week - but I want to lose more than 1lb a week anyway but I can't believe what I've been doing to my body - I've been thinking doing more exercise has been benefiting me but I've actually been damaging my body because I havent been eating enough. :sad:

Ok... slow down... take a deep breath...

I HIGHLY doubt you did any damage in just 7 days. As for the losing more than 1 lb per week... how much do you have to lose? Rulebof thumb is that if you have less than 50lbs to lose 1lb per week should be your goal. Success is about realistic goals and sustainable practices.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Goal

Are you sure you are not confusing BMR with maintenance calories? You got goal calories right.

Big difference in their meanings.

Potentially small difference in the amounts.

And the reason MFP didn't suggest more off your maintenance calories, is because it would have taken you below your BMR, which would only result in your metabolism slowing down and BMR going down.

But if you exercise a lot, you may be causing that exact same thing anyway!
  • Cathnger
    Options
    Goal

Ok... slow down... take a deep breath...

I HIGHLY doubt you did any damage in just 7 days. As for the losing more than 1 lb per week... how much do you have to lose? Rulebof thumb is that if you have less than 50lbs to lose 1lb per week should be your goal. Success is about realistic goals and sustainable practices.

I'm 5"3 and currently 231lb I want to lose 90lb
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So on a typical day you eat 1000-1100 cals and burn 500 doing exercise. This gives your body a mere 500-600 calories to do regular daily activities (walk, stairs, work, housework, chase kids, stand, sit, sex etc) as well as breathe, beat your heart, fuel your brain, maintain/grow muscle, operate organs, digest food, grow hair, skin and nails.
    Because 500-600 calories isn't enough your body will using lean muscle as fuel. Over a long period of time, undereating can mess with your heart, circulation, temperature, immune system, moods, concentration, sleep, sex drive, fertility, digestion, hair, nails, skin.

+1
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Basically because a net calorie intake of 1200 a week is already as low as you can go without running out of energy for your body to actually metabolise the fat and excess water.

If you eat 1200, burn 1000 you end up with a net of 200 which is barely enough to survive let alone perform a stressful process such as burning fat.
  • TXCountryChick
    TXCountryChick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My base is 1400

Not eating back my cals = plateau

Eating back most my cals = steadily losing again

Thank you! That's what I've been looking for. :smile: I havent been eating back my cals and I've been at a plateau.