Who is doing 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• Kaylyn07
    Kaylyn07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started it on Sunday L1D1. Haven't worked out to the video since because I'm insanely sore! So instead I've been doing simple 10 minute workouts using 3lbs dumbbells. I figured I would do the 30 day shred dvd twice a week, and do the 10 minute workouts 5 days a week. I'm also going to alternate the short workouts, from cardio to toning and stuff like that.

by the way, I would love it if people from this thread added me! It would be nice to have some friends who are also doing the 30DS =]
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    i actually started 2 weeks ago but i seem to loose will power after the 3 day :( so i start on Monday and by Thursday i dont do it and i start again on Monday. How can i get motivated to keep doing it all week?

Fight through it! I keep reminding myself that it's a 30 DAY shred, not a whenever I want shred. Drink plenty of water and massage your muscles, it can help with the soreness and make it easier to do again the next day. I yelp every time I get out of a chair, but as Jillian says, "Pain is fear leaving the body." Learn to love the burn! :)
  • Kaylyn07
    Kaylyn07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sweat is also fat crying
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    i actually started 2 weeks ago but i seem to loose will power after the 3 day :( so i start on Monday and by Thursday i dont do it and i start again on Monday. How can i get motivated to keep doing it all week?

Fight through it! I keep reminding myself that it's a 30 DAY shred, not a whenever I want shred. Drink plenty of water and massage your muscles, it can help with the soreness and make it easier to do again the next day. I yelp every time I get out of a chair, but as Jillian says, "Pain is fear leaving the body." Learn to love the burn! :)

This and might I add, get some Epsom salt and soak in it :) I swear I thought the person was crazy when they told me this, but I soak in it every night after a workout.
  • karley511
    karley511 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I soak in epsom salt every night! It is amazing. I use dr teel's brand. They have 3 different smells. Wonderful!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I soak in epsom salt every night! It is amazing. I use dr teel's brand. They have 3 different smells. Wonderful!

Yup I use that...
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Great tip! Thank you!
  • khariemendoza
    Options
    I have been working out for almost 3 weeks now in http://fitnessvideosandplans.com and I actually find it very effective as I found out that I lose 4 pounds instantly. Though at the beginning, it was so hard but then I realized it is challenging to finish this thing until I got my target weight.
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm stopping to buy this on my way home from work tonight after a few days of reading about it. I've had some success with weight loss through dieting but not so much luck with losing inches. I've been dealing with a back injury for the past several months and after lots and lots of physical therapy, I think I'm ready for something high intensity again. Hoping this will be the change I need to keep the weight coming off. Starting tomorrow or Thursday. 30 days straight. No excuses!

I did the shred up to level 1 day 9 and hurt my back ... Bad. ... That was in August and I still have difficulty with my back tightening up on me ... Please take care doing this ...

Thanks for the concern, and I will definitely be careful. I'm not looking to end up back where I was by any means. Thankfully, I've spent so much time with a physical therapist that I understand specifically what it is I can and cannot do with my back, and I can adapt what Jillian is doing in a way that is best for me. Overextension is what gets to me, so I have to be careful with squats, planks, and those kinds of exercises.

From my experience, I do suggest that anyone with a history of back problems take the time to slowly strengthen your hip and abdominal muscles before beginning ANY kind of rigorous exercise program. It's definitely not worth the risk and if you hurt yourself, you will only end up delaying the weight loss you were trying to obtain to begin with.
  • cmgv89
    cmgv89 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, I'm starting today...w/ a diet, so, let's see how it goes! I hope not to lose my will power...
  • sparkly75
    sparkly75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 for me!
    Ouch!
    It turns out I have no strength in my upper body - my arms feel shakey but my legs feel ok and the cardio jumping jacks / rope is a killer! ( but I secretly like the pain :) )
    I know Im going to be sore tomorrow!
    I might invest in some epsom salts where can I buy them - Im in the UK?
    x
    15305568.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 2 Day 3. I alternate it with my regular HIIT program. My thighs were on fire in the beginning, but I haven't had any muscles soreness since. I also gained 3 lbs initially, which I believe was fluid retention due to the lactic acid in the muscles. It disappeared. I am in my late 50's and do stop, despite what Jillian says, when my heart rate goes too high, as it does during the cardiac portion of level 2. I have been on a plateau, so haven't lost any weight yet, but my muscle tone, especially in my abs and upper arms has improved noticeably.
  • Alm1055
    Alm1055 Posts: 26
    Options
    When I first started this I hated the cardio so bad and I just wanted to do mat work but I pushed through it and now I see that I can do jumping jacks all day ( I do wear a knee brace because the impact is alot) .
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did the whole thing 18 months ago but I just started again and today did day 1 of level 2 - oh my goodness - I remember now why I didn't like level 2 - intense or what! My arms are having trouble typing, they feel like jelly! Think I will go back to lighter weights and follow Anita for a bit !!
  • tiabelle26
    Options
    I started a few years ago but never completed so I'm starting over again. I'm on L1 Day 1
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started the program this morning and am going to do 30 days straight with dieting come hell or high water (it helps when work's biggest loser pot is over $1000, lol). D1L1 was very tiring but I'm encouraged that I made it through the entire workout without breaking. I do think I need to invest in some lighter hand weights though. My arms had a hard time keeping up after round 2, lol. At any rate, excited for the results this will bring!
  • hdrodgers
    hdrodgers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just did day 2! Sore in my shoulders and arms so I definitely need to build up my upper body strength. Glad to be doing it though and keeping my eye on the prize - my purple dress that I haven't been able to fit into for awhile!
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Any drugstore should have them, or where you would buy any kind of pharmceuticals.
    Day 1 level 1 for me!
    Ouch!
    It turns out I have no strength in my upper body - my arms feel shakey but my legs feel ok and the cardio jumping jacks / rope is a killer! ( but I secretly like the pain :) )
    x
    15305568.png
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 for me!
    Ouch!
    x
    15305568.png

Boots have some for £1/200g :) If you type Epsom Salts into ebay uk and then order it lowest price first, about 7 listings down is one for 500g for £2.48 if you can't get to a chemist/boots :)
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Level 1. I have started this twice before and never get past the first day of level 2! Level 1 gets easier quite fast and at least for me, the first circuit is the hardest and then after that before I know it I am done. As for level 2...well that is a killer. I swore I was gonna puke and pass out LOL!!!! I will get through it this time around though. I wanna look nice for Valentine's. Feel free to add me if you want to support each other!