MFP should add a search feature!

Options
2»

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why they don't...I spend hours just searching...there is so much knowledge and advice buried in the pages! Its like a treasure map but people are just to lazy to look :{

People are inherently lazy. We as a species are always looking for an easier way to do things. Why put in leg work to search for something when you can just create a brand new post of a question that has been asked at least 5 times a day for the last 3 years?
    can I just say...DUDE nice arms!

I believe you just did thanks!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    While you guys are here, how much water should I drink? I don't want to have to start a whole new thread...
    depends plain water, coffee or soda?

Oh no. That's another can of worms.

Aw, man! How many cans of worms am I supposed to have per day? Why didn't anybody tell me this sooner?!?

HELP US! :angry:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    While you guys are here, how much water should I drink? I don't want to have to start a whole new thread...

Aw, man! How many cans of worms am I supposed to have per day? Why didn't anybody tell me this sooner?!?

Have you tried the search function?
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    meh.ro5707-455x364.jpg

XDDDDDD Indeed~
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    unfortunately it is terrible.

I go to google and at the end of search type site:myfitnesspal.com Works a LOT better.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

I go to google and at the end of search type site:myfitnesspal.com Works a LOT better.

This!^^

x-ray searching will give you a lot better results than the search function on MFP...

I actually find it quite funny that when you have the 'what's your occupation' threads every 2nd person seems to be in IT or a tech related field, yet precious few know how to search for things on a website...
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    meh.ro5707-455x364.jpg

:laugh: This made my night!:laugh:
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options

But you need the Protein
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options

I DID use the search function and nutritional information on "worms, can of" isn't in the database.

Yeah, me too. The search function on this site is extremely poor, to the point of being useless.

Until it's vastly improved, it would be far better for the site to disable it and simply link the search text to a page explaining how to use google instead! :bigsmile: