um.... embrassing topic - help !

Options
Basically I am not here to lose weight but am here to generally improve my health.

Which is what I have done .. I cut out all the bad things and replaced them with good.

I am now eating 8 portions of fruit and veg a day.

heres the embarrassing part;

my poop is coming out in pellets - and has been for months - no logs (sorry!)

Any advice or has anyone else experienced this.

Thanks
and sorry for posting this :)

Replies

• LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Are you getting at least 8 cups of water a day and eating all your servings of whole grains? Even if you aren't eating all your food group servings you could be having this problem, but water is also important.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Are you getting at least 8 cups of water a day and eating all your servings of whole grains? Even if you aren't eating all your food group servings you could be having this problem, but water is also important.

I get around 6 glasses + obviously thr massive amount of water from fruit and veg.

I also eat wholegrain bread and pasta :)
  • LilBee82
    Options
    But are you getting all your servings from every food group? Like, going by the Canadian food guide, I need 2 servings of dairy, 2 servings of protein, 5-6 (I think, don't remember off hand) of whole grains, 7-8 servings of fruits and veggies.

It depends per each person though as to what your daily intake should be.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed friend! :) I'm pretty sure everybody poops... Do you drink a lot of alcohol? I've heard that what I would describe as "rabbit pellets" can be a result of drinking a lot the night before, for example?

Gillian McKeith is a nutritionist that has ( or used to have) a show on BBC called "You are what you eat." Anyway, she would help people lose weight by totally overhauling their life. One of the things she did was have the "clients" poop into a storage container and show it to her.. (Still embarrassed? lol..) She would look at the poop and tell them whatever foods or mineral deficiencies were causing its weird shape or color. She has a bestselling book by the same title that might help you analyze your own little excrements!

Good luck! And thank god for the internet right?!? Feel free to ask whatever you want! :)
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed friend! :) I'm pretty sure everybody poops... Do you drink a lot of alcohol? I've heard that what I would describe as "rabbit pellets" can be a result of drinking a lot the night before, for example?

Gillian McKeith is a nutritionist that has ( or used to have) a show on BBC called "You are what you eat." Anyway, she would help people lose weight by totally overhauling their life. One of the things she did was have the "clients" poop into a storage container and show it to her.. (Still embarrassed? lol..) She would look at the poop and tell them whatever foods or mineral deficiencies were causing its weird shape or color. She has a bestselling book by the same title that might help you analyze your own little excrements!

Good luck! And thank god for the internet right?!? Feel free to ask whatever you want! :)

yeah lol, thanks for your help :)

I don't drink alcohol though .. never really have
  • paleojamie
    Options
    well I can't have dairy ... but get a lot of protein and all .. check out my diary if you want to
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hm well, are you eating enough protein and fats?

I saw a segment on poops on Dr. Oz once, maybe you could look it up :p?
  • LilBee82
    Options

Ewwww I remember that show lol

Well if you can't have dairy I am sure it can be substituted.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    This sounds like you're dehydrated....
  • paleojamie
    Options
    surely I can't be dehydrated .. I drink so much .. i'm going toilet so much already lol
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LilBee82
    Options
    This sounds like you're dehydrated....

I have to agree. You aren't logging your water intake so it's really hard to say. Start drinking MORE water and see if anything improves.
  • LilBee82
    Options
    surely I can't be dehydrated .. I drink so much .. i'm going toilet so much already lol

and going to the toilet is a good thing!

I dunno, maybe go see your doctor, who knows if it could be something else.
  • paleojamie
    Options

and going to the toilet is a good thing!

I dunno, maybe go see your doctor, who knows if it could be something else.

not every hour lol (which is what happens if I have over 8 glasses).. especially when I have like 3 lecturers in a row
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Hm well, are you eating enough protein and fats?

I saw a segment on poops on Dr. Oz once, maybe you could look it up :p?

take a look at my diary if you want - I have pretty much met all the macros
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
  • paleojamie
    Options

thanks for that but it seems so unlike me ...

lack of exercise . I'm walking like 8 miles daily and going to the gym .. lack of fibre .. i'm at 40g .. inadequate amounts of water! I have at least 6 + 8 portions of fruit and veg .. and stress - I don't feel stressed

hmmm .. nor sure, may have to go to the docs
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest going to the doctor.

If your diet and water is fine that's your next step.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter how it comes out? Unless you are suffering pain or discomfort from it and you are otherwise in good health, I wouldn't really worry about it.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter how it comes out? Unless you are suffering pain or discomfort from it and you are otherwise in good health, I wouldn't really worry about it.

Because it's not a sign of a healthy bowel.

I'm not trying to scare you OP, but it is worth getting it checked out.