shakeology

Options
looking for people that would love to try shakeology and maybe start the 3 day cleanses with me on feb 20th. it may seem expensive but if you think about it, $4 a day for a shake it the same as getting starbucks or some sort of fast food like subway for lunch. i just bought the greenberry, so would anyone like to do this with me??

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    looking for people that would love to try shakeology and maybe start the 3 day cleanses with me on feb 20th. it may seem expensive but if you think about it, $4 a day for a shake it the same as getting starbucks or some sort of fast food like subway for lunch. i just bought the greenberry, so would anyone like to do this with me??

Where can i get this? Can I get it from you?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    You can do the "cleanse" with any protein powder actually - I've done it. This "cleanse" is basically a very low carb quick start to your weight loss plans or a perfect end to a Biggest Loser Contest. Good luck with the Greenberry flavour, I had a sample of it once, wow super gross! ;)
  • heathersmilez
    Options

I know you, you know better, are you trying to trap her into getting banned? Naughty!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

I know you, you know better, are you trying to trap her into getting banned? Naughty!

shhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You can do the "cleanse" with any protein powder actually - I've done it. This "cleanse" is basically a very low carb quick start to your weight loss plans or a perfect end to a Biggest Loser Contest. Good luck with the Greenberry flavour, I had a sample of it once, wow super gross! ;)

i have never tried the greenberry one so i wanted to see how it was. i tried the chocolate one and it was great. im not into protein shakes cuz i dont like the taste of them and shakeology seems to be the only one i like. i have tried the jillian micheals shakes, and the whey protien shakes and i cant seem to get them down. yes they are less expensive but i stil lhave the jillian micheals one and only had one shake and tossed it out. i guess everyone tastes are different
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Are you a Beach body coach??
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    . it may seem expensive but if you think about it

Actually it seems expensive because comparable products are much less expensive.
  • heathersmilez
    Options

i have never tried the greenberry one so i wanted to see how it was. i tried the chocolate one and it was great. im not into protein shakes cuz i dont like the taste of them and shakeology seems to be the only one i like. i have tried the jillian micheals shakes, and the whey protien shakes and i cant seem to get them down. yes they are less expensive but i stil lhave the jillian micheals one and only had one shake and tossed it out. i guess everyone tastes are different

The Chocolate one is delicious so yes, if you get used to it almost no other protein powder can compare. Body Fortress which is actually sold at Walmart is one of the richest/yummiest one's I've had and is very low in price (it’s 140 cals though so I switched a couple years ago to a better quality one). I currently have GNC's Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard Milk Chocolate and it's delicious. Chocolate Shakeology to other protein powders in taste is like cheap Christmas chocolate to Lindors, lol!

If you are in the US, the GNC one is a fabulous deal for you, last time I checked in December $45 for a 5lb jug for an elite brand so that’s a ¼ of the price! It was $87 in Canada but luckily through price matching an a $10 US only coupon I was able to buy it for $48 here.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Blah...I just threw up in my mouth...also known as greenberry shakeology :O
  • stacyann1001
    stacyann1001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I might be interested! My BF and I usually do a cleanse every season (4 times a year) we choose a different kind each time. Sometimes the detox vitamin/pill kits or a certain food cleanse.

Can you tell me a little bit about this one? I don't mind spending the money to do something if it is healthy on a few levels and going to give me body a refreshed feeling.

Please share any info you can!
  • Jenene88
    Options
    The Chocolate one is delicious so yes, if you get used to it almost no other protein powder can compare. Body Fortress which is actually sold at Walmart is one of the richest/yummiest one's I've had and is very low in price (it’s 140 cals though so I switched a couple years ago to a better quality one). I currently have GNC's Optimum 100% Whey Gold Standard Milk Chocolate and it's delicious. Chocolate Shakeology to other protein powders in taste is like cheap Christmas chocolate to Lindors, lol!

If you are in the US, the GNC one is a fabulous deal for you, last time I checked in December $45 for a 5lb jug for an elite brand so that’s a ¼ of the price! It was $87 in Canada but luckily through price matching an a $10 US only coupon I was able to buy it for $48 here.

hmm. i think i will try that one next. i just know with all the ones i tried i never liked them. and i always wanted to try the shakeology so i decided to try it out and it was the first one i actually liked. i will try that one next for sure and see if its any good.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    nevermind
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A 24 day supply (or 30 bulk bag) would cost me $135 (including tax) that = $5.64 (or 4.51) a day and is too rich for my blood. my current shake is $25 for a 60 day supply.

Wish you luck though
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I might be interested! My BF and I usually do a cleanse every season (4 times a year) we choose a different kind each time. Sometimes the detox vitamin/pill kits or a certain food cleanse.

Can you tell me a little bit about this one? I don't mind spending the money to do something if it is healthy on a few levels and going to give me body a refreshed feeling.

you do four cleanses a year with different types of stuff? nice, but i do one daily, with my kidneys.

My favorite kind of cleanse!
  • AzizaBell
    Options
    i love chocolate shakeology - the greenberry one is like drinking dirt. they are coming out with a ne vegan strawberry on valentine's day. i haven't heard about a cleanse. anyone have more info on what's involved?
  • AzizaBell
    Options
    i personally LOVE the chocolate shakeology. i was skeptical myself until i tried it. i honestly don't have any cravings when i use it regularly. if i skip a few days, i start to crave sugar and carbs. it satisfies me til my next meal. it IS expensive, but imo, worth it. i have been having it as my lunch almost every day for the last year. only skip when i am on vacation.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses itself, stop feeding it crap and it won't have to work so hard to do its job. Also, all you're going to lose in three days is water weight. There is no trick to this, work out and eat right... or work harder and eat whatever you want. It's really not rocket science folks, just some good ol' fashioned hard work.
  • Jenene88
    Options

its a shake from beachbody. it has a bunch of vititams and minerals in it. its suppost to help you lose weight, make you more regular, and reduce cravings. some people said it has helped them more which this is the reason why it got me looking at it. people have said it has helped their hair grow stonger and fuller due to the amount of biotein in it, some people said they now never get sick, or get headaches. and one girl who got me to try it said with the cleanses she did she lost 8lbs and she is really skinny. the info they give about it at the end of my workout videos say that its so many cups of veggies and fruits and that its all natural. iknow they are coming out with a vegan one but it doenst come out till feb 14th.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    The thing is, I'd rather just spend it on Subway-they have more than 2 flavors.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Basics of the “cleanse” which I have done once with regular protein powder are as follows;

3 SHAKEOLOGY Shakes a day (blended with water and ice)
    • 2 Cups of Green Tea a Day
    • 1 piece of fruit a day (Apple, pear, orange, banana, mango, etc)
    • 1 salad for dinner (lettuce, veggies, lean protein)
    - 4 oz lean protein in salad (WHITE poultry or fish)
    - Only Low Fat Dressings.
    • NO: Dairy (no almond, soy, or rice milk) or extra sugars. If it’s not on the list, don’t eat it!

Like others have said, your body cleanses for you, this is just a jump start or a way to win the final week of your own Biggest Loser Challenge ;) Yes you will lose 3-6 lbs in 3 days but its only temporary and also it's from an 800 cal day, duh.