Wal-Mart has it out for me...I swear!

Options

Replies

• tsaustin
    tsaustin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one with that problem. I also live a distance from Walmart and it is so frustrating not to get everything you paid for. I boycotted them for a while but its hard considering we don't have too many stores to chose from.

Tarsha
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart is the devil!

Total agree and those door nazi's are the worst. I get stopped everytime even though I don't beep when walking out. Now I just refuse to show them my receipt. I write them nasty grams telling them they should put paid stickers on the stuff not in bags like Kroger does and they won't have to harass their customers when leaving.

This one doesn't bother me... do you not shop at any place like BJs then since they do this with everything?

I have only once had the person at BJs take more then 30 seconds and that time it was just because she saw 5 items in my cart and 4 on the receipt becasue I didn't take a big bag to put my two bags of chips in.

To the OP I agree that this is not walmarts fault at all.

If you can miss a bag then I'm sure the person working there for 8 hours can miss a bag or two in the time they are working there. They don't keep things on purpose.

Solutions: If one of your children are so small that you need to keep an eye on them at all times maybe they should sit in the cart as you get rung out. If they are at least 5 then teach them to not run out with a candy bar and then you can watch the person bagging.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above poster (the one that says that's what Customer Service department is for)! That's happened to me and I called the store as soon as I noticed. They'll usually honor your purchase and give you the items you paid for but left behind. You paid for the after all!! Of course you need to bring in your receipt and maybe make a note of who you talk to when you call and ask if there's anything else you need to do to prove that you called or whatever.

I used to work in retail (although never WalMart) and these stores aren't any less reasonable than any other store. But I still learned my lesson and made sure I checked the bag thingy and even ask the cashier before I leave if I got everything. There's no shame in checking!!

ETA: If the person you initially talk to when you call isn't helpful, ask to speak to a manager. 9 times out of 10, you can pretty much get your way when you talk to a manager. :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I often bag my own stuff and when one of the kids comes over and says that they can do I tell them that I'm all set and their is someone else in need of more assistance than me. I put the stuff that I want bagged together on the belt but they don't seem to get it so I'd rather do it myself....plus I know I won't be forgetting anything

YES. I bag my own. I use recycled cloth bags and I used to work at a grocery store...I know how to pack groceries. Don't touch my broccoli, I've got it, thanks. (I'm usually rude about it but I'm VERY particular about how my groceries get packed)

Grocery bagging is a lost art. It's not rocket science but please don't put my bread or produce in a bag with my OJ.

Or cleaning supplies with my food.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart is the devil!

Total agree and those door nazi's are the worst. I get stopped everytime even though I don't beep when walking out. Now I just refuse to show them my receipt. I write them nasty grams telling them they should put paid stickers on the stuff not in bags like Kroger does and they won't have to harass their customers when leaving.

The "door nazi's" are the ones who prevent theft. Slowing down theft in the store keeps the prices down for everyone else. So, while you're *****ing about having to show your receipt, you're happy that you paid less for your stuff, right? Their job is to prevent theft from the stores. And I assure you, they aren't the only place that makes you show a receipt to get larger items out the door.
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I agree with these... My local store likes to try to do raw chicken and produce alot.

My husband normally bags for us whenever we get the chance. He bags faster then many of the people at the store too all the baggers in that store are very old and slow (although some of these ones at least bag right) or they bag wrong and talk to the cashier the entire time.
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Okay.. how is it Wal Mart's fault?

The bags are on the turn thing - you are supposed to load your bags into your cart as the cashier bags them. At the end, I ALWAYS ask "Did I get it all?" in case they forgot to spin it or whatever. It takes two extra seconds to double check. It annoys me when people want to blame the cashier or someone else because THEY didn't get all their stuff. It isn't their job to load your cart for you. It is their job to ring it up and put it in a bag for you. The rest is up to you.
    I didn't say it was THEIR fault. And in fact I actually said it was mine. All I said is that it was aggravating especially when, LIKE YESTERDAY, they are loading the cart (I didnt ask, she just did it) as i'm writing a check or whatever, and tending to two kids. Sh should have seen the bag and double checked since shes the one that loaded it all.
    I got my groceries replaced so I really don't care. but its still annoying to have to waste the gas.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Bag your own.....that's what most everyone in my town does. We don't have 'baggers' anymore.

And Mall-Wart is an evil corporation who doesn't give a ratz azz about you or their employees................money, greed, and more greed. I have very, very rarely shopped there.

http://walmartispureevil.blogspot.com/
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    Or you can check the carousel with your own two eyes. It's not policy to keep your things from you. Be a little responsible for your own goods.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    in the uk they are shocking, if they pack your bags at all. Milk and tins on top of your bread. bleach in with your fruit and veg. Throwing stuff in the bag like it's a hacky sack...I pack my own where i can cos it sh!ts me to tears when people are that uninterested in doing a good job.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to the bagging when I'm in the checkout, and check the little bagging carousel before departing.

This has been an effective strategy in preventing this from happening.
    This. Wake up and pay attention when you are purchasing things with your money.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    This is the second time I've gone shopping there and not gotten all of my groceries I paid for. I guess honestly it's my fault for not double checking but seriously...who remembers every single item they buy (I buy for 2+ weeks at a time, and shop with two kids ages 2 and 4- by myself!)? The check out lady should say HEY! You forgot a bag! (Or in yesterdays case the check out lady is the one who loaded the groceries into the basket...WHY'D SHE KEEP MY MILK?!?!)

It aggravates me because we live out in the middle of no where and have to drive 20-30 minutes for our groceries! If I don't get a gallon of milk and some cheese- things we need- then it costs more in gas to go back and have them replace the items then what the items are worth!

*Sigh* First they kept my rack of Ribs and roast. Now our milk. GRR!
    So YAY I get to go back to walmart and spend even more money because I'll be danged if I don't at least get my moneys worth for the wasted gas I have to use!

first off let me say, I worked at walmart for about 2 years , and believe me while i worked as a cashier that was the hardest thing ive had to do before. People are REALLLY mean, also when you ring for 8 hours striaght sometimes you dont spin that little thing and sometimes people forget some bags!!!!! I promise you in no form or fashion did i EVER want to keep someone's stuff. If someone left their items that meant that I would have to take the items to customer service (if the items were cold you have to put the stuff up). I cashiered for 6 months and in that 6 months I dreamed every night that i was still ringing up customers!!!!!!!!!! and I STILL do every now and then, and its been 7 years!!!!!!!!
    saying this there are such things as bad employee's, it is part of life there are bad employees every where you go!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I didn't say it was THEIR fault. And in fact I actually said it was mine. All I said is that it was aggravating especially when, LIKE YESTERDAY, they are loading the cart (I didnt ask, she just did it) as i'm righting a check or whatever, and tending to two kids.
    I got my groceries replaced so I really don't care. but its still annoying to have to waste the gas .
    Your statements gave that impression that you felt that Walmart was at least partially responsible, or that their employees were "keeping" your food.
    Wal-Mart has it out for me...I swear! ...The check out lady should say HEY! You forgot a bag! ... I swear!WHY'D SHE KEEP MY MILK?!?! ... First they kept my rack of Ribs and roast. Now our milk. GRR!
    The responsibility boils down to you checking the carousel before you leave. Why villainize the store, or place any the blame with them?
  • Cassi1990
    Options
    Wal-mart is the devil!

The "door nazi's" are the ones who prevent theft. Slowing down theft in the store keeps the prices down for everyone else. So, while you're *****ing about having to show your receipt, you're happy that you paid less for your stuff, right? Their job is to prevent theft from the stores. And I assure you, they aren't the only place that makes you show a receipt to get larger items out the door.
    I wish our wal mart did this. they have door people watching/sitting by the exit but they never stop anyone who has things that arent bagged.
    i even made the alarm go off once and couldnt figure out why. the person at the door didnt even bother checking our stuff, she just said "oh youre fine!". when i got home i realized they didn't get the alarm thing off of a jacket we had bought. i took it back with the receipt proving we paid for it and they just laughed!
  • Cassi1990
    Options
    Bag your own.....that's what most everyone in my town does. We don't have 'baggers' anymore.

And Mall-Wart is an evil corporation who doesn't give a ratz azz about you or their employees................money, greed, and more greed. I have very, very rarely shopped there.

We really dont have the option to bag on our own. the way the register is set up as soon as the item is scanned it has to put in a bag- theres no other place to put it. and im still loading the belt with groceries in the basket when they start ringing everything up.
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options

We really dont have the option to bag on our own. the way the register is set up as soon as the item is scanned it has to put in a bag- theres no other place to put it. and im still loading the belt with groceries in the basket when they start ringing everything up.

It's as easy as saying before they start bagging, "Hey, I'll bag my own groceries." WHOA.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I get some groceries at Wal*Mart since they have some good prices. However, I neverrrrr get my produce there!
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've also ended up with a bag or two belonging to someone else. I returned it.

Was it ribs, roast, or milk? Cause, I think I know who's they are.
  • Cassi1990
    Options
    I didn't say it was THEIR fault. And in fact I actually said it was mine. All I said is that it was aggravating especially when, LIKE YESTERDAY, they are loading the cart (I didnt ask, she just did it) as i'm righting a check or whatever, and tending to two kids.
    I got my groceries replaced so I really don't care. but its still annoying to have to waste the gas .
    Your statements gave that impression that you felt that Walmart was at least partially responsible, or that their employees were "keeping" your food.
    Wal-Mart has it out for me...I swear! ...The check out lady should say HEY! You forgot a bag! ... I swear!WHY'D SHE KEEP MY MILK?!?! ... First they kept my rack of Ribs and roast. Now our milk. GRR!
    The responsibility boils down to you checking the carousel before you leave. Why villainize the store, or place any the blame with them?

Oh good lord. The "walmart has it out for me" wasnt serious! and where it says "ITS ACTUALLY PROBABLY MY FAULT" means exactly that. I'm not blaming anyone because YES in the end its my problem. it doesnt make it any less aggravating.

thank you to the ones that understood. whatever to the ones that want to nit pick and say im blaming whoever.

like i said i got my groceries replaced. i dont care.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    I swear that ONLY happens to me in Walmart. Never in Target or any other store, just Walmart. I wonder why...??? :huh:

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter