Just Dance 3 (wii game)

Options

Replies

• firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My problem now is that I want to go and buy just dance 2 and just dance summer dance party (which I don't think is available anymore darn it!)

I saw them at Best Buy over the holidays, and most recently (within the last week or so) at Nebraska Furniture Mart. They're still there! I really want to buy JD 2.
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    The Black Eyed Peas Experience is good too, all the songs are high energy... we played for hours on end!!!
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Don't know if someone already mentioned, but their is a Just Dance 3 group on here.

Also, I have been using the Michael Jackson Experience and the Black Eyed Peas Experience to work out....FUN!!! I want to try the ABBA one also....like to rent them before I buy them....
  • DSMAW
    DSMAW Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. My daughter and I try to play this every other night for at least 30 mins and was not sure how to log it so I have been logging it as line dancing. Now that I know how to figure out the sweat points it will help me better
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've had just dance 3 for a week now and I love it!! Today I danced for 70 min and burned 534 calories according to my hrm so your calories burned sounds right to me :-)
    My problem now is that I want to go and buy just dance 2 and just dance summer dance party (which I don't think is available anymore darn it!) for more dancing options :-)) I burn more calories doing this than any other workout I do and I noticed I am smiling through the whole thing! lol I am really considering getting some extra songs from the Wii store to add to my game. does anyone know what songs are available to buy? I've googled it but can't find an answer. (my wii isn't hooked up to the internet because I don't want my kids going crazy with it! So it would be a special project to get the cable to hook it up)

I have just dance 2 and it is alright......everyone says that 3 is the best.......
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    another great dancing game for the wii is Zumba 2. I love it because it has the belt you wear so you don't have to hold the controller. I have been doing it EVERy night for the last month. I love that I can customize a playlist of just the ones I want to do and can make it as long or short as I want. According to my HRM i burn an average of 800 calories for a 55 minute workout.

I have the Zumba and can't get the steps down.....still working on it...........taking a class at our Wrec Center hopefully I will learn the moves there and then can use the Wii
  • eyeowaymom
    eyeowaymom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw posts from people wanting to buy the newer games. I just wanted to mention that you can add songs to your playlist through the Wii ... via the Wii channel, I believe. I don't know what they cost, but I know it's possible to do it & would probably cost less than the $$ for a new game if money is tight. :)
  • gnikki0
    gnikki0 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have heard that 10 sweat points equals about 1 cal burned which seems about right to me...a hrm is prob your best bet! IMHO!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Jump on it. 4 stars.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love I LOVE Just Dance 3,i've been doing it for about 2wks now :smile: good recommendation

14260509.png[/url]
  • BrendaS78
    Options
    Don't know if someone already mentioned, but their is a Just Dance 3 group on here.

Also, I have been using the Michael Jackson Experience and the Black Eyed Peas Experience to work out....FUN!!! I want to try the ABBA one also....like to rent them before I buy them....

The Just Dance ABBA is the best!! So much fun!!
  • CHUBBYgoLUCKY
    CHUBBYgoLUCKY Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I help lead a group of moms and teens with Zumba 2 (Wii) at the community center I work at. I tell them to just to keep dancing and it will start to come to them. That's what I do, I try to hit the mark as best as I can. Some twist knee moves are to hard for me (currently 355lbs) so I just get into it and try to get better at it each session. I'm down 37 pounds so far. I rented Just Dance 3 Monday night and I'm in love. Popped it on for my after school program kids and they loved it as well as my teens. I kept it one more day to try it at home. Decided to buy it over the weekend. Its so much fun and your sweating. Also, I played with all the menus on Zumba 2 one night and saw that they have tutorials on some of the basic steps. So look into it.
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It always blows me away, the amount of calories you can burn just by playing that game, just by having fun!
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm definitely loving Just Dance 3.

I've been playing wearing my HRM to compare it to the sweat points and found that my HRM always reads fewer calories burned but since it's actually on me, I go with whatever the reading is.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Wow, what am I doing wrong...or was my HRM messed up..I did Just Dance 3 for 45 mins and only burned 83 cals...really?? Im 5'9 and 150 pounds
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Wow, what am I doing wrong...or was my HRM messed up..I did Just Dance 3 for 45 mins and only burned 83 cals...really?? Im 5'9 and 150 pounds

What kind of HRM do you have? Does it have a chest strap?
  • trisha_haro
    Options
    I also tried the Zumba for the Wii, I couldn't follow along with it. I even had my SIL try it and she KNOWS these dances and she was confused by the steps. She has the DVDs and said they are more instructive. I returned mine to game stop and used the partial credit on another game.

I have Just Dance 2 and 3. When I select my song I pick the ones with the more physical rating.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this question. I want to use Wii Just Dance 3 but was not sure it was really a workout. From all the responses to this post I see that it will be great to add to my fitess routine. ow if I can only talk my daughter into letting me use it. :smile:
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have both JD2 and JD3, I seem to get a great workout from both. I do think JD3 is the better of the 2 however, song wise, and the body movements. I also have just been logging it as Aerobic Dance here on MFP, and I think that is pretty accurate.
  • womblej70
    womblej70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just played just dance 3 for 60mins and got 4780 sweat points so how many calories burnt would that be?! :oS x

ps. I am 5ft 4 and 154lbs x