3'o clock temptations?

Options
I know that around this time i get the urge to grab something sweet or get really hungry. Everyday just like clockwork, I have been drinking tons of water when i get hungry to combat that urge. I have been eating every 2.5-3 hours and still get hungry at this time, i know this is normal, just wanted to know what is your 3'o clock temptations.

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Coffee. I hit the 3 oclock slump and start thinking about yummy, delicious, coffee. YUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But I count it into my calories, and I fully expect to be having a cup of Kona every afternoon about... now ;)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I drink a liter of water at 3.

And eating every 2-3 hours could be the reason you're hungry all the time, that was my experience. Larger meals curb cravings better for some people.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Chocolate!!!!! So i grab a sugar-free chocolate jello or apple with nutella or peanut butter. These do the trick :)
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Drink a protein powder mixed with water. Should only be about 100 calories.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i was very similar. i would grab a soda and a bag of m&m's for a suger rush. i read somewhere that an apple has the same energy as a soda, so i started eating one of those at around 3 or 4. also, a piece of cheese or some almonds if i want a crunch.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Apple, yogurt or low calorie string cheese.
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree with the coffee urge, but i mostly want something carb like...today i found a sm. bag of pretzels around the office and i dont feel too bad about eating it since it was snack size with no fat.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my 3:00 popcorn break everyday. :)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I specifically plan my afternoon snack for this time...usually an apple or a protein bar...
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    apple or a protein bar is good.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just stuck the last honey wheat pretzel in my mouth. I only have five (half serving) for 55 cal. with a cup of water. Its been enough to tide me over to dinner (whenever that may fall).
  • jwaltz13
    Options
    Same problem but I have 9pm temptations.. :S After eating well all day, logging, drinking water, exercise.. it takes a lot of will power to fight it off but just like clock work it always happens!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm having that problem right now but must resist! We are going out for Mexican tonight and I need my calories then.
  • MissJackie88
    Options
    Sweets! After dinner I HAVE to have something sweet, so I'll get a yogurt or something. But then an hour later I want more and I have to say no! :(
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,099 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Chobani rasberry greek yogurt.. makes me a better person. :)
  • ashvorodriguez
    Options
    Apple (I prefer the Honey Crisp) or a Pure Protein bar and water.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I normally eat a boiled egg around 3 pm that holds me over until dinner.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My snacks are planned for exactly 3pm because of this - and it has always been this way. Usually fruit, sometimes cheese.
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    Well, normally I don't get hungry at this time, but I am now. Guess I'll have a protein bar.