FEBRUARY CHALLENGE!

Options
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to see if anybody was up for a FEBRUARY CHALLENGE! This gives everybody a week to mentally prepare and get PUMPED! I definitely need some friends for motivation, and something to hold myself accountable so this is the perfect way.

Go ahead and introduce yourself, post what your fitness goals are for the month of February, and which program/workout you intend to do atleast 5/7 days a week!!!

I'm Nikki, and my goal is to stick to a routine for 5/7 days a week and be consistant with my workouts. I'm going to do a hybrid of Power 90/Slim in 6/Turbo Fire (depending on my mood and how much I can do that particular day). I'm standing up in a friends wedding in May, and decided there's no time like the present to get fit and get ready! :)

Replies

• misterrauiri
    Options
    Hi Nikki,
    I'd love to join your group. I'm getting married in April and have left it quite late to take my weight loss goals seriously so I need a boost to get to goal in time. I'm getting measured for my wedding dress at the end of February so the timing of your challenge is perfect. I have been working out with a personal trainer for a few months but really need to up my game.

My name is Catherine and my goal is to do at least five workouts a week and stick to my mfp diet plan. My workouts will be three 30 minute personal training sessions plus two or three 1 hour cardio sessions (treadmill/ stationary bike/ rowing/ cross trainer).

Will we be weighing in or anything?
    Good luck with your challenge :-)
  • imcsqrd
    imcsqrd Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi Nikki,

I'm in!! I have been doing so poorly for the last 2 months that I need a kick in the pants to get back on track. Not sure what I'll do, was walking 5 days a week and dancing (tap & jazz) one day and made good progress. Then came days of less daylight and cold weather. Not as easy to get the walking in after dark and in 10 - 30 degree weather with varying wind chill. I'll figure something out and post results to the group. My name is Cheryl and I look forward to getting back on track and retraining myself to better eating/exercising habits.
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    My name is Amanda.
    My goal for February is to lose another 5 pounds. I will workout at least 5 times a week for 30 minutes running on treadmill, dance/zumba, and am hoping to purchase an exercise bike! I will drink more water- at least 6 glasses a day! My ultimate goal is to be fit and in a bikini this summer for a vacation to the beach! Bring It ON!!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My goal is to hit 195 by March 1st. Also, to stick to my routine of 5 days a week and eating well.
  • jenuhfur
    Options
    Hi there! I would LOVE to join this challenge. Will we be weighing in?

My name is Jenn, I'm 23 years old, and I am 99% sure I have PCOS(waiting for test results). I want to get healthy! My challenge for the month is to do some form of exercise every day. I want to switch between walking, zumba and the bob harper routine. I would like to lose between 5-10 pounds this month.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Jackie and I am in!

I lost 7 pounds in 3.5 weeks (weigh in for week 4 is this week) and I would like to hit the -15 mark by the end of February. My goal is to continue to work out at least 5 times a week. I am alternating between the Biggest Loser workout, Low Impact Aerobics and Zumba class (which is love). I want to continue to meet the water goal while increasing my calcium and protein and reducing the sodium intake! :happy:
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'd like to try to lose 8 lbs in February... along with smaller measurements by the end of the month. I want to do 30 day shred (even though there's only 29 days:))
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    im norm

i exercise 4 to 5 times a week and would like to loose 5 to 10 lb in feb on top of the 42lb i have lost in the last 4 month

then i think i will stick at that if possible
  • AWyatt88
    AWyatt88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join the challenge!

My name is Ashley, I am 23 years old with a husband and a 4 year old boy. I want to lose weight because I want to set a good example for my son and my husband and I want to expand our family. I do not want to be considered obese before I get pregnant. My challenge for this month is to control my eating. I am an emotional eater and it can get out of control. I also want to start exercising again and this time, stay with it. I also want to start taking in more water everyday. I would like to lose 10lbs this month. When do we weigh in? Good luck everyone!
  • hrtoftx
    hrtoftx Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey there.....my goal is to be able to work out in some form every day. I have back issues that limit my work out so on the days that Im hurting I do yoga or try to work. I am doing well with my calories though so thats positive!!! I am at 190 and am looking to get down to 160 (I am 5' 11" so that is a good weight for me) by the start of summer!!!!!!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I need a swift kick in my behind for February. lol What do you have in mind?
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join! :happy:

My name is Ashley. I am 26 years old. Over the holidays I slacked and fell behind a little bit. So i am in the process now of getting back on track. I could definitely use all the support i can get! :flowerforyou:

My goal for February is to lose between 5-10 pounds. I try to work out everyday of the week, but sometimes i give myself a rest day if its an already busy day (usually a weekend day). Last Thursday i started the 'Biggest Loser: Cardio Max' DVD. The program on it is a 6 week program. So I will continue with that and I also try and walk about 45 minutes every afternoon during lunch. My ultimate goal is to be bathing suit ready for spring/summer! :bigsmile:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am soo in!

Hi there everyone!

My name is Christina. I am on this journey to be happier and healthier person/mom. I am joining this challenge as I want to really push my efforts. I intend to swim atleast 6 days a week and walk atleast an hour plus 6 days a week as well. I will not eat foods that will inhibit these efforts with exception of my cheat day (once a week) And I will increase my water intake.. That is a hard one for me but I can do it I know I can!

If I can complete this challenge with NO mishaps I will be treating myself to a mani pedi! :)

Good Luck everyone, We can do it! :)
  • LouiseDavis65
    LouiseDavis65 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am a 47 year old single mom, and just discovered this website a few days ago! My goal is to lose 40 pounds by the end of May. My goal for February is to keep drinking 8 glasses of water, and to get moving! I can't afford a gym membership, so I intend on walking every single day for at least 30 minutes. I am a food addict - so another goal is to keep only healthy food in my house.

Louise
  • cinole1706
    Options
    I'm in!

My name is Nicole, 21, and my goal for the month is to workout 5 days a week! I want to lose 7-9 pounds by the beginning of March. I don't really plan on continously participating in a p90x, Jillian Michaels, or other workout plan like that. I plan on old fashion running mixed with weight lifting. But don't get me wrong, I'll try anything once :)
  • thedostiefamily
    Options
    Count me in! I am just starting out and would like to lose 8 pounds in February! I am simply going to stick to my calorie counting and vow to WiiFit for 30 min each day, which kicks my butt....and I'll try to throw in some walking in there too :)
  • yarnlady57
    Options
    I am old. My goal is to ride my exercise bike or walk 4 times a week for a total of 30 minutes each time and to not go over any of the goals at the bottom of the home page. I have occasionally gone over those and don't know why, so then I hit the bike for a bit.
  • kristinahalley
    Options
    I am definitely up for a challenge. My goal is to lose 20 pounds during the month of February. Right now I'm working out 5 days a week for an hour a day. I'm in the middle of a 10 day cleanse right now. I've lost 5 pounds in the last 3 days just from the cleanse. It's an awesome feeling. I'm hoping to keep the momentum going.
  • vcmete222
    Options
    I'd like to join!

My name is Brenda. I've been on MFP since September, and have lost about 10 pounds so far. I stalled during the holidays, and am looking for motivation. My goal for February is to get rid of another 6 pounds, and continue to exercise 5-6 days a week. I'm currently training to run a marathon, so running will be a big component of my exercise. But I also take a Body Combat class once a week, and do strength training and other cardio 2 or 3 times a week. My ultimate goal is to lose another 12-15 pounds.

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks!
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I would LOVE to join this challenge. Will we be weighing in?

My name is Jenn, I'm 23 years old, and I am 99% sure I have PCOS(waiting for test results). I want to get healthy! My challenge for the month is to do some form of exercise every day. I want to switch between walking, zumba and the bob harper routine. I would like to lose between 5-10 pounds this month.

i just got diagnosed Jenn, add me as a friend.. maybe we can help each other