Weirdest Thing You've Eaten?

Options

Replies

• fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Head Cheese
    Boudin
    Tripe (my dad told me it was fish growing up)
    Squid
    ....can't really think of anything else
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    paulaeatingbutter-300x300.jpg

OMG! You ate Paula Dean! How the hell did you log that?
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Crocidile & Ostrich meat on a stick at the state fair.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options

That sounds quite delectable.
  • Havend1
    Havend1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow. People have eaten really gross stuff! The only thing I can think of that I ate long ago was a turtle egg. Never again!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    a mixture of lemon yoghurt, chicken soup, italian dressing and a cookie
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Alligator was pretty weird to me.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My own cooking
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    huhu grubs
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Grilled cow udder...that's gotta trump everything :(
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Nice...I've had Alligator and Frog Legs on a stick at the state fair.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Grilled cow udder...that's gotta trump everything :(

Nah...the guy who ate Balut wins so far. I will soon join his ranks.
  • afen106
    Options
    cow heel <
    nastiness
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    fried lamb glands. smelled delish, totally totally the most awful horrible disguting thing EVER!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Liverwurst
    Ox tail
    Head cheese

I'd never eat any of it again

I have tried all 3 of those as well. Liverwurst and Ox tail weren't bad. Head cheese was f'in awful.

I love liverworst : P
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I grew up on chicken nuggets and fries and homemade bread, and I don't usually try new foods. However on several dates I've tried:
    raw oysters (with different kind of sauces) - I just swallowed it whole so it just tasted like flavored goo.
    Fried Conch (the thing that lives in the shell) - I gotta say, I actually liked this. Similar to calamari but less chewy and less what I call fishy tasting
    Catfish - tasted like the smell of potted soil...Brings a whole new meaning to "tastes like dirt"
  • Alsha1999
    Alsha1999 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is just PLAIN AWESOME! :happy:
    Roadkill....Ha!!! Literally!!

At first glance it sounds really disgusting, I know. But let me elaborate....

In the state of Colorado, herds of Elk (20 or 30 of 'em at a time) get out into the middle of I70 that runs through the Rockies. Tractor-trailers can't help but jack-knife and hit a bunch when the roads are icy.

If you are fortunate enough to come up on one of these accidents just after it happens, you really have to hustle.... and pick the least damaged one, 'cause 20 more people are gonna show up for the same thing in about 5 minutes. Don't pick the ones that the tires dragged across the road. Gotta find the elk that the center of the trailer smacked in the head but left the body untouched.

After you pick one out, you gotta stand guard over it (lest someone else try to lay claim to it) and wait for the county sherrif to arrive and issue Roadkill Hunting Tags. Yep..they keep track of that stuff.

Completely legal...and I could get mine back to the house, butchered and into the freezer a whole hell of a lot faster and fresher before any traditional hunter could even hike down off the mountain with his kill.

Voila!! 900 pounds of all natural, organic protein....FREE!!!
  • lafrostjr
    lafrostjr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Rocky mountin oysters (cow balls) and rattle snake both at russlers roost in Arazonia

I'm from the east coast, also had rattle snake at the Russler's Roost. You can get a good steak in Arizona, but you can't get good Haddock or Lobster.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Conch, ox tail, goat, squirrel, cricket, frog (disgusting), gator (in the form of nuggets and jerky...the nuggets were gross, but the jerky was absolutely delicious!) and eel.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Oxtails and goat. I don't think it's weird, but I guess it's not standard all-American fare 'cause every time I say I've had it, most people screw up their faces.