Options

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with being white?

Some black people bleach their skin.
    Some white people tan.
    People are never happy with their bodies.
    This site is a testament to that :laugh:

well, yeah! :laugh: I guess I wouldn't be here if I was happy with my body! :laugh:
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I happen to find pale skin to be beautiful, veins and all. Skin is supposed to have character, regardless of color! n_n

IMHO, the *BEST* way to tan is to take a vacation to the caribbean!!! Dead serious... I took a cruise for 7 days and came back looking like a weathered sailor!! xD
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Not trying to tell u what to do but please DO NOT go into the tanning bed, very dangerous......I use Loreal Tanning Gelee in medium, I use it yr round and it gives me a natural looking tan.....:) Be safe and healthy!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    SPRAY TAN ALL THE WAY - airbrush tan - professional spray, easy dry, overnight tan, subtle removal - win win win
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

I look like I'm sixteen and I'm twenty-two. I've been tanning on and off since I was fifteen.. I think I'll be alright. My mom tans and has tanned for years, she's forty-two and looks like she's still in her early thirties. So awesome tidbit, but I'm not buying it.

Delusional! Happy cancer!
    Bad things don't always happen ONLY to the neighbors.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    20 years from now, you are going to be very, very sorry you did this.

Tanning beds aren't really bad for your skin. They're the same rays that the sun naturally gives off. Some tanning benefits are: the "sunlight" rays stimulates the thyroid gland, which boosts your metabolism, if you have psoriasis it helps improve it, decreases adrenaline levels and release endorphins, if you have the winter blues it'll cheer you up, and it helps clear up acne. I tan almost every day, sometimes I'll skip a week here or there.

not everyone who tans gets cancer, just like not everyone that smokes gets cancer
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily know about creams...I just know that they are really streaky. Have you thought of spray on tans? I think they work better, but I can't be certain.

I used to work in a Tanning salon when I was younger and I remember taking a training course about both the positve and negative effects of tanning in a salon and in the sun. Tanning beds are not necessarily bad for you...they can actually be safer than going into the sun IF - and only IF - done correctly and in moderation. The good thing about a tanning bed is that they block out the UVC rays (which unfortumately we get from the sun) and you are concious of the time. A lot of the time when we go into the sun we don't really pay attention to the time we are in the sun, nor do we actually know how strong the UV rays are that day.

The problem with tanning beds is that a lot of people do not use them correctly, failing to use protective eye wear or creams, or they use them too much.
  • pMalak
    pMalak Posts: 41
    Options
    when i have somewhere to go - wedding or whatever it is i always use St. TROPEZ tanning mousse.'

it comes in little packages. you get scrub, mousse and lotion plus direction...

i love it, but it has one down side... the first day it has a bad smel.,,, just until you shower... put a sprawy of perfume fixes it..
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Tanning beds aren't really bad for your skin. They're the same rays that the sun naturally gives off. Some tanning benefits are: the "sunlight" rays stimulates the thyroid gland, which boosts your metabolism, if you have psoriasis it helps improve it, decreases adrenaline levels and release endorphins, if you have the winter blues it'll cheer you up, and it helps clear up acne. I tan almost every day, sometimes I'll skip a week here or there.

not everyone who tans gets cancer, just like not everyone that smokes gets cancer
    So it's good to just play the odds, right? :huh:
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    oh man, I guess I quit smoking for nothing.

• bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    amen to maintaining ALL your health. there's no undoing the sun damage.
  • albinogorilla
    Options

So it's good to just play the odds, right? :huh:

what are they? Got some numbers? Because I know know lots of people that smoke and lots that tan and none of them have cancer. And they age in range from 20's to 60's. There are lots more factors that go into play other than just, tanning = cancer.
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    oh man, I guess I quit smoking for nothing.

stores still open.........
  • mb236707
    mb236707 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've found Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing Daily to be good and it doesn't look streaky/unnatural. The only issue with it was that I found the smell to be a little odd, but I know some people that loved the smell. I would recommend trying it besides that though, it is only about $8 and lasts a long time
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My skin is ridiculously pale, like almost glow in the dark white. I use the jergens lotion during the summer, but I do notice, partly I think because my skin is so pale, that it can streak if I don't apply it perfectly. After a week or so, I feel like it takes the glare off my skin, but it doesn't add any significant color (no one but me can really tell I've used it). My skin doesn't really tan, it just burns, so I've never tried tanning beds. I have thought about getting the professional spray, though...

first apply moisturizer. then after it's soaked in it will take the tan lotion more smoothly and evenly.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO TANNING BEDS! Especially if you're as fair as you say you are. Please. Please. Don't.
    If you don't tan in the sun, you WILL NOT tan in a bed. You'll just damage your skin.

I'm as fair as you are, and I tanned a lot as a teenager, hoping that it would make my skin darker...it didn't work. And I had to get 3 spots of what was basically early stage skin cancer removed. At the age of 22.

Spray tanning or self-tanning lotions are a great way to get a glow without damaging your skin. They can also contour your body to make you look a few lbs lighter!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    What "tanners" don't understand is the effects happen many years later, the brown spots come out and they're not pretty........not worth it! Not to mention skin cancer and ugly aged skin that makes u look older than u r.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    you can't be serious

what are they? Got some numbers? Because I know know lots of people that smoke and lots that tan and none of them have cancer. And they age in range from 20's to 60's. There are lots more factors that go into play other than just, tanning = cancer.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Tan from Caribbean vacation > Tanning bed.

TRUST ME. O_O
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

20 years from now she will look 40 years older. I'm willing to bet she'll be very, very sorry LONG before then.

I don't tan. I have dark hair and dark eyes but a very pale complexion. I embraced my paleness at a very young age and never did the laying out to tan thing like my sisters did when we were teenagers. I'm 42. My sisters are 40. Both of them look like they are pushing 50. I got carded for beer 2 weeks ago.

I look like I'm sixteen and I'm twenty-two. I've been tanning on and off since I was fifteen.. I think I'll be alright. My mom tans and has tanned for years, she's forty-two and looks like she's still in her early thirties. So awesome tidbit, but I'm not buying it.

My uncle DIED when he was 35 from melanoma. Only 35, and had just been married for about 4 years, leaving a young widow behind. It started with a single mole on his back. You just keep living in your bubble though, I'm sure you'll be fine. :noway: