Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weirdest Thing You've Eaten?

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 646 Member
    paulaeatingbutter-300x300.jpg

OMG! You ate Paula Dean! How the hell did you log that?
    LOL LOL LOL :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CeeBond
    CeeBond Posts: 12 Member
    Try durian at your own risk. I have and they are disgusting IMO because of the texture and taste. Definitely an acquired taste!!! Once was enough for me:happy:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    Boomer bile. :P

I too have had this. :(
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Balut is nasty medicine!!! I've had cow tongue, fried alligator, toasted meal worms (they were tasty,) and cow head meat. All was delish!!!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Snapping turtle, sea urchin roe, stir-fried pigs' ears, kangaroo ... none of them weird of course to the people I was dining with ... used to eat smoked sturgeon, chicken hearts/gizzards, scrapple, head cheese, whole fried soft shelled crab, and blood sausage all the time when I was a kid and they seemed normal at the time to me ... not really sure what makes a food weird. I had elvers (whole baby eels) sauteed in garlic butter once at a Spanish restaurant on the West Coast ... they were absolutely delicious once you got past the fact that they looked like spaghetti with eyes. They're ungodly expensive now, though, so I suppose I'll never taste their deliciousness again.

The single most repulsive thing to me was the raw sea urchin roe, which I've had a couple of times at sushi bars ... tasted like sort of an iodine-y gelatinous custard but some folks love it. Fried brains (which my grandma served once) would be a close second.
  • Roasted Guinea Pig :[ I'm sad to say it was actually really tasty, but if I had known what it was, it would have never entered my mouth.
  • I lived in Africa for two years....need I say more lol?! we ate anything and everything!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Calf brain
  • I live in the south so I've eaten most wild game, but I guess the weirdest thing would be Deep Fried Crickets. Apparently this is a common dish in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Ate these with a missionary from there.
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Ive had black pudding which a few others have called blood sausage.

It scottish I believe and so yum.

Its very rich, if you dont think about what it is made from, its just a delicious sausage
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    I am sick to my stomach, thanks guys LOL
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    This thread is oddly fascinating...

I feel like my foods just aren't that interesting:
    alligator
    pork belly
    sweetbreads
    frog legs
    andouillette (tripe sausage)
    boudin noir (blood sausage)

I thought all of them were delicious, except for the andouillette. That was nasty.
  • KTKTP
    KTKTP Posts: 22
    rocky mountain oysters (aka bull testicles):noway:
    & dogfood
  • carissaharkins
    carissaharkins Posts: 48 Member
    Camel AND gator (gator tastes like chicken great!, camel effin gross!)
  • Boomer bile. :P

I too have had this. :(

What's it taste like? Do tell!
  • kayleystar
    kayleystar Posts: 51 Member
    I'm pretty picky, and don't try many new things, but had Alligator. Disgusting.
  • tigger301780
    tigger301780 Posts: 12 Member
    Yay something no one else seems to have mentioned yet: I ate dog in Indonesia. Not bad :D
  • frycase
    frycase Posts: 43
    paulaeatingbutter-300x300.jpg

OMG! You ate Paula Dean! How the hell did you log that?

If you put it in as about 200 sticks of butter and a box of Krispy Kremes, it works out pretty close.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Sharks fin
    Camels Paw
    Some form of cooked/boiled Dove Egg (absolutely disgusting, at least how it was cooked)
    Sticky/Gelatin Rice

All things I "tried" when I was in China...the first two weren't that bad, the last two made me gag. Haha.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Aichee (cleaned sheep intestine wrapped around mutton fat and fried) - a Navajo specialty.

I will never do that again.

:sick: