3'o clock temptations?

Options
2»

Replies

• jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    This is when I plan for having my protein drink. Can't go without it or I eat everything in my sight when I get home from work before dinner is cooked.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The 3 o'clock hunger pang gets me every day - today I had a diet hot chocolate & 2 oz of soy Kaas (almost cheese). I like the idea of having an apple & will try one tomorrow
  • motherfox
    Options
    I've created a terrific chocolate mocha smoothie for this exact thing. My husband drinks them almost nightly for dessert. Best if you have a Vitamix.

10 ice cubes
    cover with nf milk (approx 3/4C)
    4 heaping teaspoons of a FF hot chocolate (I use Nestle)
    1 teaspoon (or to taste) instant coffe (I use Folgers Classic Roast)
    Blend!
    Enjoy!
    Perfectly fills one glass. :)
    I've worked this through and it's about 65 calories and no fat. AWESOME!

Try it and let me know what you think.
    You can always play with the recipe and add or subtract whatever you like. (My kids like a banana in it)
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Not much for me at 3... I usually am only drinking water by now (it's 2:50 currently here) which I am at this very moment. It's post-workout and pre-dinner that's usually my Starbucks latte time (and I rarely resist lately). So... between 4:30-6 is my moment of the most temptation. LOL
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Almost always something salty or spicy. I've been mixing salsa with nonfat plain yogurt and using multi grain scoops. Also, 100 calorie bags of popcorn.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I normally eat a boiled egg around 3 pm that holds me over until dinner.

Just one boiled egg holds you over till dinner? I eat like 1 full egg with 2 or 3 egg whites and carrots or an orange I am hungry by time I eat usually around 5:30.
  • bw1014
    bw1014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to grab a bag of m&m's or a baby ruth's bar.. Today it was a Fiber One Mocha Chocolate Bar! Hopefully it keeps me going till dinner!
  • jennywren1971
    jennywren1971 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I plan a snack for the afternoon. I usually have 2 vitaweet with Vegemite and low fat cheese, or an apple, or a handful of almonds. I also drink either a large glass of diet cordial, a can of coke zero or I have a coffee,

I am usually I busy after school running kids around so I need to plan it so I am not tempted to stop off for treats and it helps me to not be starving by dinner time which leads me to bigger portion sizes then I really need
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    have a coffee
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I usually want coffee also, but I can't drink coffee in the afternoon, it keeps me up at night. I also crave chocolate, BAD!

I tried a hardboiled egg and some crackers today and that totally kept me satisfied until dinner. I'm usually starving when I get home from work, but wasn't today...
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    protein !!! beef jerky!!!!! peanut butter with gram crackers, a hand full of nuts, some boiled eggs... protein will keep you fuled till dinner.
  • madison5302
    madison5302 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

10 ice cubes
    cover with nf milk (approx 3/4C)
    4 heaping teaspoons of a FF hot chocolate (I use Nestle)
    1 teaspoon (or to taste) instant coffe (I use Folgers Classic Roast)
    Blend!
    Enjoy!
    Perfectly fills one glass. :)
    I've worked this through and it's about 65 calories and no fat. AWESOME!

This sounds good!
    With much respect I'd try those calorie counts again..3/4 cup of ff milk alone is about 65 calories before the chocolate.