Ladies: Do you weigh more than your S.O.?

Options

Replies

• Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Have never weighed more but I think we were pretty close when we first started dating. Maybe 12lbs apart then - but I've lost a few and he's gained a few in muscle - so we're now about 22lbs apart
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No S.O. for me, but I'm joined on my weight-loss mission by my boss at work, who's taller than me by a long way and has a stocky build.

He gets excited and likes to tell me his current weight, as he's happy to have lost. I keep my trap shut as I weigh about a stone more than he does at any given time and just don't want all the comments - you know: "But you can't weigh that much! I'm so much taller than you!" etc...

It's just so embarrassing. I don't mind telling him if I've lost 2lbs, but I won't give him any current figures. I just evade the question - he must have noticed. I'm probably doing more harm than good; I'm sure that by being evasive, it's only drawing attention to it and he's now thinking "My god, she must be a real salad dodger!"
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    yes my guys 5ft 10 weights 154lbs and im 5ft 2 and weigh 229lbs hes very slim and eats v high calories but hes a construction worker
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    i brought some new scales yesterday and was shocked that i weighed 28lb more than my other half :sad: .....even with his beer belly! i have now upped my game and its given me all the motivation i need to reach my goal!!!!!
  • katloaf
    katloaf Posts: 26
    Options
    I do, by about 10kg. But he is terribly underweight due to a medical disorder and also constantly forgets to eat, so it's OK - I have no desire to be that skinny.
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes I do, but he loves me just the way I am. I just want to wear his clothes, lol!!
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    yes he is 5'7 and 147 and last weight in i was 5'6 and 148.8..yayy im catching up!! before he would be 140 and i was about 153...i was embarrased cuz in my family thats like not acceptable to weigh more than your SO, but...im gonna be skinnier soon enough :)
  • Jayneoh
    Jayneoh Posts: 20
    Options
    my partner is the exact same weight as me! *sob!!!*
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weigh 180 pounds, but my husband is 5'10" and weighs 141 pounds. This doesn't seem to bother him, but bugs the snivers out of me. My goal is to see 130, but I don't want to go below 10% body fat, (which he is and it has causes him medical problems).
  • Lilmelollipop
    Options
    Yes, and I probably always will be... he is both smaller than me in height and is a lot smaller frame wise as well. Realistically, I could possibly weigh the same as him (a good year down the line) if I really stuck to my healthy eating past my initial target, but I haven't yet decided whether i'm going to go that far yet!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do by 30 pounds right now, but not for long!
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    Unfortunately I do weigh more than him by about 30 pounds....but won't be like that for long!
  • sgm73
    sgm73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep--but not for long! I'm 13 pounds heavier.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Nope, he's got about 100 pounds on me.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I used to but now I am 2 stone lighter than him :-))) I've shrunk, he hasn't!! Will even let him pick me up now haha!!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    when i first started losing weight - yes at 220lbs i weighed the same as my husband.

he then gained some (and is now 227 after losing 14lbs yay!) and i'm now down to 166lbs only 21lbs from goal !
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    not when we got married but after a few years......I out weigh him by 5lbs ugh :(
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    not anymore - but I was the heavier one for a few years!
    Now we're both losing weight, at pretty much the same rate - he's constantly 5kg heavier tho we've both lost 12kg each since early December.
    So no slacking off for me! can't let him pass me haha.
  • itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not only am I heavier then him by about 150 pounds I'm also 2 inches taller! He is naturally a thin person with a high metabolism! Only once have I seen him at 155 lbs but that was after being flat on his back for 21 days in the hospital(broken leg, 5 surgeries later). Took him less then a month to be back down to about 132 pounds. He was a 27 inch waist when we met he wears a 32 now!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Nope he is about 50 lbs heavier than I am. When I am at my goal weight of 130-135 it will be more. He wants to get down to 200. He is 6"4...I am 5"5. We have decided that I can wear 6" heels and still not be as tall as him. His 14 year old daughter is taller than me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!