Is it ok to work Abs everyday?

Options
I've been told several times to not work the same muscle group every day. I made it a habit to do at least 15 to 20 minutes of Abs everyday. Is this ok?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I've been told several times to not work the same muscle group every day. I made it a habit to do at least 15 to 20 minutes of Abs everyday. Is this ok?

It's ok but wholly unnecessary to be doing that much ab work
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options

Looks like an expert.. I'd listen to this guy! :laugh: Nice pic!
    I do about 50-100 crunches every other day. And try to use them when I do other stuff.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yes. I believe you can work abs and calves daily, but agree with Acg67 that it isn't necessary to do that much ab work.
  • Alexandrosrh9
    Options
    I've found that doing too much of one thing is not very productive. I used to do the same with my Abs for the longest time and did not seem to improve. What works for me is doing a good Ab work-out every other day and stretching everyday. Stretching has been the key for me.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options

My face when i do heavy squats and dead lifts when i want to work my abs.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yea squats/deads are like my only ab work xD

Not sure why you would want to do it everyday? Those are muscles too, and need a break! heh
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks. I will def do every other day now
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

This.

You could do something everyday if intensity and volume was low, but you'll likely see better results doing higher volume/intensity 1-2x per week.
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic I had the same question.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Abs are a muscle. Don't work the same muscle every day for proper growth and rest.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i do abs every day.m but only about 10 minutes of non stop sets. so i get alot in , in a short amount of time. before i had my latest baby i was training abs everyday as well and I got great results. to each is own i guess.
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options

I dunno ACG. It doesn't look like you know what you are talking about. LOL!
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for all the feedback
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Yea squats/deads are like my only ab work xD

Not sure why you would want to do it everyday? Those are muscles too, and need a break! heh

you have abs like that and all you do are squats and dead lifts? wow...awesome....i want abs :ohwell: