is your weight loss slow and steady, or in chunks?

Options
I can't actually say....

Mine used to be slow and steady, before I started eating way more raw foods in the beginning of January. Now it seem to have it come of more in a "chunk", LOL...... Nothing at all, then 3 pounds one day...... maybe a pound over a week, then 4 pounds one day... then .8 of a pound.....

I'm down 14 pounds this month alone.... but 8 or 9 of those in the last 8 days.

Replies

• shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine is nuts. I won't lose for 2-3 months, then i'll lose 10 pounds. And plateau again for weeks. It's making me nuts. :D
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    the graph for me looks like a sawtooth but steady downhill... don't get to discouraged
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    the graph for me looks like a sawtooth but steady downhill... don't get to discouraged

discouraged? :)..... I'm THRILLED! Would love to have 1.5 more ponds of by Feb. 2nd, though.... then I could say I lost 15 pounds in January.
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Man if i can loose 15 a month I'd be over the moon!!! what is your calorie goal. I'm 48...think we have the same struggles.
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Water retention makes the figure move up and down daily also. Keep going though!
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I hate mine. I'll lose a big chunk, gain some, lose a small amount...and thats how it goes on and on.
  • Jfuller1250
    Options
    Mine has been slow and some weeks I have lost more than others. Keep it up you are on the right track.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Nothing for 5 days or more, then down .5 every day for a few days... then nothing.

Im not the most " regular " of people though, and I know that contributes a LOT. I'm also really sensitive to sodium, so if I have a lot of sodium, I hold onto a lot of water weight.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options

mine too!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If I look at it in shorter time frames, it's pretty erratic. If I look at it longer term it's pretty consistent.
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do a weekly check-in now. Sometimes twice a week, if I think I caught myself on a bad day. For the longest time I didn't weigh at all and just went by how clothes fit, until I realized I was completely guessing at my calorie goal.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    I do a weekly check-in now. Sometimes twice a week, if I think I caught myself on a bad day. For the longest time I didn't weigh at all and just went by how clothes fit, until I realized I was completely guessing at my calorie goal.

Too funny.... yesterday morning and today, I have been trying on a lot of new ( and by new, I mean clothes I haven't worn in years ) and I love the fact that so many are now fitting me! :)