Buying Lean Cuisine's

Options

Replies

• caharter
    Options
    I have stocked the freezer with Lean Cuisine and find that they are tasty, but I do usually need a salad or other side to feel full. It is fast and convienent. I always try and drink extra water due to the Sodium content.
  • caharter
    Options
    Skinny Cow is amazing but unfortunately it is not available in my area. I do not do a lot of typical diet snacks as they tend to taste diet. Any hiints would be appreciated. Thanks
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    In the beginning of my weight loss journey I ate nothing but Lean Cuisines and lost almost 40 lbs. The sodium is ridiculous, though.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    All those dinners are bad for you. Calorie count might be low, but high in sodium and preservatives.....buy a crock pot and 2x a week make something good and wrap them up and several meals better for you...supplement with fruit. Waaay better.crockpot.com
  • stablesong
    Options
    Lean Cuisines are just generally gross to me. I haven't been able to find many that I like. I do love Smart Ones from Weight Watchers though.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Why not just bring a sandwich and fruit or vegetable sticks?
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Girl buy them. If they fit in your macros, eat them! I personally like the Smart ones better tho.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    True, they are really high in sodium. I hear the Smart Ones by Weight Watchers are better because they tend to have a higher fiber content.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input...I also tend to be eating the same salads over and over...got any good ideas for me?

I eat the same salad almost daily but it's crazy good -
    flat leaf or baby spinach
    chia seeds
    hot sauce
    fat free ranch
    mushrooms
    onion

YUM!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I stay away from frozen dinners. They are loaded with chemicals, preservatives, sodium and cost nearly as much as eating out. At $3-4 a box, I would rather have Subway.
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    watch the sodium:sad:
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the Lean Cuisine meals!!! I love ALL the pizza ones, especially the bbq chicken pizza! I also really like the lasagna w/meat sauce and as a snack the garlic chicken spring rolls....SO TASTY! You can collect the codes inside the boxes and redeem them online to win really cool stuff too. I've been able to get an entire year's subscription to Fitness magazine! Good luck!
  • danicamper
    Options
    Love the Lean Cuisines but aside from the sodium watch the carb content. Something with only 230 calories might have 51gs of carbs. Like all things, good in moderation.
    16217469.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    I still do lean cuisine or healthy choice meals with a salad for lunch almost day M-F. I know the sodium is bad but I try to get meals with the lowest sodium I can find. Healthy Choice has some that aren't so bad they are more natural and do not have any of the preservatives. I keep the rest of my day pretty clean (fresh fruits and veggies, dairy and whole grains) and get all my water for the day so I think I'm gonna live.

But, I know that I have to eventually find a convenient lunch alternative...one thing at a time.

Good luck
  • passionatemom
    passionatemom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been buying them for a few weeks now and like them. The soduim is not a problem for me. I drink plenty of water maybe that's why.. I'm still losing weight also. I just had the fltabread melt. Chicken philly..Really tasty and filling.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredients on the box. A lot of them don't have any more sodium then a sandwich. 2 slices of bread have 200-300 mg of sodium before you put anything on it. So to say they are high in sodium, yea Compared to a plain salad, but a sandwich with 1 slice of cheese and a little luncheon meat, no.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I buy them once in awhile, but they can be high in sodium and preservatives. Plus, they aren't very filling.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I love them!
    I have to eat 2 to get filled up, but they're tasty in a pinch.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    One word of warning, from experience....

If you've been making your own food at home, don't let the convenience of moving to these lead to worse options.

Lean cuisines might be just "a little" worse for you than home made, then the hot pockets might be just a little worse than the lean cuisines, then McDonalds is just a little worse than the hot pockets... you get the idea.

Don't "a little worse" back to bad habits.
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like Lean Cuisine, and have no desire to spend my day off cooking for the week so they work well for me. As for the sodium, most are around 500. A can of soup is around 1400. And Lean Cuisine has 90 meals that have NO preservatives. I do add some veggies though, because it isn't a very big meal.

I guess my thought is you have to eat what you like, even if it means just eating less of it. If I had to eat a sandwich and carrot sticks every day to lose weight, it wouldn't last three days. Same with salad, or soup. The frozen meals usually taste good and there's tons of variety so I'm not eating the same thing every day.