Any Photographers on Here?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I totally love photography. Was raised in the industry, but am an amateur. Have sold a few pieces to friends, co-workers. Samples are on my Facebook, so let me know if you would like to connect.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I'm not great or anything, but I did get a much better camera for Christmas, haven't had time to take many pictures.
    But I can post a few of my old ones later (:
    Just going to post in here now so I won't forget. lol
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm not a photographer professionally, but I do like taking pictures. I just treated myself to a Canon SX40. I haven't really gotten to use it too much yet. It's definitely new for me as my cam before was a Nikon Coolpix (loved it, but it got dropped and the plastic battery holder broke off :sad: )

The pics I have take with the new one though I'm very happy with and can't wait to learn more!

Nice pics everyone,...I'm glad I have a good resource of folk here to ask questions if I run into probs! :wink:

Tracy
    13680624.png
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Me! :)

I'm an amateur - just started last year, but I love it! I shoot with a Sony Alpha. My photoblog is here: http://photos.kguac.com

Professionally, I'm a web developer - so I put the two together recently and started a site where people can build their own photoblog: http://photomindful.com. Love to hear what you guys think :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Post pictures you've taken, details on equipment, or just general chat. I shoot pentax film and digital camera's, I'll post some pictures later on when I'm not at work :)

I used to be a wedding/portrait photographer.

Then I got tired of dealing with people who want a full day wedding for $300. So I sold everything.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Bumping...will try to remember to post some of my pics later....complete amateur...I'm on my 9th camera. They have all been Sony's my kids got me started in 2002 with my first digital. Got my first DSLR in 2007.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    Amatuer here. I have a Nikon D90 and a couple of lenses to go with. I would love to take some classes and better learn how to use my camera. One of my good friends actually trusted me to do her wedding. That was fun. Though my favorite subject are my dog, cars and nature.
    Here's a link to my "AmPho" photo album on my FB. Those are my favorite pics.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.476303919269.263126.665274269&type=3
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nikon all the way, baby.

I started with landscapes and similar outdoor stuff, and then moved onto people, and now do most of my shoots for bands (promo and stage photography).

I do weddings for friends and stuff, but that's just because I enjoy doing it.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Nikon D5000. I'm no photographer, I just dabble!

birdhead1.jpg

birdhead2.jpg

subway.jpg

manhattanbridge.jpg

july4th4.jpg

nighttime.jpg

catface.jpg

199505_563405029815_17400012_32436634_6359541_n.jpg
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I ♥ photography. I use a Pentax K-x and either the kit lens or a vintage 50mm Rikenon.

256g0tf.jpg

2ekmyl1.jpg

9qb6hf.jpg

90snfc.jpg

1e5k02.jpg

zk25go.jpg
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    ...and back in the late 1980's Practica !

I have this gorgeous vintage Praktica sitting here that I can't wait to use. I need to get my hands on a battery and a light-seal kit.

ndrj82.jpg
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    So these are on my deviantart account.
    make_up_by_vintagerockangel-d4k7ua8.jpg
    test1_by_vintagerockangel-d4k4vng.jpg
    snowman_by_vintagerockangel-d4hb9fr.png
    Batman_hearts_books_by_vintagerockangel.png
    You can look on there.. I have a lot of pics I could add to that.. If I ever though to. Lol
    I also have a photography page on facebook.. I have a lot to add to that too, lol. I am obviously lazy.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyssa-Michelle-Photography
    http://vintagerockangel.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Here's a few - amateur, it's just a hobby for me.

DSC_0011-1200.jpg

TWorm001-1200Crop.jpg

DSC_0085-1024.jpg

DSC_0029-1200-3.jpg

DSC_0060-1200-2.jpg

DrinkFire001-1200.jpg

ETA - No auto resize, so you can see part of them.

JM

You have an amazing abstract/macro eye.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    My photoblog is here: http://photos.kguac.com

Love it. You have some great shots.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    ...and back in the late 1980's Practica !

I have this gorgeous vintage Praktica sitting here that I can't wait to use. I need to get my hands on a battery and a light-seal kit.

ndrj82.jpg

I have a Pentax K-1000 that is a similar model. SLR's are SLR's to me. I really enjoy mine though, I need a new battery for it as well. Seeing these photos makes me want to put mine on digital. I develop my own photography as well
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I develop my own photography as well

That's something I've always wanted to do. I have the space, I've just never had the energy/funds to set it up.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

That's something I've always wanted to do. I have the space, I've just never had the energy/funds to set it up.

It's very smelly at first, but you get used to it after awhile lol.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am, but I'm a Canon girl. Seems to be an anomally here. I have a few Canon cameras. I stick with portraits- newborn, senior, maternity, the standard stuff. I do love to shoot landscape as we travel a lot but don't have any nerve to do anything with them. :)
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options

It's very smelly at first, but you get used to it after awhile lol.

That's true. But after so many years spend in the darkroom i've grown to love the smell. It brings up all the good memories from high school, running around in white robes (which smelled of chemicals for days after using them in the darkroom). And i always loved how i could just dissappear and hide from the rest of the world, the music playing on the radio, the soft whisper of students chatting in the background and sometimes the yelling of a professor to a said student haha.
    But yes well. I've grown up with wokrking in the darkroom and i absolutely love it. I could (and i did) spent days in it, developing films or just enlarging the photos, withouth bothering to get out of the room for hours. My mum usually had to remind me every once in a while to eat something, as i've been so engrossed in the process of what i was doing that i forgot about everything else.

If you have the funds and space (my first darkroom at home was in a bathroom. i live with my parents and a brother so let's say they weren't too enthusiastic about me being locked in there for hours on end) i say just do it and see how it works for you. You can start just with enlarging the photos and if you like it, invest in some other stuff to start also develop the films.
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    but don't have any nerve to do anything with them. :)

That happens a lot. I think it's totally natural, because when you let someone see your photos you show them a part of yourself.

I still cringe and think about everything that is wrong with the photo, when i'm showing my work to someone i respect. But i take it as it is, this makes me try harder the next time.

So my suggestion would be to just start with friends and family. After first initial positive comments you'll gain confidence and will work from there. :)