Need low cal healthy bread please

Options

Replies

• panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sara Lee's 45 Calories and Delightful 100% Multi Grain Bread!

Heard about this one and gonna try it. Sara Lee knows what she's doin' too.
  • jigglesnwiggles
    jigglesnwiggles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness Whole Grain Light is 35 calories, 0g fat, 3g Fiber for one slice and it tastes good. It is light and not real dense like some of the others. Even my kids like it!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the weight watchers multi-grain bread, it toasts really well, better than my boyfriend's calorie-laden bread lol.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Village hearth brand.
    12 Grain Bread
    Light Wheat
    Light Italian

Very good bread.
  • kimaviles76
    kimaviles76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know you said "bread" but I use OLE high fiber low carb wraps for "sandwhiches"...they're only 71 calories per wrap. Found them at Walmart....love them!!
  • NikkiRoxx
    NikkiRoxx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ezkiel Bread in the freezer section. Super good!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any? Is 100 cals per slice a lot? I currently eat Breadsmith.

I get Nature's Own Honey Wheat Light Bread and it is only 40 cals a slice and very good!

I also use this one and love it! The package is white...they have honey wheat and whole wheat in 40 cals per slice...that is 80 total for 2 slices
  • mstankowski
    mstankowski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like to use sandwhich thins that are 100cal each.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use wholewheat pitta bread, it's about 100 calories but te filling goes inside, so it's like a 2 slice sandwich and yummy!
  • karadawn14
    Options
    Silver Hills has good bread! Squirrely bread is delicious
  • JudyPMorg
    Options
    :love: Orowheat Whole Wheat Healthy Light - 40 cals per slice.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any? Is 100 cals per slice a lot? I currently eat Breadsmith.

If you have a Sprouts near you, they make several types of breads that are 50 calories per slice.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    Ezekiel Bread

^^THIS^^

It's sprouted grain, and doesn't affect your glycemic index. It's 80 calories per slice, but flourless. They also have a cinnamon raisin version, and I love it!
  • melidau
    melidau Posts: 13
    Options
    I would suggest Eizkel bread.. its notsuper low cal but all the others are full of high fructose corn syrup and other crap., including sarah lee and all the big brands
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me too! It's pretty darn good!! And I have one piece toasted with a bit of Nutella on it for my after workout treat!:happy:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    For sandwiches, I use Nature's Own sugar free (50 cal and no sugar). For my lunches, I use Fold-it's whole grain with flax. The entire thing is 90 calories. With breakfast, I use Ezekiel raisin bread (so delicious and filling), for 80 calories per slice.

ETA: Nature's own does NOT contain HFCS.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Eizkel bread.. its notsuper low cal but all the others are full of high fructose corn syrup and other crap., including sarah lee and all the big brands

The bread from Sprouts has no HFCS either.
  • Greyc
    Greyc Posts: 12
    Options
    Healthy Life 35 calorie per slice. this is what i eat it is yummy and affordable. I get it walmart but they sell it everywhere I even get coupons for it and at our local Krogers they triple so I get a really good one it those weeks.
  • Mrs_Me
    Mrs_Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go for Weight Watchers - 51 kcal a slice and it tastes pretty good too!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    OH MY Gosh! Thanks everyone!! I will try many of your suggestions!