the last 10 lbs

Options
I seem to be having a hard time losing the last 10 lbs and this pooch on my gummy. Im going nuts, I don't know what to do. I do an hour of bootcamp and ab ripper x on mon, Tuesday I do an hour of aerobics and an hour of yoga, wed I do an hour of zumba ab ripper x and sometimes an hour of a beach body class, Thursdays I do an hour of ripped and fridays I do an hour of yoga and ab ripper x. Pluses I eat really well so I'm not understanding why I still ha e this pooch and Im not losing any weight please help!!!

Replies

• ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. The first 32 were fairly easy to lose and now I feel like I'm stuck with this belly.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    The pooch on our tummy is worked off in the kitchen, not the gym. You have to cut back seriously on carbs for belly fat.

I know a certain foods you are supposed to eat to help burn it are avocados, eggs, lean turkey meat and low fat dairy. Maybe some other people can also suggest the belly fat burning foods.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Try switching things up. If you don't eat back your exercise calories, start. Many friends successfully did this to break plateaus. Change up your exercise routine. Good luck!
  • melidau
    melidau Posts: 13
    Options
    agreed.. abs are all about the diet.. what is your diet like?
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    The less amount of weight you have to lose, the longer it will take. Those last 10 pounds just don't come off as easily as the first. Keep up the good work and you will get there.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to lose 0.5 lbs/week, increase the amount of strength training you do and eat back your exercise calories.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    The pooch on our tummy is worked off in the kitchen, not the gym. You have to cut back seriously on carbs for belly fat.

I know a certain foods you are supposed to eat to help burn it are avocados, eggs, lean turkey meat and low fat dairy. Maybe some other people can also suggest the belly fat burning foods.

I have had the same issue. I suggest making your carbs and your protein ratio 1 to 1. I did this d lost 3 pounds in one week. Just the change and 6 days at the gym.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds are THE hardest. I'm right there with you as I'm in the home stretch after losing 111 pounds in a year. I see the goal line and now I'm crawling to it!!! I would suggest eating at your BMR, eating more lean protein, less carb, do high intervals with your cardio and increase your weight lifting and do reps to failure. Hang in there.
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Same boat here. I have about 10 lbs to lose and it's going pretty slowly. I wasn't losing weight for a while, so I started eating a little more (about 150-250 more calories a day) and definitely making sure I was netting 1200 calories (eating back exercise calories) and I started dropping pounds. I started eating that way this week, and it's amazing how it helps. If you are putting in a lot of workout hours, make sure you eat enough fuel for your body so your body will let go of the fat. I didn't believe it at first, but I lost about 2 lbs this week just by eating a little more and making sure I'm eating most of my exercise calories.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to lose 0.5 lbs/week, increase the amount of strength training you do and eat back your exercise calories.

THIS!

In order to lose the last 10, I had to back my weight loss down to 0.5 lb/week, then the weight started coming off again. I completely disagree with the person who said you have to give up carbs- totally wrong. *Some* people are carb sensitive, some are not. I am not, eat carbs every day, and am doing just fine. If there is one thing you take away from MFP, let it be that what works for one does not work for everyone.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    switch it up alot! like change your calorie intake a little everyday and do different exercises
  • rouleaux
    Options
    I know the feeling too, 10lbs to go and i'm trying not to get impatient... but I can't seem to get my body fat% down either, loose any inches, or get the scale to budge, even with strength training and eating back exercise calories. I may have to do more cardio, blech!
  • erickirb
    Options

I have had the same issue. I suggest making your carbs and your protein ratio 1 to 1. I did this d lost 3 pounds in one week. Just the change and 6 days at the gym.

most likely most of that weight loss was water weight, as most people retain less water on lower carbs, but this is not necessary to lose that last 10lbs of fat)
  • mrsknotts
    mrsknotts Posts: 115
    Options
    Same here and nice to know I'm not alone!! Im going to switch up my workouts and eat a bit.more. Hope it works
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    Well, it has been explained to me, by a doctor, that belly fat comes from carbs and butt fat comes from fat. To lose the belly fat, you decrease your carbohydrates and eat more lean protein, to lose the butt fat, you eat "good" carbs and cut back fat,.

When I stopped drinking (all sugar) I dropped 20 lbs and a big portion of it came off my belly. Beer gut anyone?
    When I started exercising and watching my fat intake, my butt started shrinking, lost another 20.

So, after working with a trainer, doctor and nutritionist, and having real life experience, this is true for me.
  • erickirb
    Options
    Well, it has been explained to me, by a doctor, that belly fat comes from carbs and butt fat comes from fat. To lose the belly fat, you decrease your carbohydrates and eat more lean protein, to lose the butt fat, you eat "good" carbs and cut back fat,.

When I stopped drinking (all sugar) I dropped 20 lbs and a big portion of it came off my belly. Beer gut anyone?
    When I started exercising and watching my fat intake, my butt started shrinking, lost another 20.

So, after working with a trainer, doctor and nutritionist, and having real life experience, this is true for me.

I hope this is a joke,

If not, I am surprised at how bad that advice was coming from a professional. Most MD's have very limited education in nutrition, and I guess this was one of those that had very little. you cannot spot reduce, from exercise or diet, your body chooses where it loses and there is nothing you can do about that, other then liposuction.3

What you experiences was correlation, not causation. I am sure during that time you were in a caloric deficit, so your body chose to lose where it lost, it had nothing to do with the type of calorie consumed.

Correlation =/= causation
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pluses I eat really well so

what does eating really well mean to you? open your diary.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options

Wow, I am surprised at how bad that advice was coming from a professional. Most MD's have very limited education in nutrition, and I guess this was one of those that had very little. you cannot spot reduce, from exercise or diet, your body chooses where it loses and there is nothing you can do about that, other then liposuction.

LMAO, yeah, what ever dude.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

:laugh: that's awesome. hall of fame material
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Sorry but belly fat burning foods are a myth. Nothing you eat is going to 'burn' fat from anywhere...it's going to add calories to your body. Also, you cannot target fat loss, stick with a calorie deficit and you'll eventually see the results as you lose more weight. Many times it's the last spot to trim up.